Visa Granted!!!!! Wooohooo

Old Apr 11th 2004, 5:01 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 29
Tarryn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Granted!!!!! Wooohooo

WE GOT IT!

Yesterday the letter arrived (small whote envelope in case you were wondering...)

It said our visa was granted on 31/03/04 after receiving our docs on the 24/03/04.

Brent is to enter before me. They included a doc / info sheet on Aussie / Settling I think (clearly paid no attention to that)!!!

We have to enter before 11/02/2005 I think!

Thanks to all the agents for the free advice they give. It honestly is a great help. While we did not use an agent, I woudl recommend Steve & Graham & Alan to anyone looking for an agent.

Thanks also for all the encouragements & a big thanks to those who asked the "dumb" questions I was too scared to ask!!!

Best Best wishes to all those who are still waiting - its on its way!

Tazza

Mar 31, 2004 VISA GRANTED
Mar 24, 2004 PCC Sent
Feb 14, 2004 Medicals Sent
Jan 22, 2004 PCC & Med Requested
May 6, 2003 Credit Card Charged
Apr 15, 2003 App sent to Aussie
Tarryn is offline  
Old Apr 11th 2004, 12:54 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Pauline & Iain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Leicester (now Perth)
Posts: 261
Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice
Default Re: Visa Granted!!!!! Wooohooo

Originally posted by Tarryn
WE GOT IT!

Yesterday the letter arrived (small whote envelope in case you were wondering...)

It said our visa was granted on 31/03/04 after receiving our docs on the 24/03/04.

Brent is to enter before me. They included a doc / info sheet on Aussie / Settling I think (clearly paid no attention to that)!!!

We have to enter before 11/02/2005 I think!

Thanks to all the agents for the free advice they give. It honestly is a great help. While we did not use an agent, I woudl recommend Steve & Graham & Alan to anyone looking for an agent.

Thanks also for all the encouragements & a big thanks to those who asked the "dumb" questions I was too scared to ask!!!

Best Best wishes to all those who are still waiting - its on its way!

Tazza

Mar 31, 2004 VISA GRANTED
Mar 24, 2004 PCC Sent
Feb 14, 2004 Medicals Sent
Jan 22, 2004 PCC & Med Requested
May 6, 2003 Credit Card Charged
Apr 15, 2003 App sent to Aussie


Many Congratulations. You must feel on top of the world!! Can't wait for our turn. (heres hoping).

Pauline.
Pauline & Iain is offline  
Old Apr 11th 2004, 3:31 pm
  #3  
I need a beer.....
 
snappy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: The ville and the beach :)
Posts: 809
snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Visa Granted!!!!! Wooohooo

Originally posted by Tarryn
WE GOT IT!

Yesterday the letter arrived (small whote envelope in case you were wondering...)

It said our visa was granted on 31/03/04 after receiving our docs on the 24/03/04.

Brent is to enter before me. They included a doc / info sheet on Aussie / Settling I think (clearly paid no attention to that)!!!

We have to enter before 11/02/2005 I think!

Thanks to all the agents for the free advice they give. It honestly is a great help. While we did not use an agent, I woudl recommend Steve & Graham & Alan to anyone looking for an agent.

Thanks also for all the encouragements & a big thanks to those who asked the "dumb" questions I was too scared to ask!!!

Best Best wishes to all those who are still waiting - its on its way!

Tazza

Mar 31, 2004 VISA GRANTED
Mar 24, 2004 PCC Sent
Feb 14, 2004 Medicals Sent
Jan 22, 2004 PCC & Med Requested
May 6, 2003 Credit Card Charged
Apr 15, 2003 App sent to Aussie
Congratulations Tazza

I bet the celebrations have already started.

Sasha
snappy is offline  
Old Apr 11th 2004, 8:56 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
Billabong's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: North Lakes/Mango Hill, Brisbane
Posts: 1,134
Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice
Default Re: Visa Granted!!!!! Wooohooo

Congrats
Billabong is offline  
Old Apr 11th 2004, 9:30 pm
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Cairns
Posts: 3,918
steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Granted!!!!! Wooohooo

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

What a fantastic feeling eh?!

Now the real hard work starts!!!!!

Will have a drink or two for you!!!

Best wishes,
steandleigh is offline  
Old Apr 12th 2004, 7:49 am
  #6  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 15
calin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Granted!!!!! Wooohooo

Congratulations!!!

It is a great feeling, isn't it?

