Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Visa & Aus travel Information related to COVID-19 situation

Visa & Aus travel Information related to COVID-19 situation

Old Jul 4th 2020, 6:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa & Aus travel Information related to COVID-19 situation

https://www.smh.com.au/national/fede...04-p55901.html

Federal government to limit overseas arrivals at Sydney Airport

The federal government will cap overseas arrivals into Sydney Airport at 450 people per day as NSW faces pressure on its capacity to quarantine returned travellers amid the Victorian coronavirus outbreak.

International travellers planning to return to Australia have been warned their trips may be delayed and told to check their itineraries with their airlines. The changes affect incoming flights from midnight on Saturday.

The new limits, which were requested by the NSW government, also restrict each incoming flight to a maximum of 50 passengers. They will last until July 17 and could be extended as the diversion of travellers from Melbourne Airport risks straining NSW resources.
Old Jul 5th 2020, 12:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You're right, I don't have the answers, and judging by the work chatter following the announcements this week, neither do the police. The one constant thing that everyone was sure of, was that Madam Premier should really have talked to a few people about the practicalities of her plans.
There are even issues possible with the existing quarantine hotels - they were happy to take in quarantined travellers, with all the associated health issues and rules, now they can take the paying public with relaxed rules........its a no-brainer really, the government may start to find it hard to locate anywhere to place travellers requiring quarantine.

Sadly we are also getting reports of cross-border travellers taking out their frustrations by verbally abusing the SES. These guys are volunteers, assisting QPS is part of their remit and many of them are volunteering for long shifts on the border. They don't need abuse in return.
The other issue is how many NSWers are going to admit they've been in Victoria in the past fortnight? They want to travel interstate, no one's going to stop them, so what's a little lie between strangers???

As for abusing the guys at the border, Jesus why???they have a thankless, bone numbingly boring job to do, I smile at them, occasionally there's time for a joke and then there's relief that I now have a clear road ahead of me!
Old Jul 8th 2020, 10:34 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone planning an arrival would be advised to do it fast methinks. Before long it'll be as hard to get a flight in as it is to get a flight out.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...virus/12433896

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has flagged the number of people coming into Australia could be further reduced to ease the burden on states and territories administering hotel quarantine.Mr Morrison did not outline how the number of international arrivals would be reduced under his proposal, but said it was more about "containing numbers" than a pause on arrivals.

"The issue is what the overall level of returning Australians is, and that's why I'll be bringing a proposal on Friday to reduce that load," he said.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 12:30 pm
Home and Happy

Attached pdf from Home Affairs answers some questions regarding the future path of migration to Australia and the impact COVID-19 has had on the delivery of the Migration Program.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
migrationprogram2021-2.pdf (909.2 KB, 56 views)
Old Jul 10th 2020, 12:53 pm
Home and Happy

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...ntine/12441932

The number of Australian citizens and residents allowed into the country will be slashed to ease pressure on state and territory coronavirus quarantine systems and free up resources to contain the COVID-19 outbreak in Melbourne.National Cabinet has agreed to cut the number of people coming home to Australia from approximately 7,000 to just over 4,000 each week, which amounts to a reduction of about a third, according to Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

States and territories have complained of the burden of hosting returning Australian residents and citizens in hotel quarantine, with Mr Morrison flagging earlier this week that a limit would be introduced.

Every state and territory will also begin requiring people to cover the cost of their own mandatory quarantine.
Old Jul 14th 2020, 9:25 pm
Home and Happy

https://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/covid19faq.html#states

Useful page outlining the different quarantine costs and rules for each State/Territory.
Old Jul 15th 2020, 12:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

https://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/covid19faq.html#states

Useful page outlining the different quarantine costs and rules for each State/Territory.
Cheers for that. This bit isn't very helpful for people in this position. Presumably they've extended the date since May.

