visa evidencing

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

devkop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa evidencing

i recd my grant letter and it said that send ur passport to ASPC for visa evidencing. I went to ask DIMIA office in Sydney if i have to send it there, they stamped my passport with the permanent visa. Would there be a problem later as it was not evidenced in Adelaide.

secondly whats the procedure if the passport in which the visa is evidenced gets lost while the person is in Australia?

Rgds
Dev
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 11:18 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa evidencing

Originally Posted by devkop
i recd my grant letter and it said that send ur passport to ASPC for visa evidencing. I went to ask DIMIA office in Sydney if i have to send it there, they stamped my passport with the permanent visa. Would there be a problem later as it was not evidenced in Adelaide.

secondly whats the procedure if the passport in which the visa is evidenced gets lost while the person is in Australia?

Rgds
Dev
Firstly, were you granted an onshore skilled visa? If not, you have to leave Australia, for obvious reasons.

If you lose your passport in Australia, you should contact the high commission or embassy of your home/native country in Australia for assistance. The fact that your passport is lost does not mean you have lost your right to permanent residence in Australia.

Peter
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

yes peter, i was granted an onshore skilled migrant visa and the visa was evidenced at the DIMIA Sydney office. i went there to ask if it was necessary to send my passport to Adelaide, but they stamped the visa in Sydney it self.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 11:37 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by devkop
yes peter, i was granted an onshore skilled migrant visa and the visa was evidenced at the DIMIA Sydney office. i went there to ask if it was necessary to send my passport to Adelaide, but they stamped the visa in Sydney it self.
In that case, there shouldn't be a problem simply because you got it stuck onto your passport at Sydney instead of ASPC. It's the same label

You may choose to get a Certificate of Evidence of Resident Status (CERS) from DIMIA if you feel that you cannot guarantee the safety of your passport for whatever reason. Note that you will not be able to travel overseas without a passport, although as a permanent resident, you shouldn't require a valid passport to reside in Australia.

Peter
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Pete. I really admire u, George and Jeremy to have helped so many people on this forum,

i really wish u good luck and prosperity in the new year and years to come

Thanks

Dev