Victoria SMP (merged threads)

Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

baljinsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Victoria SMP (merged threads)

Originally Posted by ebanster
Good news and bad news:

It's partially a good news that yes, I got a long email from Victoria with an excerpt of the following:
"Your application for Victorian Government visa sponsorship under the 176 - Sponsored scheme has been assessed under these new arrangements and we are pleased to advise that your application is successful."

It is our assessment that there is currently a demand for your experience and qualifications in Victoria, Australia. You have also assessed yourself as meeting the requirements of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) Skilled – Sponsored visa scheme.

I guess I would be one of the first in the IT field to get the successful email. However, my ACS just expired last March 16, which was 2 days ago!
The state sponsorship is only valid for 4 months. If I lodge another ACS application, it will take another 3 months, and who knows what delays it might bring.... I've running out of other options... Please advise, guys
Hi,

If you complete your application and mention everything in a cover letter (The documents you provide, also a short story of your previous positive assessment and sponsorship)...You will definitely get in 3 months. Meanwhile be ready with all other things to apply for 176 and as soon as you get your +ve ACS application, just next day shoot your 176....
Just verify,this time assessment has to be done with ANZSCO code...Would revalidation work in this case or you need a new assessment? You have to be very careful before applying ACS assessment this time--You can put a checklist here before applying your assessment..we can check and give our views if anything to be added to make your application "Decision Ready"..

Would you please share how many years of exp in Software Testing you have?

Thanks,
-Baljinsi
Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

raghavperf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Victoria SMP Results Pending

Hi Members, I need your suggestion or advise on my victoria SMP application.

I had applied for victoria State sponsership in the 1st week of December and i am waiting for my results. actually i have applied through an agent.

i have applied under ICT category (Application Developer) and i have got my skill assessment from ACS in July 2010 and my IELTS is 6.5 with 6 in each module.

its taking more time than i expected. its been more than 3 months
I want to know the status of my application and if i should still wait.

Thanks In Advance for you suggestion

Raghavendra
Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:49 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria SMP Results Pending

Originally Posted by raghavperf
Hi Members, I need your suggestion or advise on my victoria SMP application.

I had applied for victoria State sponsership in the 1st week of December and i am waiting for my results. actually i have applied through an agent.

i have applied under ICT category (Application Developer) and i have got my skill assessment from ACS in July 2010 and my IELTS is 6.5 with 6 in each module.

its taking more time than i expected. its been more than 3 months
I want to know the status of my application and if i should still wait.

Thanks In Advance for you suggestion

Raghavendra
It's worth checking the Victoria website. I found this in the FAQs:

What are your processing times?

The current processing time is approximately 12 weeks upon receipt of a completed application. Periods where applicant information is outstanding is not included in this estimation. Processing times vary between occupations, dependent upon assessment procedures.
http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au...ship-and-visas

I don't think 3 months is too much out of the ordinary.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:56 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

I also meant to say good luck with your application too!
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

raghavperf is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You for a quick response Sir
yes its been about 14 weeks since i applied for state sponsership.
actually i approached an immigration agent to assist me on this and its been about 2 years now since i first started filling my application.

i got my acs in July 2010 after a long wait and now i am waiting for state sponsership and after this i might have to wait for DIAC for another 9 months.. this is a really slow process
waiting is a really difficult.. i paid heck a lot of money to agent as processing fee along with that i have paid visa fee.
Its really frustrating waiting for such a long time.....
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by raghavperf
Thank You for a quick response Sir
yes its been about 14 weeks since i applied for state sponsership.
actually i approached an immigration agent to assist me on this and its been about 2 years now since i first started filling my application.

i got my acs in July 2010 after a long wait and now i am waiting for state sponsership and after this i might have to wait for DIAC for another 9 months.. this is a really slow process
waiting is a really difficult.. i paid heck of lot of money to agent as processing fee along with that i have paid visa fee.
Its really frustrating waiting for such a long time.....
I can appreciate that. It's been over 2 years for us too, although we don't have to worry about state sponsorship (we're family sponsored). I hope your application gets dealt with quickly.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:47 pm
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: State Sponsorship

It's the cash that they want to see. In any case, you mention your assests. If you have to go to Australia you need to prove that you will bring some immediate cash like from superannuation, savings etc. Obviously when you leave your country you would sell off things in your home country, and if that is the case, you can state that as your assets.

