Wikiposts

Visa grant timescale???

Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

kirkr99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Visa grant timescale???

All,

Can anyone help me with the below.
In anticipation of receiving my visa, I recently began looking for jobs down under.
As a result of this I have now reached the final interview stages for an engineering job based in Melbourne.
The next interview stage is being held on the 3rd of November and the company have asked me to tell them when I expect to receive my visa.
My wife is the primary candidate on our application as her occupation (Hairdresser) is on the MODL.
Our timeline is as follows:
Applied: 6th Feb 2004.
Medicals/PCC's etc requested: 11th Aug 2004.
Medicals/PCC's etc received by the ASPC: 7th September 2004.
I did email our case officer (Yes, I know I probably shouldn't have!) asking for an approximate timescale but I haven't received a reply, and due to the Pre/Post July thing I'm not sure what timescale to expect anymore as I thought we would have got our visas by now.
Therefore, from the above info, does anyone have any idea when we might expect our visa grant?

Any help appreciated.

kirkr99
Old Oct 28th 2004, 3:46 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: Visa grant timescale???

I think you should hear any day now. See my timeline below, I'm not MODL - it's just a estimate after sending pc and meds.

Good Luck.

Claire
Old Oct 28th 2004, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kirkr99
All,

Can anyone help me with the below.
In anticipation of receiving my visa, I recently began looking for jobs down under.
As a result of this I have now reached the final interview stages for an engineering job based in Melbourne.
The next interview stage is being held on the 3rd of November and the company have asked me to tell them when I expect to receive my visa.
My wife is the primary candidate on our application as her occupation (Hairdresser) is on the MODL.
Our timeline is as follows:
Applied: 6th Feb 2004.
Medicals/PCC's etc requested: 11th Aug 2004.
Medicals/PCC's etc received by the ASPC: 7th September 2004.
I did email our case officer (Yes, I know I probably shouldn't have!) asking for an approximate timescale but I haven't received a reply, and due to the Pre/Post July thing I'm not sure what timescale to expect anymore as I thought we would have got our visas by now.
Therefore, from the above info, does anyone have any idea when we might expect our visa grant?

Any help appreciated.

kirkr99

Have a look at www.austimeline.com for other people's timelines.

Good luck with your app.

But DIMIA do tell you not to go counting chickens...
Old Oct 28th 2004, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Theresa, Ian & Tim is on a distinguished road

Dear kirkr99
Sorry I can't help with timescales but my husband wants to start looking for a job before we get to Australia. Because you are still waiting for confirmation of your visa have you had more positive feedback than negative from employers? When you go on the websites of agencies it says you must have the right to work in Oz before you apply. Please share your experiences.

Many thanks
Theresa
Old Oct 28th 2004, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Young Ones is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Visa grant timescale???

Hi there,
Sorry to sound negative but looking for a job!! in Oz selling your house(some people are) before you know you are going to get your visa, dosn't that seem a bit hasty....... how do you know your gonna get one, we have just got our assurer to pay the bond $5000 to the commenwealth Bank and are just waiting for the Visa now, we have not got excited at any stage throughout this long process just incase, do you lot out there know something that we dont!! could we go through all this and not get it, or as we have come this far we have the right to assume we have got our visa???
Could someone please help on this question as I have no more finger nails to bite off!! thanks
Old Oct 28th 2004, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Theresa, Ian & Tim
Dear kirkr99
Sorry I can't help with timescales but my husband wants to start looking for a job before we get to Australia. Because you are still waiting for confirmation of your visa have you had more positive feedback than negative from employers? When you go on the websites of agencies it says you must have the right to work in Oz before you apply. Please share your experiences.

Many thanks
Theresa
Hi Theresa,

When looking for employment, I basically included a cover letter explaining our situation and time line stating that my wife and I were hopefully nearing the end of the immigration process etc. If it hadn't been for the post/pre July change, all going well we probably would have received them by now!
In actual fact this is only the 2nd Oz based job I applied for.
To get an understanding of the job market, I basically tried a couple of applications to see what response I received.
From the 2 jobs (both through recruitment agencies) I applied for, I managed to secure telephone interviews with both.
To be honest, due to me not having my visa yet, I didn't really expect to receive any feedback never mind make it to the final interview stages.
However, it just proves what can happen if you chance your arm.
Hope this is of some help.
Now if only that yellow envelope would come through the post!

Kirkr99
Old Oct 28th 2004, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Theresa, Ian & Tim is on a distinguished road

Thanks for getting back to me. It is really encouraging that out of two applications you have got this sort of response. Can I be cheeky and ask what you do for a living. My husband is an accountant and it is really useful to share and learn by other peoples experiences.
Regards
Theresa,
Old Oct 28th 2004, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Hello Theresa,

To answer your question, I work as a quality engineer based in the electronics/automotive industry and yes it is as dull as it sounds!

kirkr99