> I'm looking at moving to Aus in the next 2 years...does anyone have any
    > recommendations for visa agents? Or if they are really worth the
    > money?!?!
    > any help would be appreciated!
    > cheers
    > chris

Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:41 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa agent recommendation

Originally Posted by C H Maiden
Hi
I'm looking at moving to Aus in the next 2 years...does anyone have any
recommendations for visa agents? Or if they are really worth the
money?!?!
any help would be appreciated!
cheers
chris
We asked the same question 4 months ago Chris..

To be honest there are so many to choose from it all seems a minefield.

However after all the information we have been given by ours, I would recommend an agent definitely. Its not so much what they do its their expertise in how to do it and get it right first time that counts.

We have used Concept Australia in the UK, and found them very helpful.

I see a lot of George Lombard on here too, he seems very good and is active in these forums.

If you want to get it right first time, use an agent, you can be safe in the knowledge that a registered agent can not charge you or take you on unless they think you will pass !

Hope that helps.

Nick
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:52 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
money?!?!
cheers
chris

Hi Chris, I agree with Nick, the proof is in the pudding and good agents come from good experiences, something you will find on here is plenty of first hand expereince with certain agents.

I am using GO MATILDA.

I rate them, thats why I am using them, however to be unbiased you need to selct a MARA registered agent, this is the registering body for migration agents and this gives you a certain amount of protection. Choosing a MARA registered agent MUST be your first requirement.

There is a website to help you with this , have a look

http://www.themara.com.au/Online/default.asp
Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:16 am
HUN skelper

magic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant futuremagic.no7 has a brilliant future

Hi
money?!?!
cheers
chris
Hi Weve just started after 13 months of deliberation and forum watching, what i noticed is certain agents are mentioned on this site and when asked for directly help from any agents no help is offered.NOTHING comes for free and no matter who you choose they all want money up front.

Check out this site as there is a wealth of info and if easy enough try yourself, read up as in life advice is some good some not so, dont get carried away with the hooray crowd we all have different circumstances,some of the big power selling sites sub you out or fob you with a sales rep first.I wont mention mine as its early days but wish you the best of luck in yours.

Its a minefield do your homework and check their price structure also unless this is not a prob.

Good luck, martin and michelle
Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
money?!?!
cheers
chris
If your case is straightforward and all criteria met and prepared carefully, you could definitley go it alone if you have no complications to obviously fail on (unless you really are adverse to form filling and info gathering - but you will have to do the bulk of that anyway - agent or not) . Any potential complicating matters though, a good agent will be worth every penny.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
money?!?!
cheers
chris
I don't think there's an easy answer to the question of whether or not agents are worth the money...

My application was very straightforward and I consider myself to be quite capable. It still took me a long time to gather everything I needed and just when I thought I had everything, I realised I needed one more thing!!!
But it wasn't a "difficult" process as such - just time consuming.
Admittedly I don't yet have my visa... but I think I've done everything as I should have.

I certainly don't have any regrets about NOT using an agent as I thought the fees were too high for my simple, straightforward application.

Assuming there are no complicating issues then I would suggest that the decision might be based on which is more precious to you - your time or your money!

If there had been complications and intricacies to my application then I would have used an agent.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:40 pm
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

Four Corners Emigration!!!
ours was a complicated case, and an agent was definitely worth the money, using an agent for us equals, less stress, less organisation, simply signing in the right place and providing info and thats that, i wouldnt hesitate to recommend Four corners, who dealt with our case, if you want more details PM.

regards

vb2

Hi
money?!?!
cheers
chris
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:05 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
money?!?!
cheers
chris
We tried Go Matilda in the early days but they never returned our call!!
So we contacted George Lombard and we can honestly say he replied quickly and gave clear and valid information/advice. Only down side is that he is based in Aus so lots of getting up early to check emails :-). Our attempt at STNI was unnsuccessful but that wasn't George's fault. I think we could have done it ourselves, but it was nice to know there was someone "on our side" helping out.

Good luck
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

To balance the plugs, ASA were (and still are) fantastic.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Hi
money?!?!
cheers
chris
Hi,

I am at the beginning myself of 139. Alan from Go matilda has been a star and has helped me so much. I have read so many great things about them here as well. He has saved my life today so has my vote anyway.

Cheryl