Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Vetassess motor mechanic technical interview

Vetassess motor mechanic technical interview

Old Mar 25th 2017, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Div8804 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vetassess motor mechanic technical interview

Hi people. I'm new to this forum. I'm doing my vetassess motor mechanic technical interview in the next week and I'm nervous! I'm not sure what to expect.!? Has anyone done this recently?
Old Mar 25th 2017, 6:43 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vetassess motor mechanic technical interview

Originally Posted by Div8804
Hi people. I'm new to this forum. I'm doing my vetassess motor mechanic technical interview in the next week and I'm nervous! I'm not sure what to expect.!? Has anyone done this recently?
Have you read the Vetassess guideline on technical interviews?

For motor mechanic they have:

Motor Mechanic (General)
Answer questions related to:
1. workplace health and safety (WHS), such as correct manual handling techniques, identifying safety hazards on your worksite and prevention strategies, wearing correct personal protective equipment (PPE), etc.
2. reducing harm to the environment
3. selecting appropriate tools and equipment to complete the tasks
4, servicing, diagnosing and repairing automotive braking systems, components and/or assemblies
5. servicing, diagnosing and repairing automotive electrical control
Old Mar 25th 2017, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Div8804 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi .thanks for the reply. Yes I have read the Vetassess guideline on technical interview. I just want to know how detailed or in depth do they go into questions.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 7:03 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi .thanks for the reply. Yes I have read the Vetassess guideline on technical interview. I just want to know how detailed or in depth do they go into questions.
Unfortunately we don't seem to get too many mechanics through this way to offer much advice. Having had a technical interview in my trade by VU (Shouldn't have happened but never mind), it's pretty straight forward. Think about what questions you might ask someone to discover how skilled they are, and go from there. I could probably cover 1 and 2 without being a mechanic as they are more general questions, so maybe focus on the bits where you will need to give more detailed info.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 11:32 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Download the Vetassess Fact Sheet for Mechanics from the Vetassess website. This will give you a heads-up on the competencies they will be asking about.

One further heads-up: do brush up on automatic transmissions. Even if you don't work with them, and Vetassess won't expect you to, you will be expected to know something about them as they are the norm in Australia.

Regards,

Richard
Old Nov 20th 2017, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

wil1001 is an unknown quantity at this point

how did your technical interview go? looking for some feedback and sort of questions you were asked?
Old Feb 13th 2018, 4:55 am
Just Joined

mattscaria is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Vetassess motor mechanic technical interview

HOPE YOU HAD A SUCCESSFUL VETASSESS... NOW PLEASE EXPLAIN ABOUT THE TYPE OF QUESTIONS THEY ASKED....I WAS ABOUT TO APPEAR FOR ONE..
Old Feb 13th 2018, 7:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattscaria
HOPE YOU HAD A SUCCESSFUL VETASSESS... NOW PLEASE EXPLAIN ABOUT THE TYPE OF QUESTIONS THEY ASKED....I WAS ABOUT TO APPEAR FOR ONE..
Please don't post in all capital letters. It's rude and seen as shouting.

Your post also seems very rude and demanding. The people who post on here are volunteers and will be more likely to answet a question asked in a friendly way than a shouted demand.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

mattscaria is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Please don't post in all capital letters. It's rude and seen as shouting.

Your post also seems very rude and demanding. The people who post on here are volunteers and will be more likely to answet a question asked in a friendly way than a shouted demand.
Oohh...i m very sorry for my mistake. actually i m not that much good in english as it was not my mother tounge. also requesting this type of help/opinion for the first time. kindly forgive and if anyone got some idea about the post ...kindly reply. Once again i m so sorry.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 2:54 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattscaria
Oohh...i m very sorry for my mistake. actually i m not that much good in english as it was not my mother tounge. also requesting this type of help/opinion for the first time. kindly forgive and if anyone got some idea about the post ...kindly reply. Once again i m so sorry.
The person who started this thread hasn't been back on the site for almost a year, so it's very unlikely he will even know you are asking, it's a fairly common occurrence, once they have got their replies and done it then we never hear from them again.