British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Visa & Aus travel Information related to COVID-19 situation (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/visa-aus-travel-information-related-covid-19-situation-931928/)

Pollyana Jul 31st 2020 9:28 am

Re: Visa & Aus travel Information related to COVID-19 situation

Current advice re Queensland border restrictions -

Victoria

From 12.00 pm on Friday 31 July 2020 all 79 Local Government Areas (LGAs) within the State of Victoria are considered a COVID-19 hotspot

New South Wales

From 1.00 am on Saturday 1 August 2020 34 Local Government Areas (LGAs) within the State of New South Wales are considered COVID-19 hotspots. This includes Greater Sydney.

These are liable to change at short, or even no, notice.

moneypenny20 Jul 31st 2020 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12890210)
Current advice re Queensland border restrictions -

Victoria

From 12.00 pm on Friday 31 July 2020 all 79 Local Government Areas (LGAs) within the State of Victoria are considered a COVID-19 hotspot

New South Wales

From 1.00 am on Saturday 1 August 2020 34 Local Government Areas (LGAs) within the State of New South Wales are considered COVID-19 hotspots. This includes Greater Sydney.

These are liable to change at short, or even no, notice.

Good job I have a whole ream of paper for the printer! Thanks for the update.

Pollyana Aug 1st 2020 1:39 am

QUEENSLAND COVID-19 TESTING

Visa Status is not a barrier to
coronavirus (COVID-19) testing

To support Queensland’s response to COVID-19, people who do not have adequate insurance coverage and are not eligible for Medicare will not be charged out of pocket expenses if they present to any Queensland Health facility for assessment in relation to COVID-19 infection.

More information is available from Queensland Health below:

https://www.qld.gov.au/health/condit...-fever-clinics

Pollyana Aug 2nd 2020 5:27 am

An evening curfew will be implemented across Melbourne from 8:00pm to 5:00am every day, starting tonight, forbidding anyone from leaving the home except for working, receiving or giving care.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-...-rise/12515914
Sweeping new restrictions, including a night-time curfew, will be imposed across Melbourne under stage four restrictions from tonight and regional Victoria will return to stage three restrictions from Thursday.
From 6:00pm tonight, a state of disaster will be declared across Victoria, which will act in addition to the state of emergency.
Mr Andrews said the state of disaster gave police greater power and allowed authorities to suspend acts of Parliament.Melbourne residents will only be allowed to shop and exercise within 5 kilometres of their homes.
While supermarkets will remain open, only one person from each household will be able to shop at a time.

Exercise outside of the home will only be allowed for one hour at a time and recreational activities like golf and fishing will be banned.

Restaurants and cafes may continue to offer takeaway and home delivery, and bottle shops will remain open.

Overnight train services will be restricted.

Couples are allowed to visit each other if they live outside a 5 kilometre radius.

Weddings are banned except on compassionate grounds.
All students across the state will return to home-based learning and childcare centres will be closed.

The new restrictions will last until at least September 13.

moneypenny20 Aug 5th 2020 6:32 am

Poll, when you next speak to your expert colleagues can you ask what the **** I'm doing? :D Can I go to work on Saturday onwards or not? I've read the latest directives several times and it's still really unclear what Gold Coast/Tweed Shire people do who work across the border. Any advice would be much appreciated. :D

Pollyana Aug 5th 2020 7:07 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12892541)
Poll, when you next speak to your expert colleagues can you ask what the **** I'm doing? :D Can I go to work on Saturday onwards or not? I've read the latest directives several times and it's still really unclear what Gold Coast/Tweed Shire people do who work across the border. Any advice would be much appreciated. :D

I'll see what I can dig up - not in the office for a couple of days now

Pollyana Aug 5th 2020 7:11 am

Queensland will close its border to all of New South Wales and the ACT from 1:00am on Saturday.
T
he hotspot declaration means anyone travelling from NSW or the nation's capital will soon be banned from entering the Sunshine State.Queenslanders who return after travelling there will be sent to mandatory hotel quarantine for 14 days at their own expense.

Health Minister Steven Miles said border protections would be stepped up, forcing visitors to show photo identification to verify their credentials.

He also urged Queenslanders to get home before the weekend lockdown.

"If you're a Queenslander in New South Wales, please come home," Mr Miles said.

"If you're a Queenslander who has any plans to travel to New South Wales, please change those plans now.

"Anyone else travelling to Queensland and allowed to continue to travel to Queensland will have to travel by air or via the Northern Territory border.

"They will not be able to travel into Queensland via the Queensland/New South Wales border."

Mr Miles said the border closures would be reviewed at the end of August.
rday.

