British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   VIC SS DECLINED?????please help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/vic-ss-declined-please-help-659437/)

vermont42 Mar 15th 2010 10:35 am

VIC SS DECLINED?????please help

Hi all,

Lodged app for VIC SS last week.

Email today says declined.

I have everything they ask for

- 4311-11 Electrician (on skills list) recognised by TRA.
- 9 years experience as electrician
- Currently sponsored by engineering firm on 457
- plenty of $ in the bank
- 2 years work experience in Oz alone

email:
Following a review of the information you have provided to the Skilled and Business Migration Program, we regret to inform you that the Victorian Government is not in a position to sponsor you under the 176 - Sponsored scheme.

This decision was based on an evaluation of your qualifications and your years of work experience, along with an assessment of your ability to successfully establish yourself and any dependents in Victoria. We need to ensure that our sponsored migrants have the necessary resources, support and commitment to successfully migrate to Victoria and it has been decided that your application was unsuccessful in this regard.

Not the first time I have an application declined in Oz ....after raising complaint I got my grant...wondering if they hired Mickey Mouse to assess peoples qualifications around here.

Can anyone help it would be much appreciated.

believer Mar 15th 2010 11:58 am

Re: VIC SS DECLINED?????please help

maybe the state has run out the quote for the year and you would re-apply in a year time or so. sorry about the rejection. have you tried WA SS ? VIC SS has been pretty tough lately .

vermont42 Mar 16th 2010 2:41 am

Originally Posted by believer (Post 8420910)
maybe the state has run out the quote for the year and you would re-apply in a year time or so. sorry about the rejection. have you tried WA SS ? VIC SS has been pretty tough lately .

Believer thanks,

but if thats the case why dont they say so.

They state I dont fullfill the requirements even tho I have proved it by submitting all required docs.

moneypenny20 Mar 16th 2010 3:35 am

Whatever you or anyone else might think, there is no guarantee in getting a visa for Australia. DIAC are able to accept or refuse anyone on any grounds. They will let in those they want and unfortunately, harsh though it may seem, they don't want you, along with thousands of others who get turned down.

It's not personal, they don't know you so I'm afraid you'll have to accept it. They've worded the refusal very politely and obviously don't feel the need to go into detail. It might be that they have filled their quota for your specific skills, it may be that they honestly don't like what you've given them and don't need your skills enough to suggest you provide more detail.

That's life I'm afraid and I guess you have to either look elsewhere if you really want to leave your current country or you look around, and decide you can live and work successfully where you are now.

I guess there's nothing to stop you applying another year, or to another state, apart from the dreaded money of course, but if it's your second refusal then it may be tricky. If you're desperate to get to Aus, it may be worth contacting a registered agent and seeing what they say.

Dorothy Mar 16th 2010 6:25 am

Originally Posted by vermont42 (Post 8422781)
Believer thanks,

but if thats the case why dont they say so.

They state I dont fullfill the requirements even tho I have proved it by submitting all required docs.

Do you fulfill the 120 points criteria without state sponsorship? It's possible Victoria are saying no to those who are eligible without their help.

Weebie Mar 16th 2010 9:11 am

Australia doesn't need sparkies atm I'm sorry. Many trades will be rejected like this, simply there is a lack of work for many homegrown tradies atm. Its not your skills or qualifications so find another route in or try again in a year or two

Bermudashorts Mar 16th 2010 9:20 am

I think you just have to accept it and move on. Not every application is going to result in sponsorship, it is just an application.

vermont42 Mar 17th 2010 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Weebie (Post 8423287)
Australia doesn't need sparkies atm I'm sorry. Many trades will be rejected like this, simply there is a lack of work for many homegrown tradies atm. Its not your skills or qualifications so find another route in or try again in a year or two

Hi weebie,

if vic don't need electricians why is electrician 4311-11 on their skills list, why don't they remove it from the list then instead of wasting peoples time and effort??????

Personally I think australia don't have qualified staff to assess applications. Speaking to an assessor (in some other regard) I realized the assessors english skills were lacking and I found it difficult to understand exactly what he said and the coherence of the argument.

The times I have called DIAC they can't really give you any relevant information simply bcoz they don't know. It all comes down to lack of training and you say 'see u later' with a feeling that you might as well could have asked the local pizzaria?????

You might think 'well why don't you just leave' but I can't unfortunately.

moneypenny20 Mar 17th 2010 11:07 am

Originally Posted by vermont42 (Post 8426487)
Hi weebie,

if vic don't need electricians why is electrician 4311-11 on their skills list, why don't they remove it from the list then instead of wasting peoples time and effort??????

