Vetassess - what makes them tick?

Old Oct 10th 2011, 9:23 am
Just Joined

redsquirrel6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vetassess - what makes them tick?

Hi all,

I've just heard from my agent, and he has put the feelers out with Vetasess about whether or not they are likely to pass me on my qualifications.

In a nutshell, I have an NVQ level 4, which my governing body recognise as a degree, but Vetassess may not.

As he didn't actually show Vetassess my CV, and therefore they are unaware of other courses, depth of experience etc, would you think it's worthwhile still putting an application in?

What exactly do they look at? I need a degree for my job type (according to the visa), so will Vetassess just strike me off straight away, or will they consider other factors such as experience etc?

My agent was only giving me his informed opinion, of course, he wasn't saying outright that they would fail me, but he didn't want me to spend money only to find out that they will.

I just wondered what peoples experiences are of Vetassess........?
Old Oct 10th 2011, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vetassess - what makes them tick?

Is the vetassess application very expensive? Because putting the application might be only way to know for sure whether you will pass.

What governing body are you referring to? What occupation? if you can add these details you might get some better responses.

To me, NVQ4 does not sound like it is same as degree, aren't they just completely different things? How long does it take to get NVQ4?
Old Oct 10th 2011, 11:08 am
Just Joined

redsquirrel6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Is the vetassess application very expensive? Because putting the application might be only way to know for sure whether you will pass.

What governing body are you referring to? What occupation? if you can add these details you might get some better responses.

To me, NVQ4 does not sound like it is same as degree, aren't they just completely different things? How long does it take to get NVQ4?
Hi, I have an NVQ4 in Occupational Safety and Health. I am a graduate member of IOSH (the governing body). You can only achieve a graduate status if you have the equivalent of a degree in H&S. I've been a graduate for 2 years, and passed the NVQ4 in 2009.

It took me best part of 2 years to get this qualification, but it couldn't be done without the NVQ3, which took me just over a year to gain.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 3:31 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redsquirrel6
Hi, I have an NVQ4 in Occupational Safety and Health. I am a graduate member of IOSH (the governing body). You can only achieve a graduate status if you have the equivalent of a degree in H&S. I've been a graduate for 2 years, and passed the NVQ4 in 2009.

It took me best part of 2 years to get this qualification, but it couldn't be done without the NVQ3, which took me just over a year to gain.
NVQ 4's aren't the equivalent of a degree - they're the equivalent of a Certificate of Higher Education. It's in the FHEQ 4 with HNCs (Higher National Certificates). NVQ 5's would be in FHEQ 5 which are equivalent to Diplomas of Higher Education, Foundation Degrees & HNDs (Higher National Diplomas). Bachelors Degrees are in FHEQ 6.