Vetassess for Actuary

Old Aug 16th 2017, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Once upon a time is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vetassess for Actuary

Hello group

I have done MSc in Financial Mathematics and am working as a Actuary Analyst for 3 year+.
Vetassess shall deduct one year to assess Financial Mathematics as 'relevant' degree (as they did this when I applied in the past to 'test the water').

I now also have 7 CT examination and 1 ST examination cleared. Could declaring this to Vetassess assist me in reducing the deduction from my work experience (i.e. few months being taken off rather that then full 1 year)? OR can it add on to my work experience?

I was working as a Derivatives Analyst in ForEx with Meryll Lynch for 2 years. Sadly they have not agreed that to be a relevant experience. any advice to suggest a counter attack? If successful, than even with them taking away 1 year experience with degree assessment shall leave me with 3 years+ total experience and make me eligible for the 189 visa.

Advice welcome.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vetassess for Actuary

I would speak to a good registered migration agent. However, when you say it will make you eligible for a 189, if it only gets you 60 points or even 65, you are unlikely to ever get an invite
Old Sep 29th 2017, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

WRUSSELL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vetassess for Actuary

This might help:

Actuary (ANZSCO Code 224111)

This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If the qualification(s) are not at the required educational level, or if the employment has been completed prior to the qualification, then the employment will be assessed below the required skill level.

This occupation requires a major in Actuarial Studies or Actuarial Science. Actuarial Studies is the application of mathematical and statistical analysis in order to solve financial planning problems in areas such as insurance, superannuation and investment (ASCED). Qualifications in Mathematics or Statistics with supporting highly relevant employment will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.