Victoria SMP (merged threads)

Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

oz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really nice
Default Re: Victoria SMP (merged threads)

Hi, is this an extract of the email they sent informing your rejection? or is this a reply mail from VIC for a fund related query that you asked them? How have you concluded that insufficient funds are the reason for rejection?

Originally Posted by miss-chievous
is there an appeal to the decision made by Vic Gov for SMP? I just got an email today that states my result, and unfortunately, i was unsuccessful due to insufficient funds. i only stated during my application just an estimate of how much i will be bringing. they also stated there that:

The Victorian Government considers whether applicants have sufficient financial resources to establish themselves and their dependents in Victoria while they seek employment. As the funds required differ depending on individual circumstances, the Victorian Government does not specify the minimum amount of funds required. Also considered are any connections with Victoria through family, friends, previous travel, study or employment.

I have an immediate relative living in Melbourne. And they are much willing to support me financially. Do you think if I write to them, they will consider my application?
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

miss-chievous is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oz_dreamz09
Hi, is this an extract of the email they sent informing your rejection? or is this a reply mail from VIC for a fund related query that you asked them? How have you concluded that insufficient funds are the reason for rejection?
Exact email informing me about the decision. I never email them before about any fund related query. This is the exact email:

Thank you for your application for Victorian Government nomination under the 176 - Sponsored visa scheme.

Following a review of the information you have provided to the Skilled and Business Migration Program, we regret to inform you that the Victorian Government is not in a position to sponsor you under the 176 - Sponsored visa scheme.

The Victorian Government considers whether applicants have sufficient financial resources to establish themselves and their dependents in Victoria while they seek employment. As the funds required differ depending on individual circumstances, the Victorian Government does not specify the minimum amount of funds required. Also considered are any connections with Victoria through family, friends, previous travel, study or employment.

The decision is based on an evaluation of your ability to successfully establish yourself and any dependents in Victoria. We need to ensure that sponsored migrants have the necessary resources, support and commitment to successfully migrate to Victoria and, in this case, it has been decided that your application was unsuccessful in this regard.

Refer to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) website for alternative visa pathways: www.immi.gov.au.

Please quote Reference Number : SS-2010-02XXX in all of your communication to us.

How can they base the funds we stated if they didn't require us in the first place about any documents to show that we are financially capable to move to Victoria. To be honest, it's my bad, that I only stated around 5000AUD which I plan to bring if we move there. I could've stated more like the cost of our car, our house if we plan to sell it. But like I said, I have a brother living in Melbourne which is more than willing to support us while we seek employment without having to sell our properties in our home country.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

amitmi2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Exact email informing me about the decision. I never email them before about any fund related query. This is the exact email:

Thank you for your application for Victorian Government nomination under the 176 - Sponsored visa scheme.

Following a review of the information you have provided to the Skilled and Business Migration Program, we regret to inform you that the Victorian Government is not in a position to sponsor you under the 176 - Sponsored visa scheme.

The decision is based on an evaluation of your ability to successfully establish yourself and any dependents in Victoria. We need to ensure that sponsored migrants have the necessary resources, support and commitment to successfully migrate to Victoria and, in this case, it has been decided that your application was unsuccessful in this regard.

Refer to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) website for alternative visa pathways: www.immi.gov.au.

Please quote Reference Number : SS-2010-02XXX in all of your communication to us.

How can they base the funds we stated if they didn't require us in the first place about any documents to show that we are financially capable to move to Victoria. To be honest, it's my bad, that I only stated around 5000AUD which I plan to bring if we move there. I could've stated more like the cost of our car, our house if we plan to sell it. But like I said, I have a brother living in Melbourne which is more than willing to support us while we seek employment without having to sell our properties in our home country.
Hi

When did you apply for SS frm Victoria?

Thanks
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

oz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really nice

You should have done a research of how much the states who specify the amount require applicants to declare - i think 5000 AUD is way too less, I guess VIC is smart enough not to specify an exact amount..

when skill is an issue, they indicate something like the email that is on the below post:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...596277&page=65

This result email indicates it is the fund issue, hard luck

I am not aware of any appeal procedure for VIC other than a re-try in another 6 months or so.. good luck..by the way when did you apply?

Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

ebanster is on a distinguished road

Probably you can appeal to them explaining the situation. But, in my opinion, they wouldn't ask this in the first place if it is not one of their criteria. If I understand it correctly, the govt will not provide financial support for 2 years and you should be sulf-sufficient during that period. I guess it is a lesson learned for the others.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

You should have done a research of how much the states who specify actually require applicants to declare, I guess VIC is smart enough not to specify an exact amount..

when skill is an issue, they indicate something like the email that is on the below post:

This result email indicates it is the fund issue, hard luck

I am not aware of any appeal procedure for VIC other than a re-try in another 6 months or so.. good luck..by the way when did you apply?
Yes, they are smart enough not to indicate the amount. I've done research but no where did I find any regarding funds. Anyway, I replied to the email and ask about any appeal process and the proof of funds that I can show if I am financially capable.

I applied Nov 10th.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

For instance, if im not wrong, NSW requires 25K for individual and $5 K for additional family member..this should give you a fair idea of their expectations.. if not equal, I beleive it should be comparable..
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:47 am
Just Joined

PolarCanuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Just tell them you made a typo error. Its not 5000 , it shouldve been 50,000.
Your car, your house blah blah...
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I'm not sure it is just the funds issue - if you read the passage I have put in bold it mentions support and commitment as well. We have seen people on BE rejected by Victoria in the past when they haven't demonstrated enough commitment to the State - not financially, but as an overall position. Much the same email has been received by people who have applied to another State as well - Victoria considers that if you apply to more than one State you are not seriously committed to living there. Did you provide plenty of other proof of commitment to the State? Research in to jobs, housing, schools, general lifestyle for example?

Having said that, $5000 won't go far when emigrating.....
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
To be honest I'm not sure it is just the funds issue - if you read the passage I have put in bold it mentions support and commitment as well. We have seen people on BE rejected by Victoria in the past when they haven't demonstrated enough commitment to the State - not financially, but as an overall position. Much the same email has been received by people who have applied to another State as well - Victoria considers that if you apply to more than one State you are not seriously committed to living there. Did you provide plenty of other proof of commitment to the State? Research in to jobs, housing, schools, general lifestyle for example?
VIC does not ask for any of the research and details like many other states.. and also, they do not send the same rejection email template to everyone..here they have indicated the fund, whereas they have indicate skill in demand issues as reasons in other rejection emails such as this one:

also, mischevious has quoted an obviously low amount, so it almost clear although it may be arguable

Last edited by oz_dreamz09; Dec 9th 2010 at 3:52 am.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

i've sent them all the support and commitment they require me too. in fact, i only applied SMP in victoria since this state is my first priority to move in, in case i'd be given a chance to migrate. i guess, it's really a hard luck.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

VIC does not ask for any of the research and details like many other states.. and also, they do not send the same rejection email template to everyone..here they have indicated the fund, whereas they have indicate skill shortage as reasons in other rejection emails such as this one:

also, mischevious has quoted an obviously low amount, so it almost clear although it may be arguable
They probably don't send the same to everyone, I was just looking from the broader perspective, that even if the money had been there I didn't know how much research/evidence miss-chievous had produced on other fronts The fact that they mention support and commitment as well as resources just made me wonder, thats all......
Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They probably don't send the same to everyone, I was just looking from the broader perspective, that even if the money had been there I didn't know how much research/evidence miss-chievous had produced on other fronts The fact that they mention support and commitment as well as resources just made me wonder, thats all......
I understand your point Pollyana, very valid
Old Dec 9th 2010, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

ebanster is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oliman
I think you should clarify them that you applied for Software Tester so they make a correction to this mistake. Remember, their online system has shown many bugs and this may be one of them. IMO, don't hesitate to reply to this email and request for correction/clerification.
good thing i asked them regarding this. They have replied to me saying:
Thank you for your email. The file has now been updated with the new information.
It might be due to another technical issue so for others, keep a look out on your applications if it is the correct occupation
Old Dec 9th 2010, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ebanster
good thing i asked them regarding this. They have replied to me saying:
Thank you for your email. The file has now been updated with the new information.
It might be due to another technical issue so for others, keep a look out on your applications if it is the correct occupation
Good to hear that. Best of luck for your application.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.