Pollyana Aug 5th 2020 7:22 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12892541)

Best at present is this - no one knows any more at present, I will keepan eyeon emails etc and let you know if I spot anything more detailed. When they first closed the border none of us knew anything before the official announcement.Seems to be following a pattern of making the announcements and only then realising that more details need to be ironed out.
  • From 1:00am Saturday 8 August, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory will be declared COVID-19 hotspots. All visitors from NSW and the ACT will be denied entry to QLD except for rare exemptions. Only residents of border communities and essential workers, such as truck drivers, will be able to cross the border. Anyone returning to Queensland from interstate will not be able to drive into Queensland, they must fly and arrive through an airport.
  • More details will be provided in coming days on specific border community pass arrangements with limited exemptions and the need for proof of ID from 1:00am Saturday 8 August.

moneypenny20 Aug 5th 2020 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12892558)
Best at present is this - no one knows any more at present, I will keepan eyeon emails etc and let you know if I spot anything more detailed. When they first closed the border none of us knew anything before the official announcement.Seems to be following a pattern of making the announcements and only then realising that more details need to be ironed out.
  • From 1:00am Saturday 8 August, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory will be declared COVID-19 hotspots. All visitors from NSW and the ACT will be denied entry to QLD except for rare exemptions. Only residents of border communities and essential workers, such as truck drivers, will be able to cross the border. Anyone returning to Queensland from interstate will not be able to drive into Queensland, they must fly and arrive through an airport.
  • More details will be provided in coming days on specific border community pass arrangements with limited exemptions and the need for proof of ID from 1:00am Saturday 8 August.

OK so at the moment border communities will continue to be allowed to cross and whilst assuming is generally a mistake, presumably Gold Coast/Tweed Shire would be considered border communities. I'll stress about sorting the work roster out later! Ffs you'd think they'd have worked out how to avoid this misinformation lark by now. Thanks Poll.

Pollyana Aug 5th 2020 7:54 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12892562)
OK so at the moment border communities will continue to be allowed to cross and whilst assuming is generally a mistake, presumably Gold Coast/Tweed Shire would be considered border communities. I'll stress about sorting the work roster out later! Ffs you'd think they'd have worked out how to avoid this misinformation lark by now. Thanks Poll.

Its thhe same every time. We have a punch of police in the office coordinating hotels for quarantine - when they clsed the border and said some arrivals at the border would have to quarantine, nobody had told our guys that had to fnd new rooms.As for how does the passenger on a bus get to a hotel to quarantine, and similar questions....!

I have just found an email that says there is a discussion happening early tomorrow and plans should be clearer then.

Pollyana Aug 6th 2020 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12892562)

Queensland Border Directive 11, from 8 August.
https://www.health.qld.gov.au/system...estrictions-11

Don't have time to read all the details Moneypen as I am runnng to work, but there is a Border Pass link near the bottom. I'll try and read through it all later on. Fingers crossed for you :)

moneypenny20 Aug 6th 2020 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12893470)
Queensland Border Directive 11, from 8 August.
https://www.health.qld.gov.au/system...estrictions-11

Don't have time to read all the details Moneypen as I am runnng to work, but there is a Border Pass link near the bottom. I'll try and read through it all later on. Fingers crossed for you :)

Thanks Poll. Murwillumbah is as far as I ever need to go to so all good.:thumbup: :) .

Pollyana Aug 7th 2020 11:14 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12893518)
Thanks Poll. Murwillumbah is as far as I ever need to go to so all good.:thumbup: :) .

:thumbup:

moneypenny20 Aug 7th 2020 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12893671)
:thumbup:

Except they still haven't given us the ability to apply for the bloody thing yet! Apparently it was going to be done by this afternoon. 'You can apply in person at the border but you may face some delays.' So what's new??? :D Bloody shit show.

Pollyana Aug 8th 2020 7:38 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12893709)
Except they still haven't given us the ability to apply for the bloody thing yet! Apparently it was going to be done by this afternoon. 'You can apply in person at the border but you may face some delays.' So what's new??? :D Bloody shit show.

I (and many of my colleagues) are hearing you!
And whats the betting the rules change again in a week or so and the forms have to all be redone.......?

moneypenny20 Aug 8th 2020 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12894026)
I (and many of my colleagues) are hearing you!
And whats the betting the rules change again in a week or so and the forms have to all be redone.......?

It's a weekly process anyway so if they change it so be it. They changed the procedure this morning at 1am. This afternoon it was a slightly eerie trip home, I seemed to be the only person on the motorway until I got to the check point where there were two cars and a Coles truck. Must have been there a while because I hadn't seen them for the previous 10 minutes. Got shot of the Coles truck and waved the rest of us through, no checking who we are, just that we were flashing the right permit. Poor buggers must be so over it all, either abuse or boredom or the occasional polite smiley person thanking them. See I can be nice! :D

Pollyana Aug 8th 2020 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12894029)
It's a weekly process anyway so if they change it so be it. They changed the procedure this morning at 1am. This afternoon it was a slightly eerie trip home, I seemed to be the only person on the motorway until I got to the check point where there were two cars and a Coles truck. Must have been there a while because I hadn't seen them for the previous 10 minutes. Got shot of the Coles truck and waved the rest of us through, no checking who we are, just that we were flashing the right permit. Poor buggers must be so over it all, either abuse or boredom or the occasional polite smiley person thanking them. See I can be nice! :D

:D
The stories we hear at work suggest that anyone who is nice is greatly appreciated! Glad yu got through ok :thumbup: