Visa Advice & Sponsorship

Old May 14th 2019, 9:05 am
Just Joined

katea22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Visa Advice & Sponsorship

Hi everyone,

I am brand new to this page and found it when researching about visa's and sponsorship. I am hoping to get some advice on this from English people living in Australia or looking to move!

My partner and I are planning to move to Sydney in November. He is Civil Engineer, and I work in the Food Industry as a Scientist / Food Technologist. Our plan was to move with a working holiday visa - and hopefully get sponsored whilst we were out there. I had a couple of questions if anyone could help at all that would be great!

Does anyone have experience in this if you have done it before?
How easy is it to get sponsored onto a longer visa whilst in Australia?
How easy is it to get a job when you can only work for one employer for 6 months at a time on this visa?

Thanks in advance!
Old May 14th 2019, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

J___Mcewan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa Advice & Sponsorship

Doing exactly this 3 weeks tommorrow
Old May 14th 2019, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My advice would be to apply for an independent skilled visa if possible rather than an employer sponsored one.
Employer sponsorship is now more difficult for employers and often they will offer a temp visa first with the ‘promise’ of PR down the line. Often that promise never materialises for a variety of reasons and people find themselves then unable to apply for PR independently as their occupation has been removed or they cannot make the points etc.....
Also currently processing time for 186/187 direct entry visas is getting longer, years in fact.

By by all means try for sponsorship but if you want to be sure of PR have a back up plan in place.

There are are plenty of stories of people coming on WHVs then getting sponsored, but this is happening less and less as rules change all the time.
Old May 15th 2019, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

IT does happen, but becoming very rare as the usual sponsored visas have changed a lot and also costs have increased for employers to do it. A lot of employers now have policies against sponsoring.

It it also isn't a good visa to be on as not only is it a temporary visa, but the visa is tied to the employer. So if the sponsored were to lose their job for any reason, they also lose their visa.

You our would be better off looking at independent skilled visas such as 189 / 190.