Visa evidencing in Auckland

Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

soum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa evidencing in Auckland

Hi,
I have got my pre-grant letter and need to leave the country for a final decision and visa evidencing. Anybody has any experience with visa evidencing in NZ - Auckland ? How long does it generally take ? Would 4 business days be enough time to get it stamped ?
I was thinking of going on a Friday and collecting it maybe next Tuesday or Wednesday. Will that be possible ?

Cheers
Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Visa evidencing in Auckland

Originally Posted by soum
Hi,
I have got my pre-grant letter and need to leave the country for a final decision and visa evidencing. Anybody has any experience with visa evidencing in NZ - Auckland ? How long does it generally take ? Would 4 business days be enough time to get it stamped ?
I was thinking of going on a Friday and collecting it maybe next Tuesday or Wednesday. Will that be possible ?

Cheers
I would leave 4 BUSINESS days. Leave Monday collect Friday. We were in an out of the Auckland office in 5 min.

SS
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

Originally Posted by shorrock
I would leave 4 BUSINESS days. Leave Monday collect Friday. We were in an out of the Auckland office in 5 min.

SS
How much notice do you get to leave the country? And is there a chance that they they could say no once you've left Australia?
Thanks
Mandy
Old Oct 29th 2004, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

soum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,
I was asking the questions here !!

You need to give the travel plans before a certain date but you can do it within a year actually before your entry date expires.

I have heard a pre-grant is as good as a grant letter.

Originally Posted by Mandyisere
How much notice do you get to leave the country? And is there a chance that they they could say no once you've left Australia?
Thanks
Mandy
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:04 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soum
You need to give the travel plans before a certain date but you can do it within a year actually before your entry date expires.
The later you validate the later you become a permanent resident, which has implications for citizenship eligibility, Centrelink payments, citizenship of Aus born children etc.

Change in circumstances before visa validation must be reported to DIMIA and can lead to the visa being withdrawn or cancelled.

If you are going to NZ make sure your passport lets you enter NZ visa free, or get an NZ tourist visa.

I have heard a pre-grant is as good as a grant letter.
It's not.

Jeremy