Visa Granted but ....

Old Dec 11th 2016, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

rafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Granted but ....

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The question that asks about have you ever been refused a visa refers toANY visa in ANY country - and yes, that piece of info came from a registered agent. It should have been declared. It may or may not matter to the application but the OP should still have declared it.
There are many reons why DIBP cancel visas,not just criminal convictions, and while I agree this will probably not impact the current Aussie visa, if they decide to cancel it they can and will - regardless of whether you, I or the OP thin its a minor matter.The OP should get good professional advice.

Incodentally I have lived here 13 years too. I don't see what earthly relevance that has to the issue at hand. I know people who have lived here all their lives and some of them don't even know that people need a visa to enter the country.
I have lived in Australia on several visas, did get rejected for a visa previously and applying again for another one... so I have been dealing with visas for many years, have experience and know more about it than most, I believe. And before anything, yes I agree, OP should talk to an agent, following advice from here will just derail him unnecessarily.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 5:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rafaella1
I have lived in Australia on several visas, did get rejected for a visa previously and applying again for another one... so I have been dealing with visas for many years, have experience and know more about it than most, I believe. And before anything, yes I agree, OP should talk to an agent, following advice from here will just derail him unnecessarily.
You do know that we have several agents that kindly give up their time and advise on here for free? So advice from this forum won't 'derail' the OP, as it is the expert advice you're recommending he seeks.

FWIW, I know nothing about Oz immigration, but I have worked in Canadian immi for years, and if the OP's friend was banned from Canada as well as having been refused a visa then it must have been for a serious reason (probably fraud/misrep as said above), so that does rather imply this omission on the Oz visa application may not have been accidental!
Old Dec 11th 2016, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

rafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond reputerafaella1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You do know that we have several agents that kindly give up their time and advise on here for free? So advice from this forum won't 'derail' the OP, as it is the expert advice you're recommending he seeks.

FWIW, I know nothing about Oz immigration, but I have worked in Canadian immi for years, and if the OP's friend was banned from Canada as well as having been refused a visa then it must have been for a serious reason (probably fraud/misrep as said above), so that does rather imply this omission on the Oz visa application may not have been accidental!
Actually I didn't know, but thanks for informing me. I'm new to this community.

It was the spouse that was main applicant for the Canadian visa, as I understand, that got visa rejected and banned, We don't know why that visa was rejected so no need to speculate.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 1:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rafaella1
It was the spouse that was main applicant for the Canadian visa, as I understand, that got visa rejected and banned, We don't know why that visa was rejected so no need to speculate.
There's not much need for speculation, an Exclusion Order for Canada is only granted in fairly narrow circumstances, all of which involve fraud/illegal activity.

If the OP's friend had just had their Canadian PR application rejected then that's one thing, but if they were banned as well it would have been for a serious reason, hard to believe that was forgotten about tbh.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with previous posters - you should seek out professional advice and follow it. Be completely honest and transparent with DIBP. Do not evade or try to hide things from them. As well . . . I do not believe Canada issued a ban just for having an unsuccessful application.