Wikiposts

Visa changes 1st July

Old Jun 17th 2004, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Visa changes 1st July

Originally posted by badri
Yup I saw it , It breaking my heart and getting me very sad.

Its not fair just because we applied on the month of april to avoid points rush we are not handled quickly.

I wouldn't worry about, i'm sure they will have procedures in place to continue processing applications sent in b4 July 1st, just think of all the people who have lost out due to the points increase, at least you still got to apply in time, and will eventually get your visa.
cheers
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:03 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I think you might find your application will be looked at fairly quickly, simply because the number of applications will have declined since the 14th of April as a result of the increase in the Skilled Independent visa points pass mark ...

Good luck, and keep the faith!

Yup I saw it , It breaking my heart and getting me very sad.

Its not fair just because we applied on the month of april to avoid points rush we are not handled quickly.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

reni10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Alan Collett
I think you might find your application will be looked at fairly quickly, simply because the number of applications will have declined since the 14th of April as a result of the increase in the Skilled Independent visa points pass mark ...

This better be the case!

Have DIMIA indicated that they will make sure that the backlog is processed fully first before implementing these changes?

If they do not clear the backlog then that is a clear cut case of discrimination!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:19 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, please calm down! The Department of Immigration will process applications as they see fit and ranting will achieve nothing.

Best regards.

Originally posted by reni10
This better be the case!

Have DIMIA indicated that they will make sure that the backlog is processed fully first before implementing these changes?

If they do not clear the backlog then that is a clear cut case of discrimination!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

reni10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, please calm down! The Department of Immigration will process applications as they see fit and ranting will achieve nothing.

Best regards.
Easy for you to say when YOUR life is not hanging in the balance!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 12:28 pm
Migration Agent

Your life isn't "hanging in the balance" ... you are being melodramatic. Assuming there are no issues with your application you will be granted a visa - it should be an issue of when, not if.

Best regards.

Originally posted by reni10
Easy for you to say when YOUR life is not hanging in the balance!
Old Jun 17th 2004, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

flowerkris is an unknown quantity at this point

Generally between 3 and 6 months, depending on how long it takes for the lodgement of medicals and police reports, and then how long the assurer takes to lodge the Bond(s).

Best regards.
Thanks Mr. Alan.
I wish no problem (priority/speed processing) for 139 applications lodged prior to 1st July ?

Regards,
Old Jun 17th 2004, 2:31 pm
Migration Agent

Indeed only today I have received a request for medicals for a 136 application that was lodged on the 6th of February this year.

Best regards.

Your life isn't "hanging in the balance" ... you are being melodramatic. Assuming there are no issues with your application you will be granted a visa - it should be an issue of when, not if.

Best regards.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 6:12 pm
DarrenD

Best regards.
Probably the most astute and insightful posting ive ever seen on the forum ! ;-)

Old Jun 17th 2004, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DarrenD
Probably the most astute and insightful posting ive ever seen on the forum ! ;-)
Couldn't agree more. Now, in my best scouse accent ever "CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN!"
Old Jun 17th 2004, 7:25 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed only today I have received a request for medicals for a 136 application that was lodged on the 6th of February this year.

Best regards.
Hi.

We applied (BN-136) on 13/4/04 and my wife was going to wait until early September to apply for Australian police clearance (assuming approx 4 weeks(ish) turnaround) and early October for UK police checks (assuming 2 week turnaround) and book meds for about mid-October. This is all based on current average wait for request for PC and medicals being about 6 months (well, from looking at Austimeline anyway )

Now I'm unsure how to time these things. If we apply/book too early we might leave little or no time to validate. Also, given that my wife will probably be a category B at Medical, this may require a heallth undertaking which will further restrict our time to validate.

Any ideas or thoughts would be gratefully received.

Cheers.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 8:51 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Alan

thanks for the info.

You are right we should give DIMIA a chance to get things in place and not jump to conclusions.
reni10... cool down mate, I don't know your situation but I don't see lives hanging in balance it's just a matter of time if the application is in place I think it should be ok.

Let me ask you a question
What would have you done if we didn't receive the new rule information from DIMIA or Alan or George..?

I would have gone through with the assumption of 50 weeks anything which makes it faster I am pleased... that's it

Cheers
Old Jun 17th 2004, 8:53 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Best regards.

Alan so things are moving and I think we should not rush into conclusions.

So Now its getting down to 5 months to request meds
Thats positive...
Cheers
Old Jun 17th 2004, 9:06 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

So Now its getting down to 5 months to request meds
Cheers
But are they?
Old Jun 17th 2004, 9:24 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

Originally posted by DunRoaminTheUK
But are they?

See the reply from Alan febraury people are getting the meds...

So it's around 5 months

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.