Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Visa class for an adult child without special qualifications?

Visa class for an adult child without special qualifications?

Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

andeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really nice
Default Visa class for an adult child without special qualifications?

Hi you knowing people out there,

I applied for a 137 (STNI) visa. Four of my kids are under 18 and it is no problem taking them with me. Two over 18 have no difficulties getting their own 136 visa as they have professions Australia is looking for. But one son, 21, has an education (fruit juice technician) which isn’t worth anything in AUS. How can I get him with me? I thought about last remaining relative… Can he apply under this visa category even if I have still mother and sisters here (which won’t migrate)? Is there a class for him at all?

Thanks for your advice.

Barbara
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:20 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa class for an adult child without special qualifications?

Originally Posted by andeos

I applied for a 137 (STNI) visa. Four of my kids are under 18 and it is no problem taking them with me. Two over 18 have no difficulties getting their own 136 visa as they have professions Australia is looking for. But one son, 21, has an education (fruit juice technician) which isn’t worth anything in AUS. How can I get him with me? I thought about last remaining relative… Can he apply under this visa category even if I have still mother and sisters here (which won’t migrate)? Is there a class for him at all?

Thanks for your advice.

Barbara
Can he apply for a student visa? Yuo need to read up on this as there are restrictions and requirements, but it could be worth looking into.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

andeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really nice

Originally Posted by Brisben
Can he apply for a student visa? Yuo need to read up on this as there are restrictions and requirements, but it could be worth looking into.
No, his school certification doesn't allow studying. Beside that he doesn't want to go to school anymore. And it is quite expensive as far as I know.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 10:55 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

No, his school certification doesn't allow studying. Beside that he doesn't want to go to school anymore. And it is quite expensive as far as I know.

You asked for options, I gave you one...I meant a trade certificate like Hairdressing or something....Anyway You need to discuss you options with a MARA registered migration agent to fully understand all your options.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, Brisben for your advice. The problem is that my son wants to work and that his profession doesn't count in AUS.

Perhaps has anyone else experience in a case like this?
Old Nov 30th 2006, 3:44 pm
Smile!

slmch is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your advice.

Barbara
How about the Child Visa (Offshore) (Subclass 101)
This visa is a permanent visa that allows a child to travel to and remain in Australia, with their parent who is also their sponsor. The parent must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

The parent acts as a sponsor for the child and can lodge the visa application on behalf of the child.
This visa is for a child under 25 years of age who wants to migrate to Australia.

Just try looking on the dept. of immigration website -http://www.immi.gov.au/index.htm

I'm no expert of anything so sorry if the above visa option is of no use but from what you've said it sounds like it may be an option for you.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 5:27 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your advice.

Barbara
Hi Barbara,

Seems pretty obvious that he would be a remaining relative if you and the four under 18s are there, and the two tradies have also got their own 136 visas and are here. He could go over on a working holiday visa and then use the option of extending it to two years, by which time you'd be "settled" and able to sponsor without difficulty. Your mother and sisters are irrelevant to his being a remaining relative.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au