Wikiposts

Visa 892 or 163 - Totally confused...

Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

gilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant future
Default Visa 892 or 163 - Totally confused...

Migration have come back to me and suggested a visa 892 might be more suitable as you can run two business on it... Have been realy about a 892 not sure now if I should apply for 892 or 163... Anyone else understand???

I am losing sleep over this and I am right at the beginning will probably need medication by the end of it

Can anyone explain in simple persons the difference???

Thank you... x
Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:52 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa 892 or 163 - Totally confused...

A subclass 892 permanent residency visa is usually applied for once you have been operating a business in Australia as the holder of a 163 or 164 provisional business skills visa.

Where are you now? Do you hold an Australian visa, and if so, which subclass number?

Best regards.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:35 am
Just Joined

gilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant future

No I hold nothing... Just at the applying stage.. this is what they said to me..

I would suggest you to have a look at the details of Immigration requirements for permanent visa sub-class 892. Immigration has a definition for a qualified main business and turnover. The direct web link is: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/busin...-checklist.pdf. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Any ideas Alan... Thank you..
Old Oct 17th 2007, 11:04 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gilly43
No I hold nothing... Just at the applying stage.. this is what they said to me..
Who's "they"?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 6:28 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

The 892 visa cannot be applied for if you do not already hold a suitable visa => look at the subclass 163 visa, and maybe also the 165 visa:
http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/busin...ration.cfm#163
http://www.gomatilda.com/visas/busin...ration.cfm#165

If you are in doubt as to your visa pathway maybe telephone my office in Southampton on 023 80 488777 - ask for my colleague John Sylvester.

Best regards.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Gosh you lot are going to be sick of me... another question... promise this is the last one (maybe) ... Both myself and hubby are self employed, his business is the one that meets the criteria for applying for the visa 163. Mine does not as the turnover is not high enough but mine is the one we want to set up in Australia... So mine would be the one we would do the business plan for... Does that matter??

Also hubby will set up a business when we are over there so that we meet the turnover after 2 years hopefully but do not know what until we are there and have tested the water... Because apparently I have read you can combine 2 businesses turnover to get pr.. Is that right??
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

platapus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.

Don't quote me on this I might be wrong.We are going on a 163,from what our agent told us,you go in on a business but you can change it as long as after the 4 years you can meet the criteria....certain profit,number of employees etc.As long as you can meet the criteria set out I think it can change.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:49 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh you lot are going to be sick of me... another question... promise this is the last one (maybe) ... Both myself and hubby are self employed, his business is the one that meets the criteria for applying for the visa 163. Mine does not as the turnover is not high enough but mine is the one we want to set up in Australia... So mine would be the one we would do the business plan for... Does that matter??

Also hubby will set up a business when we are over there so that we meet the turnover after 2 years hopefully but do not know what until we are there and have tested the water... Because apparently I have read you can combine 2 businesses turnover to get pr.. Is that right??
Business migration is really not a DIY area. Why don't you make the investment in some professional assistance from Alan or another agent who deals in this area?
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:59 am
Migration Agent

I recommend you telephone my colleague John Sylvester and/or another competent advisor who has dealt with business skills migration before.

Best regards.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

I will use an agent but would like to know at this stage if its possible for us otherwise there is no point in paying for an agent.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

platapus is an unknown quantity at this point

We saw the agents at ASA (Australia Migration) for a minimal fee & discussed our situation & they let us know first if we were likely to get a visa & then we paid when we started the application.They were helpful.I have also discussed my friends situation with my agent & they let me know their thoughts on her situation too.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:08 am
Migration Agent

I will use an agent but would like to know at this stage if its possible for us otherwise there is no point in paying for an agent.
Most agents will have an initial free chat on the telephone in an effort to establish your visa options.

This said, if an assessment of your prospects takes longer than 10 or 15 minutes (as it often does when business skills applications are involved when one has to consider business accounts for the last 4 years, plus the specifics of an intending migrant's investment history), why shouldn't an agent charge a fee to give you a full and proper assessment of your position?

If you don't commit to at least a paid for initial assessment you may not be giving yourself the best opportunity to move to Australia, particularly if yours is a marginal case.

Best regards.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:10 am
Migration Agent

Originally Posted by platapus
Hi.

Don't quote me on this I might be wrong.We are going on a 163,from what our agent told us,you go in on a business but you can change it as long as after the 4 years you can meet the criteria....certain profit,number of employees etc.As long as you can meet the criteria set out I think it can change.
Yes, but I recommend you are absolutely sure you know your permanent visa pathway from the outset. This is typically the subclass 892 visa for those who enter Australia on a subclass 163 - type "892" into the search box at www.immi.gov.au

Best regards.