I know people who brought as low as 6000AU an survived (but under skilled sponsorship). Individually ou may need to show some survival for about 6 months which would equate to about 15-18K AUD. If you have even upto 10k Aussie, it should look ok as Victoria should deem you someone capable of getting a job. This is my opinion of a secure financial status in first world (which is NOT cheap in any way).

In any case, you need a good amount of money to start off in first world, and not just for proof to Vic Sponsorship.

Originally Posted by Hafiz Shahzad Hameed
Hi Everyone,

I've applied for Victoria State Sponsorship and got the following text from Victoria state

"We are currently processing your application and need you to confirm the amount of financial resources you have available to assist your migration; including all of your assets (in Australian dollars). We request that you provide one figure that is inclusive of all your assets.

We do not indicate the funds required to make a successful application. It your responsibility to research the cost of living in Victoria, and to provide a true and accurate reflection of the funds you have available for migration. We do not require evidence of the resources available"

Can anybody help me about appropriate financial resources requirements. I have Gold and House with my name. I am sure for house but can I include Gold as my financial Asset?

Next question is in Lahore Pakistan where I bought the property, the value of property per Marla is 50K rupees in documents and registry while in reality we pay around 250-300K rupees. Now can I mention the correct value that I have given to buy property? If so then how can I give them proof? As a proof I can show registry but registry shows 50K per Marla.

Third I have build house on that land. Can I show the house building cost as Asset. I think the net value of that house is the correct Asset value including land cost and building cost.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

HighPeakJulie is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a look through the "Re: Victoria SMP (merged threads)" - everyone's posting their application date so you might beable to see others in the same situation
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:13 pm
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

For the ACS expiry, you can just get a re-issue but it will take time without being a rigorous process. Also be wary that there is an IDIOTIC Recent Work Experience Requirement. You have to check that too. Be also sure that your IELTS is valid until the re-issue arrives. That's why I feel it is not worth applying for Australia as you lose validity on a lot of documents by the time these assessments and things come with replies.

Originally Posted by baljinsi
Hi,

If you complete your application and mention everything in a cover letter (The documents you provide, also a short story of your previous positive assessment and sponsorship)...You will definitely get in 3 months. Meanwhile be ready with all other things to apply for 176 and as soon as you get your +ve ACS application, just next day shoot your 176....
Just verify,this time assessment has to be done with ANZSCO code...Would revalidation work in this case or you need a new assessment? You have to be very careful before applying ACS assessment this time--You can put a checklist here before applying your assessment..we can check and give our views if anything to be added to make your application "Decision Ready"..

Thanks,
-Baljinsi
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged
Old Mar 21st 2011, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

ebanster is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by baljinsi
Hi,

Thanks,
-Baljinsi
sorry but why do i need a cover letter for?
anyway, ive been in the testing field for more than 4 years, and 2 years as a developer.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

ebanster is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by robbyarg
For the ACS expiry, you can just get a re-issue but it will take time without being a rigorous process. Also be wary that there is an IDIOTIC Recent Work Experience Requirement. You have to check that too. Be also sure that your IELTS is valid until the re-issue arrives. That's why I feel it is not worth applying for Australia as you lose validity on a lot of documents by the time these assessments and things come with replies.
the case would be different computing professional n.e.c which i initially fall under... it is directly mapped to software tester however, they set a different criteria now in their website... so it is not really a direct mapping for this occupation, and might take a lot more time... in 2months time, i believe my IELTS would expire already...
Old Mar 21st 2011, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Deluxe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all
Congrats to EBANSTER for his success. Kindly tell me the date when you applied for the SS to Victoria.

Thanks.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

sheraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Funds and Victoria SMP

Originally Posted by oz_dreamz09
For VIC, no need to provide evidence.. here is an email from VIC

"Thank you for your enquiry.

No evidence of financial resources are necessary, however applicants are required to provide an accurate reflection of the amount of funds thay have available to assist their migration and should undertake any necessary research into the cost of living in Victoria to ascertain an appropriate amount. "
hi..
u have been granted visa?..

and u didnt need to show any evidence to proof your funds which u showed in your aplication???

and cud u please tell me how much funds u showed ??

thanks.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

sheraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Victoria SMP Update

Originally Posted by oz_dreamz09
its not mandatory for IT professionals, it is applicable only to certain occupations, like Accountants, building and engineering professionals etc.. thts wht the VIC eligibility list specifies..
agree..with oz_dreamz09..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.