Old Jul 15th 2020, 2:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Little things and all that but this made me chuckle slightly. Applying for this week's Permit to come home from work and I noticed that I can choose my date of birth from the year 0 to not sure as I gave up scrolling after this. Why on earth did they need to go back past 1900 and go beyond 2020? Let's not go into why I need to apply for a Permit weekly, why locals can't have their own letter and be done with it. I don't mind needing a Permit but having to do it weekly just because I work 10 minutes south of the border is fairly dumb.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 11:17 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Little things and all that but this made me chuckle slightly. Applying for this week's Permit to come home from work and I noticed that I can choose my date of birth from the year 0 to not sure as I gave up scrolling after this. Why on earth did they need to go back past 1900 and go beyond 2020? Let's not go into why I need to apply for a Permit weekly, why locals can't have their own letter and be done with it. I don't mind needing a Permit but having to do it weekly just because I work 10 minutes south of the border is fairly dumb.
Ahhh Queensland,The Smart State .....

Old Jul 22nd 2020, 11:18 am
Home and Happy

Links for those seekng an exemption to enter or leave Australia

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/l...ustralia#toc-1

https://travel-exemptions.homeaffairs.gov.au/tep
Old Jul 31st 2020, 9:28 am
Home and Happy

Current advice re Queensland border restrictions -

Victoria

From 12.00 pm on Friday 31 July 2020 all 79 Local Government Areas (LGAs) within the State of Victoria are considered a COVID-19 hotspot

New South Wales

From 1.00 am on Saturday 1 August 2020 34 Local Government Areas (LGAs) within the State of New South Wales are considered COVID-19 hotspots. This includes Greater Sydney.

These are liable to change at short, or even no, notice.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jul 31st 2020 at 11:36 am. Reason: Corrected date.
Old Jul 31st 2020, 11:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Current advice re Queensland border restrictions -

Victoria

From 12.00 pm on Friday 31 July 2020 all 79 Local Government Areas (LGAs) within the State of Victoria are considered a COVID-19 hotspot

New South Wales

From 1.00 am on Saturday 1 August 2020 34 Local Government Areas (LGAs) within the State of New South Wales are considered COVID-19 hotspots. This includes Greater Sydney.

These are liable to change at short, or even no, notice.
Good job I have a whole ream of paper for the printer! Thanks for the update.
Old Aug 1st 2020, 1:39 am
Home and Happy

QUEENSLAND COVID-19 TESTING

Visa Status is not a barrier to
coronavirus (COVID-19) testing

To support Queensland’s response to COVID-19, people who do not have adequate insurance coverage and are not eligible for Medicare will not be charged out of pocket expenses if they present to any Queensland Health facility for assessment in relation to COVID-19 infection.

More information is available from Queensland Health below:

https://www.qld.gov.au/health/condit...-fever-clinics
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 5:27 am
Home and Happy

An evening curfew will be implemented across Melbourne from 8:00pm to 5:00am every day, starting tonight, forbidding anyone from leaving the home except for working, receiving or giving care.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-...-rise/12515914
Sweeping new restrictions, including a night-time curfew, will be imposed across Melbourne under stage four restrictions from tonight and regional Victoria will return to stage three restrictions from Thursday.
From 6:00pm tonight, a state of disaster will be declared across Victoria, which will act in addition to the state of emergency.
Mr Andrews said the state of disaster gave police greater power and allowed authorities to suspend acts of Parliament.Melbourne residents will only be allowed to shop and exercise within 5 kilometres of their homes.
While supermarkets will remain open, only one person from each household will be able to shop at a time.

Exercise outside of the home will only be allowed for one hour at a time and recreational activities like golf and fishing will be banned.

Restaurants and cafes may continue to offer takeaway and home delivery, and bottle shops will remain open.

Overnight train services will be restricted.

Couples are allowed to visit each other if they live outside a 5 kilometre radius.

Weddings are banned except on compassionate grounds.
All students across the state will return to home-based learning and childcare centres will be closed.

The new restrictions will last until at least September 13.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 6:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Poll, when you next speak to your expert colleagues can you ask what the **** I'm doing? Can I go to work on Saturday onwards or not? I've read the latest directives several times and it's still really unclear what Gold Coast/Tweed Shire people do who work across the border. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.