visa changes july - now totally confused

Old Apr 21st 2012, 10:43 am

Lily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really nice
Default visa changes july - now totally confused

hi
OH been offered job in oz. we are currently in nz and have workd for company for nearly 4years- going to same company in oz.
now i have been reading and reading and am totally confused as to what to do with visas.
we want to come over and get oz residency and the company i think would sponsor us. we have 65points now but will not come jan.
so- what i can gather is come july you will need to get skills assessed? and that will take a min of 3 months (engineering) and you could be sitting in pool just on 65 with lots of others on higher points getting selected before us??
come jan we wont have 65 points so need to get residemcy the quickest way possible.
but if we went pre july you wouldnt need to get skills assessed but the company would have to get subclass 121?? and this can take 6months?? and then apply and residecny upwards of 8months?? which takes us past jan and not having 65 points.....

any directions would be greatly appreciated.

We have all documents certified from our nz residency but OH didnt need accreditation from memory.

poof.....confused confused.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 11:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa changes july - now totally confused

Originally Posted by lily77cat
hi
OH been offered job in oz. we are currently in nz and have workd for company for nearly 4years- going to same company in oz.
now i have been reading and reading and am totally confused as to what to do with visas.
we want to come over and get oz residency and the company i think would sponsor us. we have 65points now but will not come jan.
so- what i can gather is come july you will need to get skills assessed? and that will take a min of 3 months (engineering) and you could be sitting in pool just on 65 with lots of others on higher points getting selected before us??
come jan we wont have 65 points so need to get residemcy the quickest way possible.
but if we went pre july you wouldnt need to get skills assessed but the company would have to get subclass 121?? and this can take 6months?? and then apply and residecny upwards of 8months?? which takes us past jan and not having 65 points.....

We have all documents certified from our nz residency but OH didnt need accreditation from memory.

poof.....confused confused.
Yes, you certainly are confused. If you are applying for permanent residency on your husband's skill then yes, you need 65 points. And a positive skills assessment and after 1 July you will need to do an EOI, not unlike the NZ system.

However, if your husband's company is willing to sponsor you for PR then you don't need any points at all.

Start at www.immi.gov.au and look at your options.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You are indeed utterly confused, I can barely make any sense of your post, it has to be one of the most confused and confusing posts I have ever read in fact.

I suspect we may have been talking to another half on this topic for a while now and if so, I honestly think if you are still this confused that you need to take some professional help. But I am happy to give it a shot.

You are talking about employer sponsored but also talking about points; employer sponsored visas don't require points. You are also talking about "residency" a lot, forget "residency" you don't apply for "residency" in Australia, you apply for visas and some are temporary and some are permanent, meaning the holder is a temporary resident or a permanent resident depending on the particular visa.

Which visa are you thinking of coming over on? Maybe that is the first point of clarification..

In the meantime see some comments in red.

hi
we want to come over and get oz residency and the company i think would sponsor us. great so find out which visa, ENS (permanent) or 457 (temporary)
we have 65points now but will not come jan. it doesn't matter if you are applying for employer sponsored, there is no points test.
so- what i can gather is come july you will need to get skills assessed? skills assessment is necessary for general skilled migration visas and also for ENS visa if the applicant has not spent 2 years on a qualifying visa, there is no change in July, it has always been the case. and that will take a min of 3 months (engineering) and you could be sitting in pool just on 65 with lots of others on higher points getting selected before us?? again points and employer sponsored visas do not go together, your comment makes no sense, even for skilled migration visas (which do need points) higher points do not mean faster processing.
come jan we wont have 65 points so need to get residemcy the quickest way possible. you have said your employer will sponsor you, if they will sponsor you for permanent visa then this is irrelevant. if they will not sponsor you for the permanent employer sponsored visa, then apply for skilled migration, loads of time before January
but if we went pre july you wouldnt need to get skills assessed but the company would have to get subclass 121?? and this can take 6months?? rubbish, you absolutely would have to get skills assessment if you want to go straight for an ENS visa as you have not spent two years on a qualifying visa which provides the exemption and then apply and residecny upwards of 8months?? you have just said you will apply for an ENS visa, this is a permanent visa, you don't need to apply for something called "residency", in fact for Australia, you only apply for visas, you don't apply for a status called "residency" which takes us past jan and not having 65 points..... aaarggggghhhh but you already have a visa so you don't need points!!

We have all documents certified from our nz residency but OH didnt need accreditation from memory. irrelevant

poof.....confused confused. agreed

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Apr 21st 2012 at 11:09 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 2:53 am

Lily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really nice

sorry for the most confused post ever!! hey with all the posts you read and comment on do i get a prize then

and nope- not us who you have been speaking to- hubby not on here just me

oh wow wow wow wow !!!

now i have been dipping in and out of this forum and the immi website for about 2 years when it first came up that we might move to oz.

and especially in the last week now that it is looking more and more likely!!

at no point in any of this did i read or know that we dont need points for employer sponsored!!! good god, i have lost sleep over the points and losing them in jan etc.....

wow!! thank you so much.

and yes i talk about residency because here in nz it is all about residency or work visa's. so thats where that comes from- sorry for confusion.

so if the company sponsored my hubby on ens we would need skills assessment because we have been in nz not oz for the last 2 years, but we dont need points?? therefore any age, etc??

and if they wont then we come out on a temporay 457 work visa but apply ourseleves asap under skilled independt and we do need points and assessment. but plently of time to get it all done before jan??

oh wow you have made our day
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You have it.

so if the company sponsored my hubby on ens we would need skills assessment because we have been in nz not oz for the last 2 years, but we dont need points?? therefore any age, etc?? Correct

and if they wont then we come out on a temporay 457 work visa but apply ourseleves asap under skilled independt and we do need points and assessment. but plently of time to get it all done before jan?? Also correct.

oh wow you have made our day
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 3:03 am

oo oo oo

how bloody cool is this then eh????

yippppeeeeeeee