Visa 457 to ENS Permanent Visa

Old Jun 19th 2012, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

beeceejoh is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Visa 457 to ENS Permanent Visa

Hi,

I'm currently on visa 457 and have worked for almost 1yr. My employer is willing to sponsor me for PR under ENS, provided that i certify eligibility criteria. Which means I must get a positive assessment from Assessing authority. I met the minimum requirement in IELTS. I obtained 7 band. I also have almost 7 yrs overseas working experience in my nominated field.

My question are:

1 Does point test system apply under this visa subclass?

2 How long does it take before the visa is granted?

Thanks
Old Jun 20th 2012, 1:14 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all
Default Re: Visa 457 to ENS Permanent Visa

Originally Posted by beeceejoh
Hi,

I'm currently on visa 457 and have worked for almost 1yr. My employer is willing to sponsor me for PR under ENS, provided that i certify eligibility criteria. Which means I must get a positive assessment from Assessing authority. I met the minimum requirement in IELTS. I obtained 7 band. I also have almost 7 yrs overseas working experience in my nominated field.

My question are:

1 Does point test system apply under this visa subclass?

2 How long does it take before the visa is granted?

Thanks
Hi,

There is no points requirement for this visa. With regard to the visa grant....how long is a piece of string??

When we applied for our 856 visa (ENS - onshore) it took 3 months from application to visa grant, but each case if different.

Good luck
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Antney
Hi,

There is no points requirement for this visa. With regard to the visa grant....how long is a piece of string??

When we applied for our 856 visa (ENS - onshore) it took 3 months from application to visa grant, but each case if different.

Good luck
As far as i can tell there is a points test if you havent been working for two years previously in that role. My husband and i are also looking into this but have decided that as he needs to do the points test anyhow then we may as well independantly
Old Jun 20th 2012, 3:36 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bikergirl
As far as i can tell there is a points test if you havent been working for two years previously in that role. My husband and i are also looking into this but have decided that as he needs to do the points test anyhow then we may as well independantly
I've been through the ENS PR route and onto citizenship. There is no points tests for an 856 or 857 visa.

There is criteria that you need to meet such as a skills assessment, but if you work in the job for two years then you don't need to have a skills assessment.

Have a look at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...bclass-856.htm

Last edited by Antney; Jun 20th 2012 at 3:38 am.
Old Jun 20th 2012, 3:44 am
Banned

myaccessaustralia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, note that the 856 ENS will be replaced by the 186 ENS visa from 1 July 2012 - http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills.../subclass-186/

eligibility requirements have changed a bit but are essentially the same - you should check that you are eligible for this new visa class
Old Jun 20th 2012, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Antney
I've been through the ENS PR route and onto citizenship. There is no points tests for an 856 or 857 visa.

There is criteria that you need to meet such as a skills assessment, but if you work in the job for two years then you don't need to have a skills assessment.

Have a look at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...bclass-856.htm

Duh flu brain has struck - i was thinking about the skills assessment and two years. Apologies for any confusion.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

beeceejoh is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all.