Visa Extension Help

Old Nov 5th 2016, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

actionjackson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Extension Help

Hi,

Please can someone help me? Has anyone ever heard of their Visa being extended due to a major personal issue? I was living in Australia for 9 months on a skilled migration visa with my wife, we returned to the UK last year but our marriage broken down earlier this year. Divorce proceedings are ongoing and I wish to return to Australia permanently to join the rest of my family but my visa expires on the 26th November this year. Does anyone have any advice or can help me in anyway?

Kind regards

Action Jackson
Old Nov 5th 2016, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Extension Help

When you say the rest of your family, what family members do you have that live in Australia?
Old Nov 6th 2016, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Are you intending to come back to Australia before the 26th?
Old Nov 6th 2016, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Fly out next week and you should be fine. You might be lucky with a RRV which might give you a few more months to make the move but otherwise just be sure sure to arrive before 26/11 and work from there.
Old Nov 6th 2016, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by actionjackson
Hi,

Please can someone help me? Has anyone ever heard of their Visa being extended due to a major personal issue? I was living in Australia for 9 months on a skilled migration visa with my wife, we returned to the UK last year but our marriage broken down earlier this year. Divorce proceedings are ongoing and I wish to return to Australia permanently to join the rest of my family but my visa expires on the 26th November this year. Does anyone have any advice or can help me in anyway?

Kind regards

Action Jackson
If you intend to travel after November 26 you would need to apply for a residents return visa. Just to be clear on terminology, it isn't an extension ( there is no such concept) is a new visa application.

You would be required to show substantial personal ties to Australia, close family members in the country would go in your favour, which relatives are they?
Old Nov 6th 2016, 9:49 am
Just Joined

actionjackson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I have my sister and brother in law in Oz who are both permanent relatives and also my parents who are on a permanent aged parent visa.

Kind regards

Action Jackson
Old Nov 6th 2016, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by actionjackson
Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I have my sister and brother in law in Oz who are both permanent relatives and also my parents who are on a permanent aged parent visa.

Kind regards

Action Jackson
Shouldn't think you will have any trouble at all getting the Residents Return visa in that case.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Veronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond repute

Action Jackson if you can get into Australia by the 26th (you have to be in before the 26th) then that is your simplest way to retain your permanent residency.

If you do not enter Australia before your current visa expires then you are no longer a permanent resident. This means that you will have to see if you can get the RRV (as per Bermidashorts). This visa grant is not guaranteed, though given that you did spend 9 months in Australia, and you have some ties, it is likely that it will be granted. But as I said, it is not guaranteed.