Visa application for nurse

Old Feb 11th 2014, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Jane.flinn53 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Visa application for nurse

Hi I am new to this site so bear with me. I have been a registered general nurse for 20 yrs I was a health visitor for 10 and am now a screening and immunisation coordinator. We are considering emigrating but I am already confused which kind of visa do I apply for nurse practitioner or nurse child and family health or even community health nurse. I have hundreds of other questions like where to live, what's the education like for my 12 yr old girl but we have decided to look at a subject a week and start the visa application process first, any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks for looking
Old Feb 11th 2014, 9:32 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa application for nurse

Originally Posted by Jane.flinn53
Hi I am new to this site so bear with me. I have been a registered general nurse for 20 yrs I was a health visitor for 10 and am now a screening and immunisation coordinator. We are considering emigrating but I am already confused which kind of visa do I apply for nurse practitioner or nurse child and family health or even community health nurse. I have hundreds of other questions like where to live, what's the education like for my 12 yr old girl but we have decided to look at a subject a week and start the visa application process first, any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks for looking
Hi Jane and welcome to BE

I can't tell you the best approach for the nursing, but BE has a nursing section - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72 - that might be able to offer some advice, and there are one or two nurses around who might be able to help.

For the visa process, there is a general guide in the BE wiki that can explain the basics - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/A_Roug...lled_Migration

Hope that helps a little
Old Feb 12th 2014, 4:08 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

We are considering emigrating but I am already confused which kind of visa do I apply for nurse practitioner or nurse child and family health or even community health nurse.
AFAIC General rule of thumb is you use whichever heading is easiest/best/fastest, that you can make work.

So take the various headings and work out point needed, hoops to be jumped, 'invitation' likelihood/speed for each - then use the best one. There is nothing saying that you have to get a job doing that in the end.

Probably good to look at the state sponsorship lists and see which headings occur on those - since those are likely to be in demand.

And no, you don't get extra points for being able to tick multiple job competency boxes - it would be sensible, but they ain't that smart .
Old Feb 13th 2014, 8:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Moved you to the Immi Forum as this is where all the info is you'll need (as well as the Nursing Forum - link above). Good luck.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Ryan the wizard of the Oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for looking
This depends on your circumstances but with an occupation on the skills occupation list (SOL) and having a dependent child, ideally you will want permanent residency so either the 189 or 190 visa application would be best.

5 year visa
Permanent residency for you and your dependents on arrival
Eligible to apply for citizenship after 4 years
Subsidized healthcare through Medicare

Kind regards
Old Mar 19th 2014, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

shelz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I would think for your employment that the ANZSCO code would be along the lines of child and family nurse - mainly 0-5yrs, providing health screening/development screening and immunisations which in both your roles would contribute to this.

I was also looking at the same thing as i currently work as a school nurse, but have alot experience working with teenage parents and their pre-school children however due to the group education sessions, antenatal sessions and assessment of needs and delivery most of my work was with 5-19 yrs etc i am looking to be assessed under community health nurse code rather than child and family nurse. The job descriptions are available online if you google ANZSCO job descriptions which may also help.

Good luck
Old Mar 20th 2014, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Jane.flinn53 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks much appreciated