Wikiposts

Visa evidencing/ new passports etc

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:46 pm
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of
Default Visa evidencing/ new passports etc

Visas were granted last month, and I'm just getting round to getting them evidenced. We've got to validate by May 08, so we'll be making a validation trip around Feb 08. Permanent move will probably be about Sep 08.

Our daughters' passports expire Aug 08. When we get their new UK passports sorted, who will we need to inform/what will we need to do at the Australian end of things?

Thanks!
Karl
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:54 pm
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of
Default Re: Visa evidencing/ new passports etc

Hah! Nobody reply!

Just seen the answer in another of today's threads!!
Old Jul 15th 2007, 10:32 pm
Pasta Fari

Still scratching my head a bit....

Visa grant email says:

"The visa holder can have evidence of the visa placed into their passport..." That "can have" makes it sound optional?!

It also says:

"an emailed copy of this letter is sufficient for visa evidencing purposes". Makes it sound as if I only have to email off my visa grant letter.

But then:

"Visa holders should allow at least five working days after presenting their passport...for the evidencing process to be completed".

So, what's the minimum I really need to do as far as evidencing is concerned? (especially as ringing the contact for Australia House is a quid a minute, and I'd avoid posting off my passport if I could!)

Cheers
Karl
Old Jul 16th 2007, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

sailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant future

It may sound to you as optional but you need to have the visa stamped on your passport if you want to avoid problems when you arrive in Oz (the airline may not even allow you to board the plane without the visa sticker on your passport).

Go to the Australian mission (High Commission, Embassy or Consulate) and present your passport so that you can have your visa sticker on it. You need to show the mission a printout of the email saying your visa was granted. There are fees payable for the visa evidencing. This of course is the general procedure. Go to Google and look for the the website of the closest mission and then see if they have specific information on visa evidencing, processing times, if they have passport collection services, if you need to renew your daughter's passport first, etc. Or you may have to call or email them for information.

My opinion is that, you can have your daughter's passport stamped with the visa and renew it before it expires before you move to Oz. Just bring the expired passport with the visa on it.

Last edited by sailechz; Jul 16th 2007 at 3:27 am.