Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Visa 309 s56 Request for More Information Police Check

Visa 309 s56 Request for More Information Police Check

Old Dec 12th 2019, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Domini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa 309 s56 Request for More Information Police Check

Hello,

I've been asked to provide more information for my partner visa to Australia which I sent in February. They have requested a 'Police clearance certificate (United Kingdom)'.

Please could someone let me know which DBS check they require?
The types of check are as follows:
  • a basic check, which shows unspent convictions and conditional cautions
  • a standard check, which shows spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings
  • a enhanced check, which shows the same as a standard check plus any information held by local police that’s considered relevant to the role
  • an enhanced check with a check of the barred lists, which shows the same as an enhanced check plus whether the applicant is on the adults’ barred list, children’s barred list or both

Thank you, Dom
Old Dec 12th 2019, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa 309 s56 Request for More Information Police Check

You need an ACRO police check: https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx
Old Dec 12th 2019, 9:30 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domini
Hello,

I've been asked to provide more information for my partner visa to Australia which I sent in February. They have requested a 'Police clearance certificate (United Kingdom)'.

• a standard check, which shows spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings
  • a enhanced check, which shows the same as a standard check plus any information held by local police that’s considered relevant to the role
  • an enhanced check with a check of the barred lists, which shows the same as an enhanced check plus whether the applicant is on the adults’ barred list, children’s barred list or both

Thank you, Dom
Most of those checks are only available to certain employers etc, certiainly the enhanced ones. The ACRO check is the one that immigration want, if they see something that triggers alarms they will be able to get better checks.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 11:11 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domini
Hello,

Thank you, Dom
None of the above. As Paul said, you’ll need an ACRO Police Certificate.
Old Dec 12th 2019, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Domini is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much Paul & the others for your help