British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   very start of AHPRA application (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/very-start-ahpra-application-906719/)

sammy89 Dec 10th 2017 12:40 pm

very start of AHPRA application

Hey everybody I am currently sat filling in my application form which seems pretty straight forward. There is a lot of information I have had to dig out and send to a solicitor to certify and a lot of emailing back and two with my schools, college, university NMC and so on. I am planning on sending my CV along with the few bits of ID that AHPRA will accept which isnt everything they need as do not have a visa yet or address in OZ.
just looking for any tips ect for people that are ahead of me the first bits of advice I need are: can I use my Uk adress for now and change it when I arrive in OZ probably 12 months from now? is there a form for my previous employers need to fill in or do I just ask them to send a reference for me? how do the ANZSCO codes work do I have to choose a specialty before I have registered?
I know I am at the start of a long process and its a bit scary to be planning my first ever solo trip to a country I will only know one other person. For this reason I am applying to NSW as my friend lives in Sydney. Any advice for pre planning would be greatly appreciated. I am aware Sydney is expensive and that there are going to be a lot of hidden costs pior to even getting there but a rough idea on how much I would need to support myself until I find work ect would be a massive help. look forward to getting a bit of advice thanks :)

Clacfart Dec 10th 2017 1:42 pm

Re: very start of AHPRA application

Once you apply for your APHRA I think you need to be in the country within 3 months or you have to apply again. That was my understanding anyway. Have you done your ANMAC??

I can't help with too much as I am going through these processes at the moment. I am not going to apply for my APHRA until I am almost ready to move xx

sammy89 Dec 10th 2017 2:00 pm

Where having you been working beforehand? Im currently in the north of England. Its a really lengthy process by the looks of it the website says and application can take upto 8 months to process so figured I may have time to wait. I could probably do the end of next year. I'm going through the primary English language pathway so I don't have to do the ILETS or OET yet which is also another hoop to jump though trying to prove my language skills. Will I still need to do the ILETS for a visa not started looking at the process properly. I'm finding the visa side of things more difficult than APHRA's application. I'm going for a mini 3 week travel round OZ with a friend from the 28th of Jan so anything I can do there will be a big help. Not sure whether to register with an agent and if I do should do that here or there? Also there was a bit on the website which says about the 3 month thing but I'm 50% on how to interpret that. Its says that the international health and criminal history check expires after three months but I can sign a declaration upto 12 months after I'm approved. I'm actually thinking about staying up late to ring AHPRA for a bit of advice on my application form. I feel a bit lost in it today.

Clacfart Dec 10th 2017 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by sammy89 (Post 12397208)
Where having you been working beforehand? Im currently in the north of England. Its a really lengthy process by the looks of it the website says and application can take upto 8 months to process so figured I may have time to wait. I could probably do the end of next year. I'm going through the primary English language pathway so I don't have to do the ILETS or OET yet which is also another hoop to jump though trying to prove my language skills. Will I still need to do the ILETS for a visa not started looking at the process properly. I'm finding the visa side of things more difficult than APHRA's application. I'm going for a mini 3 week travel round OZ with a friend from the 28th of Jan so anything I can do there will be a big help. Not sure whether to register with an agent and if I do should do that here or there? Also there was a bit on the website which says about the 3 month thing but I'm 50% on how to interpret that. Its says that the international health and criminal history check expires after three months but I can sign a declaration upto 12 months after I'm approved. I'm actually thinking about staying up late to ring AHPRA for a bit of advice on my application form. I feel a bit lost in it today.

Hi, I would say it won't harm to give APHRA a call. You should get a solid answer then. I'm in the East of England! I am not sure on the IELTS, I have done mine because I had no choice, I thought it was an absolute definite that everyone had to do it. I could be wrong though. Have a look at the ANMAC website because to work as a midwife or a nurse out there before you apply for your visa you need to do a full skills assessment (basically, all the info you send to APHRA, you need to send to ANMAC too... including solicitor certified docs).

I am going to do m criminal and health checks once I have been invited to apply for my visa if that is any help.

Anway, I am sorry I am not much help! It is such a stressful process but it will be worth it in the end. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to help. Good luck xx

I have sent mine off so awaiting for them to process it. Once they have done that I am going to submit my EOI

sammy89 Dec 10th 2017 3:01 pm

cool more food for thought didn't know Id have to send two lots out Ill have to get on that could even just give second copies to the solicitor tomorrow when I pick up the ones hes already done for me.
thanks for helping out where you could I hope everything goes well keep me updated on your progress it will be nice to speak to people with tips and information I don't have yet.
figures crossed everything falls into place for you x

Richard_Gregan Dec 22nd 2017 1:31 pm

Just so you are aware, ANMAC are moving to a new online application process on 15th January.

Hopefully AHPRA will follow suit, but no sign of this yet.

Regards,

Richard

lhanna01 Feb 11th 2018 5:48 pm

Hi

Can I just get a bit of advice, I too am a registered nurse and meet criteria etc. I am trying to work out the best option
1) Apply through APHRA then travel to Australia and collect pin then apply for VISA, to which I know IELTS is not required and am I right skills assessment is already done so not required again? OR

2) Apply for visa and do skills ass and IELTS etc then apply for APHRA registration once visa is arranged?

Tried going down the sponsorship route but not working out without APHRA, but expensive to fly over to collect a PIN and return.

Advice would be great on which is the most cost effective and efficient way.

Many Thanks in advance