Wikiposts

VETASSESS - Financial Jobs Help Please

Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:57 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default VETASSESS - Financial Jobs Help Please

Cut a long story short I hope.

Anyone got experience with applying for VETASSES holding a degree in one SOL occupation - degree in mechanical engineering, but working in the financial sector and hopefully applying for work experience under that, Financial Advisor?

My sister and defacto spouse want to apply with me as the sponsor (I comply as a sponsor). They need the nominated occupation as either 40 or 50 points and then to pass DIMIAs work experience one.

Any advice?

Cheers
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:45 am
Just Joined

shaz777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VETASSESS - Financial Jobs Help Please

Originally posted by Sandra
Cut a long story short I hope.

Anyone got experience with applying for VETASSES holding a degree in one SOL occupation - degree in mechanical engineering, but working in the financial sector and hopefully applying for work experience under that, Financial Advisor?

My sister and defacto spouse want to apply with me as the sponsor (I comply as a sponsor). They need the nominated occupation as either 40 or 50 points and then to pass DIMIAs work experience one.

Any advice?

Cheers
Hello

I have a degree in sociology and politics but have been woking as a Business Account Manager for the lsat 3 years for the RBS Group.

I have used the SOL, business and information professional (Not other wise stated)

VETASSESS only test your qualifications and not your work experience and do not require your references, only copies of all your qualifications

My test results wil be through any day now

Good luck
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:10 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by shaz777
Hello

I have a degree in sociology and politics but have been woking as a Business Account Manager for the lsat 3 years for the RBS Group.

I have used the SOL, business and information professional (Not other wise stated)

VETASSESS only test your qualifications and not your work experience and do not require your references, only copies of all your qualifications

My test results wil be through any day now

Good luck
Thanks for answering

Are you waiting on VETASSESS - did you just send off your degree information - did you use an agent?

That was the plan - send off the degree information only for the 50 points and then build documentation for the work experience the employers references and internal IFA exams to send with DIMIA application. Was just wondering who has done this and what their experiences have been with say a Financial Advisor occupation, but your route seems very similiar any tips or hints for the application for DIMIA - would you recommend an agent for my sister?

Many Thanks
Old Jun 20th 2004, 2:24 am
Just Joined

shaz777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sandra
Thanks for answering

Are you waiting on VETASSESS - did you just send off your degree information - did you use an agent?

That was the plan - send off the degree information only for the 50 points and then build documentation for the work experience the employers references and internal IFA exams to send with DIMIA application. Was just wondering who has done this and what their experiences have been with say a Financial Advisor occupation, but your route seems very similiar any tips or hints for the application for DIMIA - would you recommend an agent for my sister?

Many Thanks
I did not use an agent as the vetassess form only asks for your name address and qualifications. You then included certified copies of them all with your birth cerificate and 2 pictures.

This cost approximatley £170, an agent would only have put the same information as me so it was cheaper to do it myself. However we will use an agent for my partners TRA as this looks a little more complicated.

With Vetassess they dont want references just to see your qualifcations.

You should look at VETASSESS.com.au

on the visa form they ask for a job decription there so you might want to to unclude your reference then.

Hope this helps x