Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

visa application colour certified copies,help

Wikiposts

visa application colour certified copies,help

Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default visa application colour certified copies,help

Has anyone had this problem or used this agent etc but agent away for a few days,but will be into it when back,i am trying to get stuff to them in advance so they can get right into it,someone from the office is replying to my emails till agent comes back.
But i need to ask you guys going through it or or have been through it,when you are doing a 175 visa application as thats they one i think my agent will do,i have scanned 51 pages and emailed them to my agent and they other person as replied they need to be colour copies.
Is this right? Is this a requirement by the goverment to be in colour or just the agent i am using?
Now what bugs me a little is my tra agent told me to get two sets of copies done when doing my tra,one for tra and other for visa application and said to be done in black and white,i had them all certified and expense and trouble,but my visa agent is saying that it needs to be colour,why?
Do i have to go through all this again of getting copies done in colur and get certifed again etc,its so annoying.
I am not signed up to a contract yet,well dont think so only a few forms filled out and not paid the agent yet,but is this just something they require or what the visa application requires.
I am told to scan and email original ones,but my originals are not certified who would certifiy orignals,would be maybe certifiy them hiself when he gets them sent or have i to go through all this again.
I am rather annoyed i have all these copies and maybe no use,i got three sets done.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: visa application colour certified copies,help

Originally Posted by brian.w
Has anyone had this problem or used this agent etc but agent away for a few days,but will be into it when back,i am trying to get stuff to them in advance so they can get right into it,someone from the office is replying to my emails till agent comes back.
But i need to ask you guys going through it or or have been through it,when you are doing a 175 visa application as thats they one i think my agent will do,i have scanned 51 pages and emailed them to my agent and they other person as replied they need to be colour copies.
Is this right? Is this a requirement by the goverment to be in colour or just the agent i am using?
Now what bugs me a little is my tra agent told me to get two sets of copies done when doing my tra,one for tra and other for visa application and said to be done in black and white,i had them all certified and expense and trouble,but my visa agent is saying that it needs to be colour,why?
Do i have to go through all this again of getting copies done in colur and get certifed again etc,its so annoying.
I am not signed up to a contract yet,well dont think so only a few forms filled out and not paid the agent yet,but is this just something they require or what the visa application requires.
I am told to scan and email original ones,but my originals are not certified who would certifiy orignals,would be maybe certifiy them hiself when he gets them sent or have i to go through all this again.
I am rather annoyed i have all these copies and maybe no use,i got three sets done.
You need to send either colour copies or certified black and white copies.

If you have a scanner (you can buy them cheaply) then scan colour copies to your agent.

Trish
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Brian, you're agent can certify documents if they need to. I'd suggest you just scan in all your orignals
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by scrum
You need to send either colour copies or certified black and white copies.

If you have a scanner (you can buy them cheaply) then scan colour copies to your agent.

Trish
So am i right in reading on what you say black and white certified copies is ok,or colour copies not certified is ok,i have both black and white certified copies and also just original colour copies.
Why would my tra agent have said get all done in black and white two sets,but i got three incase and my visa agent who i am about to use and pay for says colour copies,told to send originals,but these will not be certified??
I do have a scanned already scanned 51 pages to the visa agent,and they want colour.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wendy
Brian, you're agent can certify documents if they need to. I'd suggest you just scan in all your orignals
then why did my tra agent tell me to get another set done in black and white for the visa application??would have saved me a lot of hassle and expense in not having done, as doing this the way the visa agent requires looks like i will not need them extra ones i had done.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

then why did my tra agent tell me to get another set done in black and white for the visa application??would have saved me a lot of hassle and expense in not having done, as doing this the way the visa agent requires looks like i will not need them extra ones i had done.

You may need copies of references and your TRA when you get here, so not a total waste of time. Keep hold of them and bring them all with you when you get your visa.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:46 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
The agent can't certify scanned copies. They have to sight the original in order to certify that it is a true copy.

DIAC does insist on colour copies if they are scanned, so it's not just your agent.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dorothy
They have to sight the original in order to certify that it is a true copy.
Duh! Of course they do (hangover )
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The agent can't certify scanned copies. They have to sight the original in order to certify that it is a true copy.

DIAC does insist on colour copies if they are scanned, so it's not just your agent.
Well this is starting to be a nightmare,i have scanned 51 pages of my black and white certified copies and now have scanned them pretty much again if they are colour which are not certified,and any black and white ones that was black and white scanned certified.
So are we saying here that they cant certify them?if i have scanned the originals to them? and see it was a true copy.

When you say diac insist on colour copies if they are scanned what if i was to post my set of papers that are all in black and white which i was told by my tra agent to do,would the visa agent then be ok with that,is it only scanned copies they have a problem with to be colour.

I am not sure where i go from here on this and want to get the right stuff to my agent,my tra agent said i get two sets of copies for tra and visa,i have three sets and all in black and white,what if i post them?
Is it still a requirment to have colour then why would my tra agent have told me to get sets of black and white??

I have scanned another 51+ pages again and was going to email them to my visa agent but maybe i am wasting my time again cause they are not certified.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

d020775 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

can you scan the original (colour) certificates/documents and attach them to your online application? if so, i take it you dont have to have them certified? or how do you send documents on an online application

cheers
dave