Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Visa for Domestic Helper on holiday to Australia

Visa for Domestic Helper on holiday to Australia

Old Nov 26th 2014, 4:40 am
Just Joined

Zaryn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa for Domestic Helper on holiday to Australia

My parents are coming over to Perth for about 1½ to 2 months visit early next year and we intend to apply for a tourist visa for them via ETA. They will be spending time with the grandchildren (my kids) when they are here.

However, throughout their stay here, they intend to bring along their Indonesian domestic helper for this trip as well not for work purpose but rather kind of a holiday trip for her. She is close to all our family members. As an Indonesian working on an Employment Pass in Singapore, I am sure the domestic helper/maid requires a visa to enter Australia. If yes, does anyone know what visa and how do we go about applying it for her?

Thanks
Old Nov 26th 2014, 5:36 am
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa for Domestic Helper on holiday to Australia

Originally Posted by Zaryn View Post
My parents are coming over to Perth for about 1½ to 2 months visit early next year and we intend to apply for a tourist visa for them via ETA. They will be spending time with the grandchildren (my kids) when they are here.

However, throughout their stay here, they intend to bring along their Indonesian domestic helper for this trip as well not for work purpose but rather kind of a holiday trip for her. She is close to all our family members. As an Indonesian working on an Employment Pass in Singapore, I am sure the domestic helper/maid requires a visa to enter Australia. If yes, does anyone know what visa and how do we go about applying it for her?

Thanks
Everyone who is not Australian requires some kind of visa. If she is coming with them for a holiday she will need a tourist visa/ETA of some sort, and she'll need to check Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection to see which tourist visa is appropriate for an Indonesian passport holder.
She would need to be very clear about the fact that she is visiting you as friends, if she is viewed as accompanying her employers DIBP will almost certainly believe she is here to work.