British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Visa 309 s56 Request for More Information Police Check (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/visa-309-s56-request-more-information-police-check-929777/)

Domini Dec 12th 2019 7:24 am

Visa 309 s56 Request for More Information Police Check

Hello,

I've been asked to provide more information for my partner visa to Australia which I sent in February. They have requested a 'Police clearance certificate (United Kingdom)'.

Please could someone let me know which DBS check they require?
The types of check are as follows:
  • a basic check, which shows unspent convictions and conditional cautions
  • a standard check, which shows spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings
  • a enhanced check, which shows the same as a standard check plus any information held by local police that’s considered relevant to the role
  • an enhanced check with a check of the barred lists, which shows the same as an enhanced check plus whether the applicant is on the adults’ barred list, children’s barred list or both

Paul Hand Dec 12th 2019 7:57 am

Re: Visa 309 s56 Request for More Information Police Check

You need an ACRO police check: https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

mikelincs Dec 12th 2019 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Domini (Post 12777567)
Hello,

I've been asked to provide more information for my partner visa to Australia which I sent in February. They have requested a 'Police clearance certificate (United Kingdom)'.

• a standard check, which shows spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings
  • a enhanced check, which shows the same as a standard check plus any information held by local police that’s considered relevant to the role
  • an enhanced check with a check of the barred lists, which shows the same as an enhanced check plus whether the applicant is on the adults’ barred list, children’s barred list or both

Most of those checks are only available to certain employers etc, certiainly the enhanced ones. The ACRO check is the one that immigration want, if they see something that triggers alarms they will be able to get better checks.

BritInParis Dec 12th 2019 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Domini (Post 12777567)
Hello,

None of the above. As Paul said, you’ll need an ACRO Police Certificate.

Domini Dec 12th 2019 4:36 pm

Thank you very much Paul & the others for your help