Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Victorian Sponsorship taking more than 12 weeks

Wikiposts

Victorian Sponsorship taking more than 12 weeks

Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:31 pm
ddb
Forum Regular

ddb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Victorian Sponsorship taking more than 12 weeks

Hi,

I applied for sponsorship from Victoria on 30th Jan 09.

I got a reply from them on 18th Feb asking for the amount of funds in AUD that I will have available with me before migration. I replied to that and today I have got this:

Dear xxxx xxxx,
Thank you for the information you sent to the Victorian Government's Skilled and Business Migration Program. Your reference number is SS-xxxx-xxxxx.

The application will be processed and reviewed for State nomination. This process may take up to twelve weeks and we will contact you to advise you of the outcome as soon as a decision has been made.

The Skilled and Business Migration Program has no legal authority to deal with migration requirements or points required for migration. Any questions regarding migration beyond Victorian Government sponsorship should be directed to the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Please see DIAC’s website www.immi.gov.au for more information.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information about the Victorian Government’s Skilled and Business Migration Program.
Please quote Reference Number : SS-xxxx-xxxxx in all of your communication to us.

Kind Regards,
Skilled and Business Migration Program
Workforce Victoria
Department Of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development
GPO Box 4509, Melbourne, 3000
www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au |
T: 03 9938 0556 | F: 03 9938 0547 | [email protected]

It has already been 5 weeks now and they are saying it will take another 12 weeks
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: Victorian Sponsorship taking more than 12 weeks

hi
i applied around 4 feb 09, recieved state sponsorship yesterday for victoria, hope you get sorted soon.
john
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:57 am
Just Joined

ausunnyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnknight001
hi
i applied around 4 feb 09, recieved state sponsorship yesterday for victoria, hope you get sorted soon.
john
Hi John,
Can you share the discipline for the you application? trade or degree?
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

trade-plumber
john
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:35 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ddb
Hi,

I applied for sponsorship from Victoria on 30th Jan 09.

I got a reply from them on 18th Feb asking for the amount of funds in AUD that I will have available with me before migration. I replied to that and today I have got this:

Dear xxxx xxxx,
Thank you for the information you sent to the Victorian Government's Skilled and Business Migration Program. Your reference number is SS-xxxx-xxxxx.

The application will be processed and reviewed for State nomination. This process may take up to twelve weeks and we will contact you to advise you of the outcome as soon as a decision has been made.

The Skilled and Business Migration Program has no legal authority to deal with migration requirements or points required for migration. Any questions regarding migration beyond Victorian Government sponsorship should be directed to the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Please see DIAC’s website www.immi.gov.au for more information.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further information about the Victorian Government’s Skilled and Business Migration Program.
Please quote Reference Number : SS-xxxx-xxxxx in all of your communication to us.

Kind Regards,
Skilled and Business Migration Program
Workforce Victoria
Department Of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development
GPO Box 4509, Melbourne, 3000
www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au |
T: 03 9938 0556 | F: 03 9938 0547 | [email protected]

It has already been 5 weeks now and they are saying it will take another 12 weeks
I think you will get it before that...Also did they notify you when you sent your documents to them? I also applied for the same and send my documents to them..but i never got any confirmation from them..I applied 3-4 days back..
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Ramzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
I think you will get it before that...Also did they notify you when you sent your documents to them? I also applied for the same and send my documents to them..but i never got any confirmation from them..I applied 3-4 days back..
Hi I also applied VIC on 19th Jan and got sponsorship on 24th february and got it for a degree. Normally they do not send an acknowledgement for the receipt of the application and after about 10 days i was asked for my skills assessment even if they say that they do not require skills assessments. With that mail they sent me a reference number also. Therefore they do not take much time even if they say it is 12 weeks.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:24 pm
ddb
Forum Regular

ddb is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, they do not send an acknowledgement.
If the email hasn't bounced then be sure your SS application has been lodged, just be patient and wait.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ramzi
Hi I also applied VIC on 19th Jan and got sponsorship on 24th february and got it for a degree. Normally they do not send an acknowledgement for the receipt of the application and after about 10 days i was asked for my skills assessment even if they say that they do not require skills assessments. With that mail they sent me a reference number also. Therefore they do not take much time even if they say it is 12 weeks.
Got it for degree? What does it mean? and what's occupation?
Old Mar 7th 2009, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

juliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nice

we applied by email as not on drop down list (IT) on 23rd January. Agent got email last week asking for attachments he had already enclosed! Got a ref number from that email and still waiting...
Julie
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ramzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant futureRamzi has a brilliant future

Hi Aman,

sorry i used that to answer the post number 3 and he wanted to know whether sponsorship for skilled visa or trade visa...Mine is for skilled visa...