Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Vetassess What is AQF degree level qualification

Wikiposts

Vetassess What is AQF degree level qualification

Old Nov 25th 2005, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all
Default Vetassess What is AQF degree level qualification

Vetassess on their web site state that to qualify for 50 points requires “an AQF degree level qualification” and that a post graduate diploma equates to only 40 points.

Daft questions time as I think I all ready know what the answer will be but thought it was worth checking to be want to be sure

1. What is a AQF degree level qualification

2. Would a postgraduate diploma and a masters degree in the same subject equate to a AQF degree level qualification

many thanks

jonjon
Old Nov 25th 2005, 5:47 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vetassess What is AQF degree level qualification

Originally Posted by jonjon
Vetassess on their web site state that to qualify for 50 points requires “an AQF degree level qualification” and that a post graduate diploma equates to only 40 points.

Daft questions time as I think I all ready know what the answer will be but thought it was worth checking to be want to be sure

1. What is a AQF degree level qualification

2. Would a postgraduate diploma and a masters degree in the same subject equate to a AQF degree level qualification

many thanks

jonjon
Hi Jonjon,

1. AQF is the Australian qualifications framework. A degree in the UK is normally the same as a degree in Australia.
2. UK qualifications such as Postgrad Dip or Masters should be ok.

Have you abandoned AIM or are you waiting for an answer and following plan B just in case?

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Nov 25th 2005, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Jonjon,

1. AQF is the Australian qualifications framework. A degree in the UK is normally the same as a degree in Australia.
2. UK qualifications such as Postgrad Dip or Masters should be ok.

Have you abandoned AIM or are you waiting for an answer and following plan B just in case?

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George

Thanks for the feed back and remembering my situation, I had an email from Barbara today advising me that the committee had concerns over my role and was requesting clarification from my employer of my role and its organisational impact.

Unfortunately I left there in September, to compound the situation my boss has now left and now have no control over what may or may not be said.

I am also very conscious that time is starting to run out as I need to have my main application in by the end of March 2006 and at the speed the AIM are going I could still be waiting in 2007 (sorry to sound cynical)

If they come back in the next few weeks and say yes all well if not I am still hanging around and at least I can move this forward.

To be on the safe side I have gone to plan B just in case

Hope you have a good weekend and I will let you know the outcome when I hear

Regards

Jon
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

what about a Foundation Degree George?

cheers Lace x
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:32 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21

cheers Lace x
Lace,

Makeup's not my strong point but it might make a difference lol.

A degree's a BA, BEc, BS, LLB, etc

Cheers

George Lombard

Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:00 am

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

from my past interest I seem to remember that the UK foundation degrees are only 2 years and will not come out as equivalent to a bachelors degree, although I guess they'll meet AQF Diploma requirements............you'd need to make enquiries on that one.

cheers Lace x
Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come come now George you know you like a bit of the girly stuff and we have to stop talking like this on here or your hoppo will Ave us lol

cheers for that
lace x

(thanks Steve good luck in everything you do in Oz)
Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:48 am

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, but on the one occasion I met Mr. Lombard, I found him extremely manly (not the island), with no hint of the use of cosmetics, although he did appear to be particularly youthful looking for his age. My wife reckoned he was only about 35 :-)

Oh come come now George you know you like a bit of the girly stuff and we have to stop talking like this on here or your hoppo will Ave us lol

cheers for that
lace x

(thanks Steve good luck in everything you do in Oz)