Wikiposts

Vetassess Plumbing practical query

Old May 20th 2009, 8:04 am
Just Joined

jlr248 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vetassess Plumbing practical query

Can anyone please advise us. My OH has a place on the July Vetassess Plumbing practical assessment in Accrington. (Hello to anyone else who will be there). His dilemma is this...The practical includes a section on either gas fitting or roof plumbing. He is not Corgi Gas registered and therefore submitted no evidence relating to Gas fitting in his paper based assessment. He did submit evidence relating to typical UK roof plumbing such as guttering, stackpipes etc and therefore assumes he should go with this. But when he has looked at the criteria to be met for the roof plumbing section it was based on fabrication works not usual for a plumber in the Uk to undertake. Has anyone done the practical and taken the roof plumbing route instead of gas.We have been unable to find any links giving further advice or information. We would love to hear from anyone who has any ideas. Thanks Jane:
Old May 20th 2009, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all
Default Re: Vetassess Plumbing practical query

Originally Posted by jlr248
Can anyone please advise us. My OH has a place on the July Vetassess Plumbing practical assessment in Accrington. (Hello to anyone else who will be there). His dilemma is this...The practical includes a section on either gas fitting or roof plumbing. He is not Corgi Gas registered and therefore submitted no evidence relating to Gas fitting in his paper based assessment. He did submit evidence relating to typical UK roof plumbing such as guttering, stackpipes etc and therefore assumes he should go with this. But when he has looked at the criteria to be met for the roof plumbing section it was based on fabrication works not usual for a plumber in the Uk to undertake. Has anyone done the practical and taken the roof plumbing route instead of gas.We have been unable to find any links giving further advice or information. We would love to hear from anyone who has any ideas. Thanks Jane:
hi

done the plumbing assessment last october nobody picked roofing plumbing on my course
everyone picked the gas .for the gas you do not need to be corgi all it is is pipework in mild steel and copper really easy
pm if you need anymore info

steve
Old May 21st 2009, 4:18 am
Just Joined

Hi,
Have already committed according to our agent, because I did'nt include any gas fitting evidence in my paper based application. So roof plumbing it is. Will just have to keep looking, there must be someone out there whose done it! Cheers anyway
Old May 21st 2009, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

hi

all of us picked what we wanted to do on the day roofing or gas everyone picked gas

it is not gas as such just pipework to an imaginary boiler and gas meter
Old May 21st 2009, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

hi
as steve said its mostly about the pipework with a few oral questions, dont worry about it, the day is not that bad really, everyone is in the same boat, i think the idea is to weed out any chancers really, with the range of practical work they can soon find them, the assessors are ok as well , there just there to see you do your stuff, i saw 1 bloke do the roofing option and it looked ok, not somthing i would like to tackle but basicly form a section of box gutter out of a flat piece of metal, the gutter ended up like a 45 degree copling, like i said its ok if you can do it, the guy was south african and rekoned thats all he did back home. good luck with it.
john
Old May 21st 2009, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Hi, Thanks for the info. I have never formed gutter boxes and don't know of anyone else who has either. Not sure which way to go but will take any advice available. Agent says I can't go for gas but others say it OK. Too confusing this vestassess lark I hope it's easier on the day!
Old May 21st 2009, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jlr248
Hi, Thanks for the info. I have never formed gutter boxes and don't know of anyone else who has either. Not sure which way to go but will take any advice available. Agent says I can't go for gas but others say it OK. Too confusing this vestassess lark I hope it's easier on the day!
hi, i dont want to disagree with your agent but when i sat mine i had no gas tickets whatsoever, i did the gas option no probs, the questions asked were basic questions like parts of a primary flue and what determines the size of gas pipework ie size of appliances and lenghs of runs.
john