Wikiposts

vettasess

Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Location: at present hyde manchester england ,hopefully mulalloo perth wa
armstrong7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vettasess

hi roomies ,

can any one tell me what the vetasess stuff is ,i am a joiner with 14 yers experience but my apperntiship papers never got sent of by my then employer ,so i have to do this vet asses what are they gonnna make me do hang a door ,make a bay window ??? what does it consist of does any one know

just to put smiles on peoples faces my agent just rang me a told me we could be their within 10 weeks if my vet assess goes through

thanks all

matty and lisa
Old Feb 6th 2008, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default Re: vettasess

Originally Posted by armstrong7
hi roomies ,

can any one tell me what the vetasess stuff is ,i am a joiner with 14 yers experience but my apperntiship papers never got sent of by my then employer ,so i have to do this vet asses what are they gonnna make me do hang a door ,make a bay window ??? what does it consist of does any one know

just to put smiles on peoples faces my agent just rang me a told me we could be their within 10 weeks if my vet assess goes through

thanks all

matty and lisa
hi

do you have no qualifications then? if not you can't do vetassess.
r u going on a sponsor visa?
Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

CYGNET will become famous soon enoughCYGNET will become famous soon enough

hi roomies ,

thanks all

matty and lisa
Hi
You should go onto the Vetassess Website. All the information you need is there, including all the forms you need to fill out.
It's a lengthy process, i hope your agent didn't mean you'll be in Oz in 10 weeks. Maybe he meant that the Vetassess process takes 10 weeks.
We sent our paperwork (Husband Carpenter) on 24th Nov, got letter that he passed the paperbased assessment on 4th Feb, which is about 10 weeks.
Next stage is a practical test in April, so need to pass this before applying for Visa.
Anyone on the forum will tell you that the paper work is a nightmare, trying to get all your references & evidence together.

good luck
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:37 am
Just Joined

i can get sponsership if i want it theirs is a joiner who will give me a job and all the rest that goes with it ,but i am by all senses time served and have been a working chipie for 16 years since i left school and went to college to do my apprent,unfortunatly the guy we served with died about 2 weeks before we finneshed and our papers didnt get sent of so me my mate and 2 other lads never had their aperntiship papers sent back i am talking to the citb at the moment to try and sort it but they dont keep records that far back so am a bit stuck if our papers had been sent back then we would be ok but theirs no record of us so far ,in my opinion i dont need and never have needed a peice of paper tp say i can swing a dor or put a stair case in or set out a bay window its whats i have done for work since i left school never done anything else so my agents knows this and said that i have to do vetasess to get my visa
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

i can get sponsership if i want it theirs is a joiner who will give me a job and all the rest that goes with it ,but i am by all senses time served and have been a working chipie for 16 years since i left school and went to college to do my apprent,unfortunatly the guy we served with died about 2 weeks before we finneshed and our papers didnt get sent of so me my mate and 2 other lads never had their aperntiship papers sent back i am talking to the citb at the moment to try and sort it but they dont keep records that far back so am a bit stuck if our papers had been sent back then we would be ok but theirs no record of us so far ,in my opinion i dont need and never have needed a peice of paper tp say i can swing a dor or put a stair case in or set out a bay window its whats i have done for work since i left school never done anything else so my agents knows this and said that i have to do vetasess to get my visa
hi

if you don't have your qualifications you can't do vetassess.
Old May 1st 2008, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all

hi all im also in the same boat except im only a 3rd year apprentice electrician and i lost my its next to impossible to get another so im moving to OZ but i have to do this vet asses thing first i dont think it should be too hard i hope. iv had a look on the web site and it tells you what you do for the practical test and the competancy profile, does any 1 know any good agents that have decent prices? what are all you paying? i have added up all the costs of health check, police check, vet assess, and the visas and it all comes up to £3600 and when i tried to get an agent it would have been £4700 is it worth the extra £1100 for an agent what do they actually do?
Old May 1st 2008, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Eammon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by camacazi
hi

if you don't have your qualifications you can't do vetassess.
Hi Matty and Lisa

As I understand it you can apply to take the practical skills assessment with VETASSESS without formal qualifications as long as you prove you have gained knowledge and experience in the competences required and been employed for a minimum of two years in your field. I have copied the following from the VETASSESS Website:

Work Experience
For applicants who have not completed any formal training you must provide documentary evidence that you have been employed in your trade area for a minimum of two years. This is a mandatory requirement. Applicants who do not have formal training qualifications or have not been employed for a minimum of two years will not be able to progress to the practical skills assessment.

Eammon has been a carpenter for 23 years - he didn't complete a formal apprenticeship as such - but he received training in all aspects of carpentry over a period of approx 3 years from qualified carpenters when he first started out. Eammon has had to complete a statutory declaration outlining all of his training and the person who provided most of the training to Eammon has also had to complete a stat dec.

It's worth looking on the VETASSESS website - there's load of useful information including a candidates guide which tells you the types of things they may expect you to do on the practical assessment.

Good luck with it all

Denise
Old May 1st 2008, 6:18 am
Just Joined

hi room .ppose i should have up dated this sooner but got to excited with everything .
i got sponsership from a aussy joniery compony and am set to be landing in perth in around july ,so happy days
cheers room and good luck to al still trying

matty and lisa
Old May 1st 2008, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

CYGNET will become famous soon enoughCYGNET will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by davidb1989
hi all im also in the same boat except im only a 3rd year apprentice electrician and i lost my its next to impossible to get another so im moving to OZ but i have to do this vet asses thing first i dont think it should be too hard i hope. iv had a look on the web site and it tells you what you do for the practical test and the competancy profile, does any 1 know any good agents that have decent prices? what are all you paying? i have added up all the costs of health check, police check, vet assess, and the visas and it all comes up to £3600 and when i tried to get an agent it would have been £4700 is it worth the extra £1100 for an agent what do they actually do?
Hi
My OH did carpentry practical test & passed in April. He had no qualification, as the company he was assigned during his apprenticeship, many moons ago, went bust. We just wrote a note to explain what happend, he had built up the trade from work experience & now has 20 years work experience, so that obvioulsy got him through.
With regard to the Agent, we are not using one. You would still have to gather all the info yourself for the agent, so whats the point ??? Just send it off yourself,save loads of dosh also.

Good Luck