posting wife's visa and what to send it in

Old May 2nd 2012, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default posting wife's visa and what to send it in

I will be sending off my wife's application for her visa,with certified copies etc etc can anyone recommend what to send this in,there will be many sheets of paper 50 possibly not sure,i was going to put them in a envelope a4 size hard backed but these will probably be too thin,or i could put as much as i can in several of these and then post them as a lot,but what could i put them in anyone any idea?
Also as i will be paying to have these certified etc etc i want them to arrive safely again any idea how best to send these who with and costs,im hoping to do this on thursday and so would be greatfull of any ideas before then
Old May 3rd 2012, 5:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: posting wife's visa and what to send it in

Originally Posted by brian.w
I will be sending off my wife's application for her visa,with certified copies etc etc can anyone recommend what to send this in,there will be many sheets of paper 50 possibly not sure,i was going to put them in a envelope a4 size hard backed but these will probably be too thin,or i could put as much as i can in several of these and then post them as a lot,but what could i put them in anyone any idea?
Also as i will be paying to have these certified etc etc i want them to arrive safely again any idea how best to send these who with and costs,im hoping to do this on thursday and so would be greatfull of any ideas before then
Just one big envelope is all that's needed. If you're in the UK then you want to send it Royal Mail Special Delivery, you can folow it to its destination on line and it's the quickest and safest. In that link you can check the price.
Old May 3rd 2012, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

I maybe never said these papers are being sent to our agent first to get checked over in australia.
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

I see royal mail has two ways to send airsure and international signed for whats the recommend one to use is one quicker than the other,i have these in cardboard envelopes which i now plan on putting into a good stong jiffy bag to send,just not sure of the two royal mail options is best
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I see royal mail has two ways to send airsure and international signed for whats the recommend one to use is one quicker than the other,i have these in cardboard envelopes which i now plan on putting into a good stong jiffy bag to send,just not sure of the two royal mail options is best
If I were sending my application overseas, personally I wouldn't use Royal Mail, I'd use DHL or similar where you know who is handling it all the way. Royal Mail are only in charge until it reaches the plane, after that you have no control over it.
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:53 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
If I were sending my application overseas, personally I wouldn't use Royal Mail, I'd use DHL or similar where you know who is handling it all the way. Royal Mail are only in charge until it reaches the plane, after that you have no control over it.
+1

I wouldn't trust Royal Mail with important stuff. I think we used DHL for sending our meds. I can't remember now, it was quite a while ago! They got there okay though.
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

but was it not mentioned that royal mail was the way to go? im looking at airsure which looks ok to me any many others have used international signed for often on here im sure,airsure seem to be a little faster and better?
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:34 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

but was it not mentioned that royal mail was the way to go? im looking at airsure which looks ok to me any many others have used international signed for often on here im sure,airsure seem to be a little faster and better?
There are undoubtedly people that have had no problems with them. It's just a personal opinion that I wouldn't trust Royal Mail. The amount of stuff that I've sent (or have been expecting to receive) that has been lost or delayed is ridiculous.
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

I got this from royal mail site i think its recently been changed for airsure,dont think it was the case before:

Airsure: we now offer a fully tracked service to Australia, Latvia and Malta.
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:37 pm

I got this from royal mail site i think its recently been changed for airsure,dont think it was the case before:

Airsure: we now offer a fully tracked service to Australia, Latvia and Malta.
That's good. Hopefully it's an improvement.
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
That's good. Hopefully it's an improvement.
I maybe wrong but was this not trackable before?
Old May 3rd 2012, 3:37 pm

I maybe wrong but was this not trackable before?
Not as far as I was aware, but it's been a long time since I've used Royal Mail for anything important (so I could be wrong). As I said, I think we used DHL last time.
Old May 3rd 2012, 4:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't worry so much about Royal Mail, its Aus Post the other end that would worry me!!
Brian, the reason why it was suggested you just post the documents is cos a Spouse Visa application for someone in the UK has to go to Aus House in London. Now you say it has to go to an sgent in Aus first. Personally I would use DHL for that, and check out what method they are using to send everything back across to London as well.