Victoria SMP (merged threads)

Old Jan 29th 2011, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

shooterspalace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Victoria SMP (merged threads)

Originally Posted by Deluxe
Dear Friends,

I want to ask that whether we have to send the written statement about "Why we want to settle in victoria". Is it mandatory to get sponsorship?

Secondly has anybody got this type of email from Victoria.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by fuel4mind
Yes it is mandatory and you need to send the response within a month. My friend has received a similar email. Just write why you want to settle in Victoria in your own terms.
Fuel4mind,

Few days ago, I receive a mail from victoria. They noticed about their delay of processing.

But I did not yet receive mail from Victoria mentioning "Why we want to settle in victoria".

Now, should I wait for this mail or I should send them a mail mentioning the research of settle in victoria?

Please advice.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

fuel4mind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shooterspalace
Fuel4mind,

Few days ago, I receive a mail from victoria. They noticed about their delay of processing.

But I did not yet receive mail from Victoria mentioning "Why we want to settle in victoria".

Now, should I wait for this mail or I should send them a mail mentioning the research of settle in victoria?

Please advice.
Hi, You need to reply only if you receive a mail asking for the reason. My friend received such an email.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really nice
Talking Re: Victoria SMP (merged threads)

Its almost 12 weeks now people... Started Feb 1 ... I think timesup....I never waited so desperately for something before.... What I would say is Kudos to everyone for their patience and holding on their nerves ...Start expecting the awesome grant mail in your inbox anytime from VIC....

All the Best Thread Followers

God bless all

Last edited by Big Bob; Jan 30th 2011 at 7:16 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

ebanster is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Big Bob
Its almost 12 weeks now people... Started Feb 1 ... I think timesup....I never waited so desperately for something before.... What I would say is Kudos to everyone for their patience and holding on their nerves ...Start expecting the awesome grant mail in your inbox anytime from VIC....

All the Best Thread Followers

God bless all
Let's all hope for the best... 1st day of the week and I still havent received that golden email I'd rather get the rejection on the first week than on the last week... I hope they are sensitive enough to understand our situation time is really running out for me...
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

baljinsi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fuel4mind
Hi, You need to reply only if you receive a mail asking for the reason. My friend received such an email.
Hi Fuel4mind,

I have received such a mail to give reasons for settling down in Victoria.
Do you or your friend have any idea or format of letter which could be a help to me to provide details on it. Thanks in advance...
-Baljinsi
Old Jan 31st 2011, 4:05 am
Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice

Originally Posted by baljinsi
Hi Fuel4mind,

I have received such a mail to give reasons for settling down in Victoria.
Do you or your friend have any idea or format of letter which could be a help to me to provide details on it. Thanks in advance...
-Baljinsi
Hi Baljinsi,

Guess you listed friends/relatives staying in other state/territory.

Here's what I've seen people mentioning they included in the statement:

1. Jobs available in the state
2. Weather
3. Friends or Relatives
4. Education
5. Lifestyle
6. Cost of living (available from the LiveInVictoria site and mentioning how you plan to meet)

Its basically to prove you are very much interested in Vic. Add as much detail as possible but don't make it too boring and long....

Good luck with your SS!!

armandra!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

atif.javed is an unknown quantity at this point

I have applied for Victoria SS on 5 Jan, still not got confirmation mail about my application, i m worried, can anyone tell me how much i have to wait???
Old Feb 1st 2011, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

ebanster is on a distinguished road

i emailed them last week asking for a timeframe as my acs letter will expire soon.
just now i received a response saying that they won't be able to provide any timeline
Old Feb 1st 2011, 3:14 am
Just Joined

mpogr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ebanster
i emailed them last week asking for a timeframe as my acs letter will expire soon.
just now i received a response saying that they won't be able to provide any timeline
They're completely agnostic to any personal problem you may have. I applied on Nov 5th and emailed them a while ago pointing out that my IELTS expires on Jan 15th. This had absolutely no effect. I got my SS grant letter on Jan 19th, 4 days after my IELTS got expired. Now I have to resit it. Don't tell me they couldn't approve me a week earlier than they actually did.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:28 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree. They were also sending emails that they lost the signed declaration of applicants and then this delay in process.

This process is incredibily ridiculous and poor from Victoria.

Sydney is much faster and better in its process only taking 3-4 weeks with a fee included. Australia in itself is not as well organized as some other first world countries. By the time you receive your ACS assessment (12-16 weeks), your sponsorship (12 weeks), and overall migration result (12-18 months), you could have gained an NZ PR in about 3-6 months and lived and worked in NZ for 1-1.5 years.

I think those who want to migrate to Australia should really re-consider other countries like NZ over Australia . Europe is also a better option.

Australia couldn't even manage to host the 2022 WC which is 11 or so years away. Just outright poor.

Originally Posted by PolarCanuck
very very very disappointed with VIC process. waited for so many months.

Last edited by robbyarg; Feb 1st 2011 at 7:31 am.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:34 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

There do not make any special considerations based on personal circumstances.

You will also have to get excellent scores in IELTS to gain points. This is not impossible, but it can be a problem to get scores under pressure. Delays the process even more.

Originally Posted by mpogr
They're completely agnostic to any personal problem you may have. I applied on Nov 5th and emailed them a while ago pointing out that my IELTS expires on Jan 15th. This had absolutely no effect. I got my SS grant letter on Jan 19th, 4 days after my IELTS got expired. Now I have to resit it. Don't tell me they couldn't approve me a week earlier than they actually did.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

shooterspalace is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robbyarg
Agree. They were also sending emails that they lost the signed declaration of applicants and then this delay in process.

This process is incredibily ridiculous and poor from Victoria.

Sydney is much faster and better in its process only taking 3-4 weeks with a fee included. Australia in itself is not as well organized as some other first world countries. By the time you receive your ACS assessment (12-16 weeks), your sponsorship (12 weeks), and overall migration result (12-18 months), you could have gained an NZ PR in about 3-6 months and lived and worked in NZ for 1-1.5 years.

I think those who want to migrate to Australia should really re-consider other countries like NZ over Australia . Europe is also a better option.

Australia couldn't even manage to host the 2022 WC which is 11 or so years away. Just outright poor.

Hi Robbyarg,

Can you share with us how much minimum points is required to qualify NZ skilled Migration?

From which website I will get the full immigration pointing system and requirements like skill occupational list and others?

Thanks.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 11:31 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by shooterspalace
Hi Robbyarg,

Can you share with us how much minimum points is required to qualify NZ skilled Migration?

From which website I will get the full immigration pointing system and requirements like skill occupational list and others?

Thanks.
Shooter,

Go to NZ forum and read the sticky threads.. Bevs is the moderator there.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:58 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by foha2012
Shooter,

Go to NZ forum and read the sticky threads.. Bevs is the moderator there.

Cheers,

TAA
so u have struggled there
Old Feb 1st 2011, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

yamaha777 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got their reply today, asking for a more detailed CV. My pulse had paused for 3 secs after seeing the word "Unfortunately"

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your application for Victorian Government nomination under the 176 - Sponsored visa scheme.

Unfortunately our Industry Panel will be unable to assess your skills based upon your current CV. Please provide a detailed CV, including further details around the description of responsibilities and daily tasks performed within employment.

Our website includes information regarding CV writing: http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au...ying-for-a-job. You must provide detailed information about past experience and skills. The CV document must be named as follows: CV - SURNAME, Firstname.

Your application will be considered incomplete until we receive this information. If we do not hear from you within one month the file will be closed.

We look forward to your response.

Please quote Reference Number : SS-2010-04XXX in all of your communication to us.

Kind regards,

[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.