Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Visa 175 online submission nightmare... please help!

Wikiposts

Visa 175 online submission nightmare... please help!

Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

devonshiredumpling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa 175 online submission nightmare... please help!

We lodged our 175 visa application online last night and got our 3 year old to hit 'submit' when making payment. It was a good idea at the time all the family together taking the final step. However, if any of you know what 3 year olds are like anything can happen and after submission he decided to reach down and turn the computer off!!

The visa has been lodged but I didn't get my TRN and didn't print off any of the final documents. Can anyone tell me what they are?? I've requested a TRN to be sent to me. What happens now? Do I just sit and wait for a case officer and how long will it take?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

vslamba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa 175 online submission nightmare... please help!

Originally Posted by devonshiredumpling
We lodged our 175 visa application online last night and got our 3 year old to hit 'submit' when making payment. It was a good idea at the time all the family together taking the final step. However, if any of you know what 3 year olds are like anything can happen and after submission he decided to reach down and turn the computer off!!

The visa has been lodged but I didn't get my TRN and didn't print off any of the final documents. Can anyone tell me what they are?? I've requested a TRN to be sent to me. What happens now? Do I just sit and wait for a case officer and how long will it take?
Dont worry man, You have lost nothing. You will get a email( at the address) mentioned in the Application. All the details will be in it.

Thanks,
Viser
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Yep - you'll get a system generated email within about 24 hours of submission, which will list everything you need to upload (it will also tell you the meds, but hold off on doing them until your CO requests them seems the safest advice on that just now).
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by devonshiredumpling

I know you are worried...but I laughed a lot after reading this and still smiling
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

lalitahuja is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
I know you are worried...but I laughed a lot after reading this and still smiling
Yes you can laugh and we can understand what a kid can do
Old Mar 19th 2009, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lalitahuja
Yes you can laugh and we can understand what a kid can do
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1

My first reaction was - naughty step, but then I saw the look on his little face and I think hearing the words 'all done' he thought time to turn the computer off. So I couldn't do anything but laugh (with toddlers you either laugh or cry - don't fancy crying all the time) I know we'll look back when we're in Oz and laugh about that moment.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cookiestar
Yep - you'll get a system generated email within about 24 hours of submission, which will list everything you need to upload (it will also tell you the meds, but hold off on doing them until your CO requests them seems the safest advice on that just now).

Thanks - I can relax now.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Yes, you'll have a happy memory of submitting the application, and it's lovely that your son was involved in the process too.