Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

vetassess practical skills assessment refrigeration engineer.

vetassess practical skills assessment refrigeration engineer.

Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice
Default vetassess practical skills assessment refrigeration engineer.

hi can anybody help me , i have passed the first part of vetassess , and now i have to undertake a practical skills assessment , has anybody done it and whats it like . regards , karl.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of
Default Re: vetassess practical skills assessment refrigeration engineer.

I would like to know the answer to this one

Come on guy's

Chris
Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

tempaire1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i also have been told to that i can proceed to the pratical assesment and i am assuming this is new to alot if its just splits and vrf you do i would be a bit concerned, brushing up on refrigeration skills i would think would be benificial as vetassess are a bit light on what to expect but along the lines of commercial/industrial fridge and ac i expect pack/chillers maybe casecade or ammonia, a broad base of experiance is what i would look for.

any ideas.

what i have done is get in touch with local training centre given them the competency profile assessment and asked for advice. dare i say it that the same would apply to migrants entering the uk...... no laughing. just trying to be practical.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of

Have you got your practical booked and when for if so?

Chris
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

competency profile assessment received today. practical application form faxed and sent in post today will now have to wait. the form says april 7th but no confirmation of exact time and location. just be patient i suppose.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck mate, let me know how it goes.

Chris
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:06 am
Just Joined

practical skills assessment received today 07/04/08 at north west college of london 7.30am a lay in.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tempaire1
practical skills assessment received today 07/04/08 at north west college of london 7.30am a lay in.
ditto , just got my dates as well , exactly the same as yours , have they told you what tools to take , if we know this we will have a good idea what the assessment is about , did vetassess say how long the assessment is ie , 1 or 2 days , regards . karl.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

no did not say how long but i took my course there when it was just called willsden college they had a work shop in there just small semi hermetics rigged up and a cold room not sure what it is like now, there was no a/c most courses did not side on vrv,vrf then only a/c applications most was on practical refrigeration all the dirty stuff was fun with the meggar.good luck 571090

Last edited by tempaire1; Feb 29th 2008 at 5:11 pm.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tempaire1
no did not say how long but i took my course there when it was just called willsden college they had a work shop in there just small semi hermetics rigged up and a cold room not sure what it is like now, there was no a/c most courses did not side on vrv,vrf then only a/c applications most was on practical refrigeration all the dirty stuff was fun with the meggar.good luck 571090
i think you are probably right , all being well it will be good old refrigeration , i think they will concentrate on refrigeration handling , pumpdown , setting up a tev valve [ maybe ] and possibly wiring up a compressor electrics , i have sent you a pm regarding vetassess , we probably are the first refrigeration engineers to go on this assessment, regards , karl.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Brownie is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to those who are taken there practical skills in April. I have only just finished the first part this morning and missed the dead line for April.
I also went to college there and we have a young guy at work that goes there so i will ask him what set up they have there as it was over eight years since i was there.
As i say good luck,
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brownie
Good luck to those who are taken there practical skills in April. I have only just finished the first part this morning and missed the dead line for April.
I also went to college there and we have a young guy at work that goes there so i will ask him what set up they have there as it was over eight years since i was there.
As i say good luck,
cheers all help is much appreciated , all being well it should be pretty straight forward , but i am not holding out . regards . karl.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

karl looking at the electrical practical the fridge side maybe similar ie provide each person with a work station with a bundle of bits build/install it into a working model, leave work station and do a written test/interview and then return to find the fault that has been provided on your work station and explain your route to the problem with a assesor asking tech questions, this could quite easily be carried out in this facility.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Brownie is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a word with the apprentice today and the set up at the College of North West London is still five or six small semi hermetics and a small cold room maybe two. There is a couple of small splits which they use to pipe up for installs no longer then a two meter run with a few bends which are needed. There is a small area for brazing. There is no large VRV’s etc on site, hope this helps you guys out specially being the first to carry out the practical assessment.

It would be interesting to hear what was involved when you guys complete the practical assessment in April.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brownie
Had a word with the apprentice today and the set up at the College of North West London is still five or six small semi hermetics and a small cold room maybe two. There is a couple of small splits which they use to pipe up for installs no longer then a two meter run with a few bends which are needed. There is a small area for brazing. There is no large VRV’s etc on site, hope this helps you guys out specially being the first to carry out the practical assessment.

It would be interesting to hear what was involved when you guys complete the practical assessment in April.
good man , cheers for that , i think you are right we probably are the first engineers to do this assessment , once i have done it i will post all the info regarding it , so the next lot have a good idea what its about , do you know of any decent accomodation near the college also is there parking at the college , once again thanks, regards , karl.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.