Personally I think australia don't have qualified staff to assess applications. Speaking to an assessor (in some other regard) I realized the assessors english skills were lacking and I found it difficult to understand exactly what he said and the coherence of the argument.

The times I have called DIAC they can't really give you any relevant information simply bcoz they don't know. It all comes down to lack of training and you say 'see u later' with a feeling that you might as well could have asked the local pizzaria?????

You might think 'well why don't you just leave' but I can't unfortunately.

So someone has to be blamed as being incompetent, sorry, an entire department is labelled incompetent because you haven't got a visa? You really need a reality check and hopefully this is it. NO ONE IS ENTITLED TO A VISA. Deal with it. They haven't taken it off the list just because they probably, at some point during your application, they reached their quota for your skills. Had they taken it off the list then it would have made no difference to your application as it would already have been in.

capetosydney Mar 17th 2010 11:13 am

Originally Posted by vermont42 (Post 8420776)
Hi all,

Lodged app for VIC SS last week.

Email today says declined.

I have everything they ask for

- 4311-11 Electrician (on skills list) recognised by TRA.
- 9 years experience as electrician
- Currently sponsored by engineering firm on 457
- plenty of $ in the bank
- 2 years work experience in Oz alone

email:
Following a review of the information you have provided to the Skilled and Business Migration Program, we regret to inform you that the Victorian Government is not in a position to sponsor you under the 176 - Sponsored scheme.

This decision was based on an evaluation of your qualifications and your years of work experience, along with an assessment of your ability to successfully establish yourself and any dependents in Victoria. We need to ensure that our sponsored migrants have the necessary resources, support and commitment to successfully migrate to Victoria and it has been decided that your application was unsuccessful in this regard.

Not the first time I have an application declined in Oz ....after raising complaint I got my grant...wondering if they hired Mickey Mouse to assess peoples qualifications around here.

Can anyone help it would be much appreciated.

OK, now I'm confused:confused:.So did you or did you not get Vic to sponsor you?

vermont42 Mar 17th 2010 11:55 am

Originally Posted by capetosydney (Post 8426540)
OK, now I'm confused:confused:.So did you or did you not get Vic to sponsor you?

No, haven't got it yet.

What I wrote in my previous post was with regards to some other application with TRA. They (TRA) rejected my application as well and their reasons were ridiculous, incorrect assessment all the way through obviously TRA didn't read it at all.

I raised a complaint and they then gave me my grant which they very easily could have done in the first instance if they have had the proper training.

Its like they reject you first on purpose just to bring you down and then you have to go through an ordeal to finally get want you applied for.

vermont42 Mar 17th 2010 11:59 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8426531)
So someone has to be blamed as being incompetent, sorry, an entire department is labelled incompetent because you haven't got a visa? You really need a reality check and hopefully this is it. NO ONE IS ENTITLED TO A VISA. Deal with it. They haven't taken it off the list just because they probably, at some point during your application, they reached their quota for your skills. Had they taken it off the list then it would have made no difference to your application as it would already have been in.

if you read my thread you would grasp that I haven't applied for a visa but a SS.

and yes, I think most of the staff I have had correspondence with lack training and Im entiled to my opinion.

vermont42 Mar 17th 2010 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 8423031)
Do you fulfill the 120 points criteria without state sponsorship? It's possible Victoria are saying no to those who are eligible without their help.

Dorothy,

Yes my total point calc is 135.

Do you think this will make a difference?

Thanks.

Bermudashorts Mar 17th 2010 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by vermont42 (Post 8426615)
if you read my thread you would grasp that I haven't applied for a visa but a SS.

and yes, I think most of the staff I have had correspondence with lack training and Im entiled to my opinion.

I read your thread and I also did not understand what you mean. You are tlaking about a "grant" which most of us relate to visas. I thought you must be on a different visa at the moment.

Funny how it is you that gets misunderstood and your documents are misinterpreted and everybody else is stupid and doesn't read thigns properly. Have you thought about looking closer to home?

Originally Posted by vermont42 (Post 8426628)
Dorothy,

Yes my total point calc is 135.

Do you think this will make a difference?

Thanks.

So you don't need state sponsorship really then. :rolleyes:

Pollyana Mar 17th 2010 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by vermont42 (Post 8426607)

Its like they reject you first on purpose just to bring you down and then you have to go through an ordeal to finally get want you applied for.

Do you REALLY believe that government departments have enough time money and energy to waste on such a ridiculous idea? :eek: