vetasses help (mechanic)

Old Apr 7th 2010, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

deano1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vetasses help (mechanic)

hi there this is my first post iv been to australia last year for a few month so now im looking to move there permanently. Im looking to do my vetasses test but i dont have a clue what evidence to send. Im 23, i was going to gather reference from previous employers well the ones I can. payslips for ones that I cant, my certificates, apprenticeship portfolio, would that be enough? Do you need to send the self assement aswell? thanks for any help
Old Apr 7th 2010, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

themech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: vetasses help (mechanic)

Hi there,
This is my second day & first reply on this site. My bro also wants to apply for mechanic trade. Same question here.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

cash money is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themech
Hi there,
This is my second day & first reply on this site. My bro also wants to apply for mechanic trade. Same question here.
You don't need to send the self assessment,what they need is as much documents from all your employment and training as possible to prove that you are a mechanic.If you can get job cards of some of the jobs you have done they will also help.And also the content you covered during your training.I hope i am clear enough....
Old Apr 8th 2010, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

deano1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah thats sounds good enough to me cheers, i still have my portfolio from my training with job cards from lots of jobs. also p45's from previous employers and payslips
Old Apr 8th 2010, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

themech is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your advise sir. My bro has all the documents i think like salary slips,job cards, pictures etc.I have one more question. what type of question they ask in vetassess practical, any idea ?(motor mechanic).
Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

cash money is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by themech
Thanks for your advise sir. My bro has all the documents i think like salary slips,job cards, pictures etc.I have one more question. what type of question they ask in vetassess practical, any idea ?(motor mechanic).
The practicals i am not sure,myself i went through TRA and there are no practicals there...Goodluck