Visa Granted!!!!! Wooohooo

Old Apr 11th 2004, 4:01 am
Just Joined

Tarryn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Granted!!!!! Wooohooo

WE GOT IT!

Yesterday the letter arrived (small whote envelope in case you were wondering...)

It said our visa was granted on 31/03/04 after receiving our docs on the 24/03/04.

Brent is to enter before me. They included a doc / info sheet on Aussie / Settling I think (clearly paid no attention to that)!!!

We have to enter before 11/02/2005 I think!

Thanks to all the agents for the free advice they give. It honestly is a great help. While we did not use an agent, I woudl recommend Steve & Graham & Alan to anyone looking for an agent.

Thanks also for all the encouragements & a big thanks to those who asked the "dumb" questions I was too scared to ask!!!

Best Best wishes to all those who are still waiting - its on its way!

Tazza

Mar 31, 2004 VISA GRANTED
Mar 24, 2004 PCC Sent
Feb 14, 2004 Medicals Sent
Jan 22, 2004 PCC & Med Requested
May 6, 2003 Credit Card Charged
Apr 15, 2003 App sent to Aussie
Old Apr 11th 2004, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice
Default Re: Visa Granted!!!!! Wooohooo

Originally posted by Tarryn
WE GOT IT!

Yesterday the letter arrived (small whote envelope in case you were wondering...)

It said our visa was granted on 31/03/04 after receiving our docs on the 24/03/04.

Brent is to enter before me. They included a doc / info sheet on Aussie / Settling I think (clearly paid no attention to that)!!!

Thanks to all the agents for the free advice they give. It honestly is a great help. While we did not use an agent, I woudl recommend Steve & Graham & Alan to anyone looking for an agent.

Thanks also for all the encouragements & a big thanks to those who asked the "dumb" questions I was too scared to ask!!!

Tazza

Mar 24, 2004 PCC Sent

Many Congratulations. You must feel on top of the world!! Can't wait for our turn. (heres hoping).

Pauline.
Old Apr 11th 2004, 2:31 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

WE GOT IT!

Tazza

Mar 24, 2004 PCC Sent
Congratulations Tazza

I bet the celebrations have already started.

Sasha
Old Apr 11th 2004, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Congrats
Old Apr 11th 2004, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

What a fantastic feeling eh?!

Now the real hard work starts!!!!!

Will have a drink or two for you!!!

Best wishes,
Old Apr 12th 2004, 6:49 am
Just Joined

calin is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!!

It is a great feeling, isn't it?

Where do you intend to go?
Old Apr 12th 2004, 9:11 am
Just Joined

[i]

Where do you intend to go?
Hey Calin

We have no idea :-o

We are planning our first entry trip for July - the whole month and will have a look at Sydney, Perth, Adelaide & Brisbane.

Now we really have to investigate investigate investigate, and then make a decision.

We arent in too much of a rush as we are quite happy here in the Middle East for now, so after a few holiday trips in and out of Oz we may get a better feeling. Of course we will also need to read up a whole lot more and get experience from those who have gone before us. No sense inventing the wheel - we are quite willing to learn from others and their advice where they have made mistakes.

Any recommendations for websites with relevant info to those outside the country re cities, costs etc etc etc.....(have seen a few, but there may be some gems I havent seen yet).

Toodles
T
Old Apr 12th 2004, 11:31 am
earlswood

Well done Tazza and enjoy your trips!!

Hope you find the perfect place to settle

Earlswood

Old Apr 12th 2004, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point

Chuffed to bits for you........heres hoping we'll get sorted soon (somehow, someday!!!!!!!)

Originally posted by earlswood
Well done Tazza and enjoy your trips!!

Hope you find the perfect place to settle

Earlswood
Old Apr 12th 2004, 11:40 pm
mamacares

amendoza is on a distinguished road

Hey Calin

We have no idea :-o

We are planning our first entry trip for July - the whole month and will have a look at Sydney, Perth, Adelaide & Brisbane.

Now we really have to investigate investigate investigate, and then make a decision.

We arent in too much of a rush as we are quite happy here in the Middle East for now, so after a few holiday trips in and out of Oz we may get a better feeling. Of course we will also need to read up a whole lot more and get experience from those who have gone before us. No sense inventing the wheel - we are quite willing to learn from others and their advice where they have made mistakes.

Any recommendations for websites with relevant info to those outside the country re cities, costs etc etc etc.....(have seen a few, but there may be some gems I havent seen yet).

Toodles
T
---
Hi Tarryn,

Congrats a lot! Where in the ME are you? We're in Riyadh at this time. I know what you mean by being happy as we are as well ok here. We look forward to our day of celebration when our time comes. Its a big yippee indeed. Enjoy...

Hannah
Old Apr 13th 2004, 5:00 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by amendoza
---
Hi Tarryn,

Congrats a lot! Where in the ME are you? We're in Riyadh at this time. I know what you mean by being happy as we are as well ok here. We look forward to our day of celebration when our time comes. Its a big yippee indeed. Enjoy...

Hannah
Hey Hannah

We are in Dubai - we came here in March 1998 and got pretty settled. Its really such a pleasure living here, but unfortunately it can't be forever so we have to plan ahead - hence the Ozzie App. Close friends who were first in Dubai stayed in KSA for a couple of years too - but they are back in Dubai now. What you guys doing over there - well hubby at least?
Old Apr 13th 2004, 10:43 am
mamacares

amendoza is on a distinguished road

Hey Hannah

We are in Dubai - we came here in March 1998 and got pretty settled. Its really such a pleasure living here, but unfortunately it can't be forever so we have to plan ahead - hence the Ozzie App. Close friends who were first in Dubai stayed in KSA for a couple of years too - but they are back in Dubai now. What you guys doing over there - well hubby at least?
Hi Tarryn! Been to Dubai and I know what you mean. Its really a pleasure. I'm a pharmacist and my hubby's an IT Audit Manager at a bank here. If and when we get our visa, we plan to do the same route as yours, that is, maximize our stay and set off to Oz. We've migrated to Canada already;however,the weather is a big turn off for me and personally, I prefer a warmer climate. So much for now. Hope you settle well in Oz. Gotta go...My little bud is bugging me! Keep in touch!

Have a nice day!

Hannah