Victoria SMP (merged threads)

Old Feb 16th 2011, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

ebanster is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Victoria SMP (merged threads)

Originally Posted by tycsee
Got another email from Vic about delay...

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for the information you sent to the Victorian Government's Skilled and Business Migration Program. The reference number is SS-XXXXX. The nominated occupation is XXXX.

The application will be processed and reviewed for Victorian Government nomination. To be eligible for sponsorship by the Victorian Government an applicant must first have an occupation on the Victorian Government Sponsorship Eligibility List. The eligibility list is an indication only of those occupations in demand in Victoria and having an occupation on this list does not guarantee sponsorship.

The Skilled and Business Migration Program has no legal authority to deal with migration requirements or points required for migration. Any questions regarding migration beyond Victorian Government sponsorship should be directed to the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). See the DIAC website www.immi.gov.au for more information.

The Victorian Government is currently finalising procedures in obtaining industry feedback for ICT occupations, and unfortunately this has meant a delay in the processing of all ICT applications. We are unable to provide an estimated processing time.

We apologise for this delay and will have a decision for you as soon as possible.

Please quote Reference Number : SS-XXXX in all of your communication to us.

.................................................. .....................
The last 4 paragraphs are exactly the lines mentioned in their previous "delay" email. I guess nothing significant here except for an assurance that they are still looking into the matter and that we need to wait further
Old Feb 16th 2011, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Deluxe is an unknown quantity at this point

I got mail today

Dear XYZ,

Thank you for the information you sent to the Victorian Government's Skilled and Business Migration Program. The reference number is SS-2010-035XX. The nominated occupation is 261399 Software and Applications Programmers nec.

The application will be processed and reviewed for Victorian Government nomination. To be eligible for sponsorship by the Victorian Government an applicant must first have an occupation on the Victorian Government Sponsorship Eligibility List. The eligibility list is an indication only of those occupations in demand in Victoria and having an occupation on this list does not guarantee sponsorship.

The Skilled and Business Migration Program has no legal authority to deal with migration requirements or points required for migration. Any questions regarding migration beyond Victorian Government sponsorship should be directed to the Australian Government’s Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). See the DIAC website www.immi.gov.au for more information.

The Victorian Government is currently finalising procedures in obtaining industry feedback for ICT occupations, and unfortunately this has meant a delay in the processing of all ICT applications. We are unable to provide an estimated processing time.

We apologise for this delay and will have a decision for you as soon as possible.

Please quote Reference Number : SS-2010-035XX in all of your communication to us.

Kind regards,

Skilled and Business Migration Program

Workforce Victoria

Department of Business and Innovation

Level 20, 80 Collins Street, Melbourne, 3000

www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au |

T: 03 9938 0556 | F: 03 9938 0561 | [email protected]
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:48 am
Just Joined

immiausi is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you get the previous delay mail as well?????

Originally Posted by tycsee
Got another email from Vic about delay...

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for the information you sent to the Victorian Government's Skilled and Business Migration Program. The reference number is SS-XXXXX. The nominated occupation is XXXX.

Please quote Reference Number : SS-XXXX in all of your communication to us.

.................................................. .....................
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:36 am
Just Joined

cjdrum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pseethar
Has any accountant gor a possitive outcome from the Vic SS in recent past?
No, still waiting. Applied 10th Nov, asked for detailed CV early Jan. No further correspondence.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

luckygajan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ebanster
i applied as software tester last november...
have u applied already? if not, then, unfortunately, they have closed all application already...
if yes, then i guess u need to wait the same as all the IT guys here...
Thank you so much for replying

Unfortunately I haven't applied yet

but I hope they have suspended ICT applications for this financial (2010/2011) year and they'll reopen it for 2011/2012)

any idea about this?

please keep posting about your application status

thanks again
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:15 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ebanster
The last 4 paragraphs are exactly the lines mentioned in their previous "delay" email. I guess nothing significant here except for an assurance that they are still looking into the matter and that we need to wait further
Ebanster and the others,

I got this email too ! . My heart stopped when I saw smp.vic email in my inbox !.

Guess they want more time, lets see what happens..

Cheers,

TAA
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by foha2012
Ebanster and the others,

I got this email too ! . My heart stopped when I saw smp.vic email in my inbox !.

Guess they want more time, lets see what happens..

Cheers,

TAA
This is crazy! Sending delay notification email again to the applicant does not make sense at all to me!

I did not got any such email twice so far. Maybe I will get it in a day or two. Maybe I will be rejected if I don't get this email again, or maybe this duplicate delay notification email is another bug in their system!

Don't know what the heck is going on...
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:44 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by oliman
This is crazy! Sending delay notification email again to the applicant does not make sense at all to me!

I did not got any such email twice so far. Maybe I will get it in a day or two. Maybe I will be rejected if I don't get this email again, or maybe this duplicate delay notification email is another bug in their system!

Don't know what the heck is going on...
Oliman,

You know, I am not bothered one bit! cause I am going with plan B now!

Cheers,

TAA
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all

Oliman,

You know, I am not bothered one bit! cause I am going with plan B now!

Cheers,

TAA
Thats good!

I have also started preparing for my plan B & plan C!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

PolarCanuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Since last summer, they processed only handful of applications. Most of those are onshore apps. Based on their progress, we are in a very long wait. Serioulsy.Expect to see more delay emails.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:00 am
Waiting .....

Originally Posted by PolarCanuck
Since last summer, they processed only handful of applications. Most of those are onshore apps. Based on their progress, we are in a very long wait. Serioulsy.Expect to see more delay emails.
PolarCanuck,

How can you be sure ?. They are filling up their quota aren't they ? and its 4500 places. Remember there are so many people who got accepted who are not members of any forum hence their successes are unknown.

Don't depress the already depressed posters any further please !

Cheers,

TAA
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

ebanster is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by PolarCanuck
then they should not open up a lot of slots as per their websites... else, they are only giving false hopes to a lot of people
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

This state sponsorship thing is becoming pain in the butt. Even Northern Territory has set a new record in longest application processing time of 30 WEEKS!

I emailed them to confirm if it was 30 days or 30 weeks, and they replied in confirmation of 30 WEEKS with an explanation that they are overloaded with many applications.

30 WEEKS = 7.5 freakin months
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:43 am
Just Joined

tycsee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by immiausi
Did you get the previous delay mail as well?????
Yes, this is a second one. Not sure for what reason though, as I had not sent any email to them enquiring about the status of my application.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 1:59 am
Just Joined

PolarCanuck is an unknown quantity at this point

PolarCanuck,

Don't depress the already depressed posters any further please !

Cheers,

TAA
I didnt hold up the applications and postponed it months after months.
TBH everyone is at a pissed off level. Depression period is well over. Luckily some of us have back up plans. I feel sorry for those who waited half a year to submit an application and another 3 months for getting a rejection. Pretty hard to swallow.
Other states are also processing 4500 files(and some probably more than VIC).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.