VICTORIA STATE SPONSORED APPLICATIONS

Old Jul 3rd 2009, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

cfmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VICTORIA STATE SPONSORED APPLICATIONS

Originally Posted by Sam Australia
in Engineering.
Hi all,

I had applied for QLD and VIC SS, got the QLD first and accepted it. DIAC assigned CO immediately. Meanwhile, VIC also approved my application. I just replied to them thanking them and informing that I will decide about accepting it in a month's time. This was a week ago.

To my surprise, I got an email from them VIC saying they have sent 1100 to DIAC already!

Meanwhile, all my documentation is complete, health is cleared and waiting for CO to check newly submitted documentation.

I guess I will wait and see what happens.

Any suggestions?

cheers
cfmx
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 3:24 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cfmx
Hi all,

I had applied for QLD and VIC SS, got the QLD first and accepted it. DIAC assigned CO immediately. Meanwhile, VIC also approved my application. I just replied to them thanking them and informing that I will decide about accepting it in a month's time. This was a week ago.

To my surprise, I got an email from them VIC saying they have sent 1100 to DIAC already!

Meanwhile, all my documentation is complete, health is cleared and waiting for CO to check newly submitted documentation.

I guess I will wait and see what happens.

Any suggestions?

cheers
cfmx
Flip, not sure what the outcome will be, but keep us all posted, it'll be ok though, don't panic too much! Which would u prefer I guess is a good question, Vic or QLD?
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

cfmx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Flip, not sure what the outcome will be, but keep us all posted, it'll be ok though, don't panic too much! Which would u prefer I guess is a good question, Vic or QLD?
:-) I did my Masters in QLD and lived there for few years before moving to North America. Hence, my preference is QLD. However, this is more of an emotional decision :-)

cheers
cfmx

Last edited by cfmx; Jul 3rd 2009 at 3:37 pm. Reason: grammatical errors
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

beachlou is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, We had received a similar email on Monday. They also said we were in the final stages, asked us to sign a declaration and asked us to clarify why we wanted to move to Vic when we had friends in Qld and NSW.
We wrote an A4 page about work and lifestyle in Vic, signed the declaration and 48 hours later we got the email saying Yes. And it only took less than 4 weeks from the acknowledgement.
Still smiling!

Good luck, sounds like your SS is just round the corner!
Thanks for that-will get right on it. OH is an Engineer too!
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beachlou
Thanks for that-will get right on it. OH is an Engineer too!
Ok, so we have written our letter explaining why we want to go to Victoria. it's about a page long with reasons like better work/life balance, OH spending time in Vic and loved it, loads of things to do outdoors. I hope it'll be ok?!

Hopefully it'll be enough-fingers crossed that we will hear sometime next week!
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

passionite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by passionite
In the website it states that close family ties will be considered enough, does anybody here with Vic-SS result feel that it worked for them?
anybody?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

While making the online application, in the attachments area it show that we can attach three files: 1 for Resume, 2 for skills Assesment and 3 for trade qualifications/certificates.

1. For #3, can we zip IELTS, work references,etc and upload ?

2. For work references, does HR style letters would suffice or do they need to contain detailed roles and responsibilities as ACS asks for?

For ACS I had to give colleagues's reference letters for each company I had worked for.

3. Are scanned copies enough or do they need to be certified?

4. List of attachments:
a. Passport copy
b. Resume
c. IELTS
d. Highest Degree/Certifications
e. Skills Assesment
f. Work Reference letters

Am I missing anything?

Thank you
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Can anybody please help me out with the above?
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:38 am
Just Joined

dentist is a jewel in the roughdentist is a jewel in the roughdentist is a jewel in the roughdentist is a jewel in the rough

While making the online application, in the attachments area it show that we can attach three files: 1 for Resume, 2 for skills Assesment and 3 for trade qualifications/certificates.

1. For #3, can we zip IELTS, work references,etc and upload ?

2. For work references, does HR style letters would suffice or do they need to contain detailed roles and responsibilities as ACS asks for?

For ACS I had to give colleagues's reference letters for each company I had worked for.

4. List of attachments:
a. Passport copy
b. Resume
c. IELTS
d. Highest Degree/Certifications
e. Skills Assesment
f. Work Reference letters

Am I missing anything?

Thank you
Your questions has already been answered before in this same thread. Provide what you are asked, and that is Resume, Skills assessment and your qualifications. No passport, IELTS, reference letters or any other stuff.
Just make sure your resumé is really detailed, as they've asked this for a lot of people after they had already submitted their applications (including me!).
Cheers
Old Jul 5th 2009, 12:43 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Can anybody please help me out with the above?
Please stop bumping your question. It is the weekend here and people may not be able to answer you as quickly as you might like. It is also quite possible that nobody knows the answer. The posters here are for the most part simply people who have also applied for visas, so not every question will get an answer.

I honestly think that if the process is that difficult you really need to engage the services of a migration agent.

Last edited by Dorothy; Jul 6th 2009 at 10:29 am.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dorothy, I bet if a few bugging posters( may be including me) comes in front of you after asking some stupid questions..you will not mind hitting them on butt with a stick..

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Please stop bumping your question. It is the weekend here and people may not be able to answer you as quickly as you might like. It is also quite possible that nobody knows the answer. The posters here are for the most part simply people who have also applied for visas, so not every question will get an answer.

I honestly think that if the process is [I]that[I] difficult you really need to engage the services of a migration agent.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

ritu1234 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mirjanaa
Hello,
I would like to know if Victoria send acknowledge letter after they send form 1100 to DIAC. I received sponsorship last week and i didnt received any confirmation email.
For how long I should wait?
Hi,
They dont send any confirmation regarding your 1022,but you just wait and the diac online if you applied,status will change within ten working days,the co will allotted,he/she will contact you directly anything doc required.You can send PLE and confirm your status of your sponsorship.Where are you from?
All the best
Ritu
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
2) As far as I know the ACS needs detailed references stating your roles & responsibilities (mine each listed about 10), but can be from your boss rather than HR, 2 of my 3 references where from my team leader or boss, the 3rd was from HR, on each I supplied the wording, they checked that it was truthful and accurate then put it on letterhead & signed it.

3) as far as I know, the copies need to be certified.

HTH,
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by freebo
2) As far as I know the ACS needs detailed references stating your roles & responsibilities (mine each listed about 10), but can be from your boss rather than HR, 2 of my 3 references where from my team leader or boss, the 3rd was from HR, on each I supplied the wording, they checked that it was truthful and accurate then put it on letterhead & signed it.

3) as far as I know, the copies need to be certified.

HTH,
freebo,
Not commenting on others's replies on my queries, I thank you for giving it a try answering them rather than @*&*%*#.

BTW, currently I'm attempting to apply for Victoria SS and my queries are related to that. I'm done with ACS.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, We had received a similar email on Monday. They also said we were in the final stages, asked us to sign a declaration and asked us to clarify why we wanted to move to Vic when we had friends in Qld and NSW.
We wrote an A4 page about work and lifestyle in Vic, signed the declaration and 48 hours later we got the email saying Yes. And it only took less than 4 weeks from the acknowledgement.
Still smiling!

Good luck, sounds like your SS is just round the corner!
We emailed our letter and our declaration yesterday, so hopefully we might hear by the end of the week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.