Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Visa application, countries lived in question

Visa application, countries lived in question

Old Nov 20th 2013, 5:05 am
Just Joined

spdev101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa application, countries lived in question

Hello,

When lodging the visa application they had asked the countries I have lived in the past. I live in Denmark for one year from 2001 - 2002. Should I include this or not. From what I know we have to only include details of countries we have lived for the past 10 years. Please advice.

Thank You.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 5:41 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa application, countries lived in question

Originally Posted by spdev101
Hello,

When lodging the visa application they had asked the countries I have lived in the past. I live in Denmark for one year from 2001 - 2002. Should I include this or not. From what I know we have to only include details of countries we have lived for the past 10 years. Please advice.

Thank You.
Does the question ask you to list the countries you lived in in the last 10 years?
Old Nov 20th 2013, 8:13 am
Just Joined

spdev101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Does the question ask you to list the countries you lived in in the last 10 years?
No they have not, but in the aussie skillselect site they said you need to provide for only the countries you have lived in for the past 10 years.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:31 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

No they have not, but in the aussie skillselect site they said you need to provide for only the countries you have lived in for the past 10 years.
Hi spdev, a link to where it says you only need to provide this info for the last 10 years would be good, as it would help others.

In the meantime, I'd be answering the questions fully - if they ask you name any previous countries you've lived in, I'd name them all. This info might be required for police/character checks?

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Nov 20th 2013 at 9:33 am.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:34 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I'm aware that you only need police checks from countries in the last 10 years - if you also only need to provide details of countries lived in during the last 10 years then that will be your answer.

Try not to worry too much, they are not trick questions
Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:39 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I'm aware that you only need police checks from countries in the last 10 years - if you also only need to provide details of countries lived in during the last 10 years then that will be your answer.

Try not to worry too much, they are not trick questions
So all is forgiven after 10 years? You learn something new every day
Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
So all is forgiven after 10 years? You learn something new every day
Not totally. They only ask routinely for police checks going back 10 years, but you must declare ALL convictions, spent or not, regardless of age. And if DIBP decide they want more details they can ask for extra police checks - maybe even from a country you left 20 years ago.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 8:42 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi spdev, a link to where it says you only need to provide this info for the last 10 years would be good, as it would help others.

In the meantime, I'd be answering the questions fully - if they ask you name any previous countries you've lived in, I'd name them all. This info might be required for police/character checks?
It's one of the questions in Form 80:

Have you travelled to any countries other than Australia, including any visits back to your country of citizenship during the past 10 years (including short stays)?