Where do you intend to go?
calin is offline  
Old Apr 12th 2004, 10:11 am
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 29
Tarryn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Granted!!!!! Wooohooo

[i]

Where do you intend to go?
Hey Calin

We have no idea :-o

We are planning our first entry trip for July - the whole month and will have a look at Sydney, Perth, Adelaide & Brisbane.

Now we really have to investigate investigate investigate, and then make a decision.

We arent in too much of a rush as we are quite happy here in the Middle East for now, so after a few holiday trips in and out of Oz we may get a better feeling. Of course we will also need to read up a whole lot more and get experience from those who have gone before us. No sense inventing the wheel - we are quite willing to learn from others and their advice where they have made mistakes.

Any recommendations for websites with relevant info to those outside the country re cities, costs etc etc etc.....(have seen a few, but there may be some gems I havent seen yet).

Toodles
T
Tarryn is offline  
Old Apr 12th 2004, 12:31 pm
  #8  
earlswood
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Visa Granted!!!!! Wooohooo

Well done Tazza and enjoy your trips!!

Hope you find the perfect place to settle



Earlswood
 
Old Apr 12th 2004, 2:53 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
bettytweena's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 241
bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Granted!!!!! Wooohooo

Chuffed to bits for you........heres hoping we'll get sorted soon (somehow, someday!!!!!!!)

Originally posted by earlswood
Well done Tazza and enjoy your trips!!

Hope you find the perfect place to settle



Earlswood
bettytweena is offline  
Old Apr 13th 2004, 12:40 am
  #10  
mamacares
 
amendoza's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 201
amendoza is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Visa Granted!!!!! Wooohooo

Originally posted by Tarryn
Hey Calin

We have no idea :-o

We are planning our first entry trip for July - the whole month and will have a look at Sydney, Perth, Adelaide & Brisbane.

Now we really have to investigate investigate investigate, and then make a decision.

We arent in too much of a rush as we are quite happy here in the Middle East for now, so after a few holiday trips in and out of Oz we may get a better feeling. Of course we will also need to read up a whole lot more and get experience from those who have gone before us. No sense inventing the wheel - we are quite willing to learn from others and their advice where they have made mistakes.

Any recommendations for websites with relevant info to those outside the country re cities, costs etc etc etc.....(have seen a few, but there may be some gems I havent seen yet).

Toodles
T
---
Hi Tarryn,

Congrats a lot! Where in the ME are you? We're in Riyadh at this time. I know what you mean by being happy as we are as well ok here. We look forward to our day of celebration when our time comes. Its a big yippee indeed. Enjoy...

Hannah
amendoza is offline  
Old Apr 13th 2004, 6:00 am
  #11  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 29
Tarryn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Granted!!!!! Wooohooo

Originally posted by amendoza
---
Hi Tarryn,

Congrats a lot! Where in the ME are you? We're in Riyadh at this time. I know what you mean by being happy as we are as well ok here. We look forward to our day of celebration when our time comes. Its a big yippee indeed. Enjoy...

Hannah
Hey Hannah

We are in Dubai - we came here in March 1998 and got pretty settled. Its really such a pleasure living here, but unfortunately it can't be forever so we have to plan ahead - hence the Ozzie App. Close friends who were first in Dubai stayed in KSA for a couple of years too - but they are back in Dubai now. What you guys doing over there - well hubby at least?
Tarryn is offline  
Old Apr 13th 2004, 11:43 am
  #12  
mamacares
 
amendoza's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 201
amendoza is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Visa Granted!!!!! Wooohooo

Originally posted by Tarryn
Hey Hannah

We are in Dubai - we came here in March 1998 and got pretty settled. Its really such a pleasure living here, but unfortunately it can't be forever so we have to plan ahead - hence the Ozzie App. Close friends who were first in Dubai stayed in KSA for a couple of years too - but they are back in Dubai now. What you guys doing over there - well hubby at least?
Hi Tarryn! Been to Dubai and I know what you mean. Its really a pleasure. I'm a pharmacist and my hubby's an IT Audit Manager at a bank here. If and when we get our visa, we plan to do the same route as yours, that is, maximize our stay and set off to Oz. We've migrated to Canada already;however,the weather is a big turn off for me and personally, I prefer a warmer climate. So much for now. Hope you settle well in Oz. Gotta go...My little bud is bugging me! Keep in touch!

Have a nice day!

Hannah
amendoza is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.