assessment. Many of the ASCO codes do say work experience instead of
a degree as the skill level, but I don't think Vetassess will buy that
for migration purposes.

Jeremy

>On Sat, 03 May 2003 14:10:02 +0000, ptlabs wrote:
    >Originally posted by whome2k1
    >> 3) Unlike ACS, VETASSES does not clearly mention anything on the
    >> qualification front. Where can I get the details of the
    >> qualifications required for each of the ASCO codes??
    >>
    >You can get detailed job descriptions from this website:
    >http://www.abs.gov.au/
    >At the "search" box, fill in your ASCO code and you should get some
    >pretty interesting stuff.
    >Peter
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

Old May 3rd 2003, 12:28 am
Just Joined

whome2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VETASSESS assessment

Hi,
I had a few queries regaring assessment by VETASSESS. Request you help me on these.

1) Although VETASSESS does not ask for documents related to work experience for assessment. But does it help if a mention of work experience and the responsibilities handled are made.

2) Do they take the work experience into account or is it purely qualifications? By that virtue can a fresh graduate /post graduate without any work experience but relevant qualifications get a positive assessment???

3) Unlike ACS, VETASSES does not clearly mention anything on the qualification front. Where can I get the details of the qualifications required for each of the ASCO codes??

Thanks!!!
Old May 3rd 2003, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VETASSESS assessment

Originally posted by whome2k1
Hi,
I had a few queries regaring assessment by VETASSESS. Request you help me on these.

1) Although VETASSESS does not ask for documents related to work experience for assessment. But does it help if a mention of work experience and the responsibilities handled are made.

2) Do they take the work experience into account or is it purely qualifications? By that virtue can a fresh graduate /post graduate without any work experience but relevant qualifications get a positive assessment???

3) Unlike ACS, VETASSES does not clearly mention anything on the qualification front. Where can I get the details of the qualifications required for each of the ASCO codes??

Thanks!!!
Hi,
Have a look at their website, http://www.vetassess.com.au/FrameMigration.htm - I'm sure you'll find the answers there. As far as I know they only assess your qualifications. Your work experience is taken into account by DIMIA for the minimum requirements. You can find detailed descriptions for the ASCO codes via the immigration website www.immi.gov.au

Hazel
Old May 3rd 2003, 2:10 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whome2k1
You can get detailed job descriptions from this website:
http://www.abs.gov.au/

At the "search" box, fill in your ASCO code and you should get some pretty interesting stuff.

Peter
Old May 3rd 2003, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

whome2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jaj
As far as I'm aware, Vetassess require qualifications to get an
assessment. Many of the ASCO codes do say work experience instead of
a degree as the skill level, but I don't think Vetassess will buy that
for migration purposes.

Jeremy

---------------------------------------------
Thanks for the guidance all of you.

Jeremy,

you mentioned "Many of the ASCO codes do say work experience instead of a degree as the skill level, but I don't think Vetassess will buy that for migration purposes."
Actually it is not work experience 'nstead of' a degree but work experience 'in addition' to the degree.
But at the same time VETASSESS has categorically mentioned in their application form that no work experience related document should accompany the application form.
Isn't it a bit contradictory?

Rajat
Old May 4th 2003, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Vanou is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeremy,

you mentioned "Many of the ASCO codes do say work experience instead of a degree as the skill level, but I don't think Vetassess will buy that for migration purposes."
Actually it is not work experience 'nstead of' a degree but work experience 'in addition' to the degree.
But at the same time VETASSESS has categorically mentioned in their application form that no work experience related document should accompany the application form.
Isn't it a bit contradictory?

Rajat

Hi Rajat!

I was assessed by Vetassess (ASCO code 2221-11 - Public relation officer) and despite my 7 years of work experience, I can tell you they really do only look at your qualifications. I only sent them what they asked for (no resume or proof of work experience) and I got a positive assessment in 8 weeks.
Now, once you get that piece of paper from them, you can use your resume and proofs of recent work experience for your application with DIMIA, to get th points you need for Recent work experience.
Hope this helps (not sure I was very clear, still in the waking up process...).
Good Luck with your application,
Vanessa