Victoria SMP (merged threads)

Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all
Default Re: Victoria SMP (merged threads)

Originally Posted by foha2012
Oli,

I have created a new CV under VIC guidelines, and I am doing the cover letter. I will Inshallah apply Sunday evening. I could't apply on Nov 1st as my skill wasn't there then. It has just sprung up on the 1st (thanks Shafaqat again!).

So I guess they need LINUX people badly . Lets see, I am hopeful. But I may also apply for ACT. As ACT has a fees, and the fact that its not that popular among immigrants, I believe there is a better chance for me to gain sponsorship.

Whats your say on my decision ?

Cheers,

TAA
I would recommend you not to apply simultaneously for two difference state's sponsorships.

Last edited by oliman; Dec 4th 2010 at 11:46 am.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:40 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by oliman
I would recommend you not to apply simultaneously for two difference state's sponsorships.
Yar you are gonna leave me hanging high and dry like last time !!!

Vic usually reject after 5 - 6 months, meaning I may get a rejection in June and the rules are changing in July. And I don't think I can qualifiy under the new rules. So I will never be able to get in Oz since there will be no time left to apply to any other state !!

NOW
what do you say ?. Should I apply for 2 more states or not ?

Cheers,

TAA

Last edited by foha2012; Dec 4th 2010 at 1:02 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:54 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Guys,

Guess what,

I have just applied for VIC SMP.

There is no online status update, they say their system is down and they will inform me of my status via email.

Cheers,

TAA
Old Dec 4th 2010, 1:16 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Guys,

Guess what,

I have just applied for VIC SMP.

There is no online status update, they say their system is down and they will inform me of my status via email.

Cheers,

TAA
It's upto you but i would recommend applying for multiplte states, hope u know the consequences of doing this.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all

Vic usually reject after 5 - 6 months
Not necessarily, last time when I applied for Victoria sponsorship, I was being rejected after 1 month and eight days with proper justification of rejection in the email by Victoria.

Till 2 months from now, don't apply anywhere. Play safe foha2012!
Old Dec 4th 2010, 1:23 pm
Waiting .....

Not necessarily, last time when I applied for Victoria sponsorship, I was being rejected after 1 month and eight days with proper justification of rejection in the email by Victoria.

Till 2 months from now, don't apply anywhere. Play safe foha2012!
Ok Boss !

Thanks !!

Cheers,

TAA
Old Dec 4th 2010, 1:30 pm
Waiting .....

Ok Boss !

Thanks !!

Cheers,

TAA
Guys,

BTW, do you realize we are competing against each other for VIC SMP ?!!!

Cheers,

TAA
Old Dec 4th 2010, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guys,

BTW, do you realize we are competing against each other for VIC SMP ?!!!

Cheers,

TAA
Yes, and I hope for you to get it more than myself as sponsorship is the only option for you to apply for aus VISA. Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited by oliman; Dec 4th 2010 at 5:54 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really niceBig Bob is just really nice

Yes, and I hope for you to get it more than myself as sponsorship is the only option for you to apply for aus VISA. Best of luck to everyone!
Not for foha oliman..there are lot of us hanging on state sponsorships..especially ones with old ASCO codes...

I think since foha is taking chances because he has no backup option and personally I do realise this since rules change in July 2010...Everything in Oz process is unexpected..nobody knows what next..even I am in a similar situation...literally confused...but playing cautious..
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

ebanster is on a distinguished road

finally i received an acknowledgement. now, awaiting for positive letters... hopefully they would be sending out those letters this december... i applied on the 1st week so fingers crossed
Old Dec 6th 2010, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ebanster
finally i received an acknowledgement. now, awaiting for positive letters... hopefully they would be sending out those letters this december... i applied on the 1st week so fingers crossed
Lower down your expectations ebanster! Their processing time has officially increased to 12 weeks (3 months)! Best of luck for your case.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Lower down your expectations ebanster! Their processing time has officially increased to 12 weeks (3 months)! Best of luck for your case.
i guess i missed that part where it is now 3 months processing time
my personal opinion is it is too long considering it also takes 3 months for ACS results to process. on top of that, you need to take the IELTS test as well. its not a good sign especially for those affected by the VISA suspension whose ACS results are expiring soon... sigh
Old Dec 6th 2010, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ebanster
its not a good sign especially for those affected by the VISA suspension whose ACS results are expiring soon... sigh
You are right, even my ACS against which I applied for SMP was to get expired on Jan 07 2011, but luckily I had applied for another ANZSCO based assessment on July 2010 of which I got positive assessment after I had applied for SMP and Victoria was kind enough to consider my new assessment letter upon a request by me through an email.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Guys, I just received the below from Victoria. However, I was wondering why the nominated occupation is Systems Analyst as I clearly applied for Software Tester which is directly mapped to my old ASCO Code of Computing Professional nec. I don't want to contact them regarding this as they request not to inquire anything during this period but 12 weeks is too long!!!:

Thank you for the information you sent to the Victorian Government's Skilled and Business Migration Program. The nominated occupation is 261112 Systems Analyst.????

To be eligible for sponsorship by the Victorian Government an applicant must first have an occupation on the Victorian Government Skilled – Sponsored (176) Eligibility List. The eligibility list identifies skills in demand in Victoria, and is regularly updated to take into account changes in industry requirements for skilled professionals and tradespeople. The eligibility list is an indication only of those occupations in demand in Victoria and having an occupation on this list does not guarantee sponsorship.

The application will be processed and reviewed for Victorian Government nomination. This process may take up to twelve weeks and you will be advised of the outcome as soon as a decision has been made. We request that you do not enquire on the progress of the application during this period.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 5:23 am
Just Joined

obelixous is an unknown quantity at this point

I know that the timeline stated for SS Decision is 12 weeks, but no decisions within the past 5 weeks (since Nov 4) is surprising for early positive results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.