Vetassess

Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

deano1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vetassess

ok iv looked through a few sites about the vetassess practical. I am Looking for details on the practical for a motor mechanic. I have noticed that there are alot of detailed descriptions of the day for an electrician but none for a mechanic.
Has anyone got infomation on what they ask you to do on the day for a motor mechanic im hopefully getting to do mine in august if i find out this week to book it.

cheers
Dean
Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vetassess

Originally Posted by deano1987
ok iv looked through a few sites about the vetassess practical. I am Looking for details on the practical for a motor mechanic. I have noticed that there are alot of detailed descriptions of the day for an electrician but none for a mechanic.
Has anyone got infomation on what they ask you to do on the day for a motor mechanic im hopefully getting to do mine in august if i find out this week to book it.

cheers
Dean
Try this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515286 - might help a little
Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

thanks iv read that one a few times its a bit basic, I thought it would be nice for a kind of detailed on like the sparks have, I cant be the only one thats bricking it Just really looking to know what they are looking for when they test you obviously you have to be able to do the job, but I know you are ment to torque everything under the sun if you go with a manual but most mechanics will make most bolts ft or know by the feel. Just silly little things id like to know if they are looking for id like to know thanks
Old Jun 19th 2010, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

rexlion is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi deano I did my vetassess as a general plumber in October and was nervous about the day,
I found that the guy that took us for the assessment put my nerves at rest. They are looking to see if you know your stuff.
One of the main issues was on Health and safety so I would have a brush up on that.
The bits we did were all like first year collage practical exercises, combined with 3 interviews on different aspects of plumbing.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you good luck mate
Old Jun 19th 2010, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

so im guessing u have to wear your safety glasses and all that stuff and check tools before you use them and all that hassel ? if you do i better start having a wee think on what i need to do haha
Old Jun 20th 2010, 1:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deano1987
so im guessing u have to wear your safety glasses and all that stuff and check tools before you use them and all that hassel ? if you do i better start having a wee think on what i need to do haha
Whatever you are asked to do, make sure you do everything exactly by the book, not how you would do the job in real life.