Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

VETASSESS general electrician practical assessment ?

VETASSESS general electrician practical assessment ?

Old Jul 18th 2010, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

ssph14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking VETASSESS general electrician practical assessment ?

Hi All, can anyone help me out with some info please ? we (my fiance, baby boy and i) have just lodged our application to emmigrate to oz (hopefully brisbane as i have a brother there) . I am an electrician and i understand i have to complete a practical assessment for vetassess, im wondering can anyone shed some light on the tasks involved and how long the test is ? any info greatly welcome, many thanks. ssph14
Old Jul 19th 2010, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: VETASSESS general electrician practical assessment ?

hi, do a search on here under vettasses, its been posted about loads in the past, you should find somthing, good luck
john
Old Jul 19th 2010, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667546

i think this is the link to one thread.
john
Old Jul 19th 2010, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

english reject will become famous soon enough

Morning, I did mine about a year ago.

I attended North Glasgow and had a guy called Roger ( very nice fella ), the day started at 8am and finished at 4pm.

8am ( ish ) registration, you will be given a drawing and assigned a bay. You will be asked to mount a DB install 20mm tube/T&E clipped direct/2way sw/skt in T&E, then test and record you IR/ELIMP/CONTINUITY.

You will be taken from the bay and asked to do 3 further tasks,

1, safe isolation, this is in the vetassess info you recive.Please pay attention to this, I was told that a lot of guys fail on this

2, DOL, a contactor and over load/start/stop buttons are mounted on a board with no links, you are given leads and asked to wire it. When you have done this a fault was put on the wiring and you were asked to find and repair the fault.

3, multichoice exam, 18 questions ( pass mark 50% this may have changed ), the questions cover everything,ohms law/resistors/inductance/capacitance/transformers etc.

I was s******g my self, please donnt its nothing to worry about and the assessors are great.

The AM2 is a lot harder, this is more part P

All the best ER
Old Jul 19th 2010, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Ozzywannabe is an unknown quantity at this point

im trying to persuade my other half to do this vetasess assessment, he is also an electrician. are you using a migration agent to immigrate to australia or are you applying for vetasess test yourself?
Old Jul 19th 2010, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

english reject will become famous soon enough

You can apply to vetassess your self, if you have the time and inclination you can do it all yourself ( saving ££££ ), if you use an agent they ask you to get all the info any way.

Regards ER
Old Jul 19th 2010, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

There is a forum for sparks where you can always get useful info

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...sprune=-1&f=97

Don't panic about vetassess - I passed it.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Oh and also look at applying for state sponsorship when you get a positive assessment.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ozzywannabe
im trying to persuade my other half to do this vetasess assessment, he is also an electrician. are you using a migration agent to immigrate to australia or are you applying for vetasess test yourself?
Hi we are applying through a company called concept Australia in Manchester, they charge £1750 in 5 installments throughout stages of the application but they are very thourough and it is who my bro used when he emmigrated 2yrs ago. Hope this answers your question(s)
Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johnknight001
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667546

i think this is the link to one thread.
john
thanks a lot mate !
Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by english reject

I attended North Glasgow and had a guy called Roger ( very nice fella ), the day started at 8am and finished at 4pm.

8am ( ish ) registration, you will be given a drawing and assigned a bay. You will be asked to mount a DB install 20mm tube/T&E clipped direct/2way sw/skt in T&E, then test and record you IR/ELIMP/CONTINUITY.

1, safe isolation, this is in the vetassess info you recive.Please pay attention to this, I was told that a lot of guys fail on this

2, DOL, a contactor and over load/start/stop buttons are mounted on a board with no links, you are given leads and asked to wire it. When you have done this a fault was put on the wiring and you were asked to find and repair the fault.

3, multichoice exam, 18 questions ( pass mark 50% this may have changed ), the questions cover everything,ohms law/resistors/inductance/capacitance/transformers etc.

I was s******g my self, please donnt its nothing to worry about and the assessors are great.

All the best ER
thank you very much mate, your a diamond. youve helped put me at ease and i cant thank you enough !!! top man
Old Feb 6th 2011, 10:13 am
Just Joined

bubby1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by english reject

All the best ER
hi mate got my practical in april what fault or faults are they likely to put on the starter wiring ,

cheers bud