British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   VISA 489 FOR north territory (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/visa-489-north-territory-891568/)

waqas_85 Feb 14th 2017 2:56 am

VISA 489 FOR north territory

Hi Team,
I have positive assessment from ACS for occupation in Computer network and system engineer(code#263111). ACS recognize my three years of experience.

Now i want to apply for NT 489 visa. i don't have any job offer at NT.

Can i still apply for 489 Visa for NT?

Br

Waqas

verystormy Feb 14th 2017 4:41 am

Re: VISA 489 FOR north territory

NT have a condition on this occupation that they will only sponsor of you have a job offer.

waqas_85 Feb 16th 2017 3:50 pm

Hi Thanks for reply,

Can you please suggest me that which Australia state i can apply 489 visa as i don't have job offer and considering my previous details?

Br
Waqas

Pollyana Feb 16th 2017 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by waqas_85 (Post 12181636)
Hi Thanks for reply,

Can you please suggest me that which Australia state i can apply 489 visa as i don't have job offer and considering my previous details?

Br
Waqas

You will need to look up each State and Territory as they all have a different list. Find one that will sponsor your skill and then ascertain if you meet their other conditions.

Iftekhar Mar 21st 2017 7:00 pm

Hi;
I completed assessment under SOL: 342414: Telecommunications Technician.
For Northern Territory do I need a job offer for 489.

rammygirl Mar 21st 2017 10:02 pm

Well according to their website no. The only stipulation is an English requirement.

The general requirements still apply though. If you are offshore you will need to prove that you have been working in that occupation for 12 months out of the last 24 min. That there is a demand for your work, you have settlement funds as stated. And you have done full research into the move.

NT is fed up of giving sponsorship to people who do not stay in NT so they are getting fussy so do supply full evidence that you understand what it will be like up there!

Richard_Gregan Mar 24th 2017 1:28 pm

You'll be expected to come up with a list of job advertisements in NT for your occupation; this is to demonstrate demand for your occupation. Also, a detailed statement of your reasons for wanting to *live* in NT, which should demonstrate a good knowledge of the territory, and a genuine desire to live and work there.

Applications which don't show this level of commitment won't cut it.

Regards,

Richard