Visa grant notification?

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Vidal1974 will become famous soon enough
Default Visa grant notification?

Hi everyone,

My OH and I are sat here at my computer waiting, waiting, waiting!
Do they always notify you by E mail or is it possible I will get a letter through the post? I have applied for a 309 married spouse visa.
I called Oz house yesterday and the lady said that I should be hearing something 2 weeks after payment was taken (that would have been today ) does this sound correct?
I had no idea that this waiting could be so bad.:curse:
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

hughes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa grant notification?

Originally Posted by Vidal1974
Hi everyone,

Do they always notify you by E mail or is it possible I will get a letter through the post? I have applied for a 309 married spouse visa.
I called Oz house yesterday and the lady said that I should be hearing something 2 weeks after payment was taken (that would have been today ) does this sound correct?
Hi

I had an email exactly two weeks after payment was taking, asking me to arrange my meds. It was funny enough that I had my meds done the day they emailed me (19th Sept). I had an email yesterday granting my Permanent Spouse Visa. I think in most cases, if you supplied an email address they will contact you that way.
I know what you mean about the waiting though, i checked my emails every hour!
Good luck and let me kno how you got on

Welshie x
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:50 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

It depends on whether you opted for email or regular post notification. If you opted to be contacted via email then this is how they will get in touch. Don't forget to check your spam filter.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hughes
Hi

I had an email exactly two weeks after payment was taking, asking me to arrange my meds. It was funny enough that I had my meds done the day they emailed me (19th Sept). I had an email yesterday granting my Permanent Spouse Visa. I think in most cases, if you supplied an email address they will contact you that way.
I know what you mean about the waiting though, i checked my emails every hour!
Good luck and let me kno how you got on

Welshie x
Thanks, and congrats on your visa
Well exactly 2 weeks came and went yesterday And I frontloaded everything too! The lady I spoke to earlier in the week confirmed that payment had been taken on the 18th Sept and I would hear from someone 10 working days after payment had been taken.
Usually I am pretty patient, just going about my business as usual, but my hubby wants me to pack up all my belongings (only my personal things, we aren't taking furniture etc) and I just don't want to do that until I have the big 'yes'!!
Also, as hubby wants to get going asap we'd need to get flights booked, but obviously until I get the ok we can't do that.
This is unbarable isn't it?????
I check my e mail every 20 mins!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It depends on whether you opted for email or regular post notification. If you opted to be contacted via email then this is how they will get in touch. Don't forget to check your spam filter.
Thanks Dorothy,
I'm sure I opted for email. I def supplied an email address. I never really know if it's ok to phone them or whether they see this as 'hassling' them?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:22 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Oh the joy of going on a spouse visa and only having to wait in the region of 2 weeks. Spare a thought for the poor paperbased 175/176 applicants some of whom have been waiting over 12 months with not so much of a sniff of a CO.

Mind you if your anything like me, when your in love, waiting 2 weeks feels like 2 years anyhoo. Hope yours comes through soon Vidal.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh it's here!!! The one occasion I left the computer for more than 20 mins!!
I now have to send in my passport and form 886.

Does anyone know how long it will be before I get the passport back? Hubby wants to book flights asap!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

medon is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh it's here!!! The one occasion I left the computer for more than 20 mins!!
I now have to send in my passport and form 886.

Does anyone know how long it will be before I get the passport back? Hubby wants to book flights asap!

Hi Vidal,
I sent my passport on Monday (with next day delivery) and got it back yesterday (Thursday) so you shouldn't be waiting long!

Congratulations by the way!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by medon
Hi Vidal,
I sent my passport on Monday (with next day delivery) and got it back yesterday (Thursday) so you shouldn't be waiting long!

Congratulations by the way!
Thanks Medon, you too.....

I'm walking around with an awful excited, nervous giggle!
The next couple of weeks are going to be a whirlwind I think!!

I'm not looking forward to our goodbyes Our little girl is only 11 weeks and saying goodbye to my parents is going to be so painful.

But on the bright side, they get great holidays!!!!