VAT to be added to medical costs

Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

The Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to all
Default VAT to be added to medical costs

FOR ALL THOSE NOT BOOKED MEDS YET
We have our medicals on Friday this week and have just got our confirmation letter through and stated at the bottom is this:-

With effect from 1st May 2007 17.5% VAT will be added to all medical charges. This is because the Government have extended the scope of VAT to include some medical services, including migration medicals

As if it doesnt cost enough, so for all those not had meds get them booked before 1st May

Sam
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all
Default Re: VAT to be added to medical costs

I'v just tried and the earliest the where offering was the 2nd.... were bxggered... there's 5 of us and it's already costing a bomb!!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

pauldianebradandmitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Brooks
We have our medicals on Friday this week and have just got our confirmation letter through and stated at the bottom is this:-

With effect from 1st May 2007 17.5% VAT will be added to all medical charges. This is because the Government have extended the scope of VAT to include some medical services, including migration medicals

As if it doesnt cost enough, so for all those not had meds get them booked before 1st May

Sam
Hi does this mean that the meds have to be done before the May 1st or they must be booked before then,ours are on 3rd May,i asked the receptionist and she said there is no VAT for us to pay.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

FionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by pauldianebradandmitch
Hi does this mean that the meds have to be done before the May 1st or they must be booked before then,ours are on 3rd May,i asked the receptionist and she said there is no VAT for us to pay.
i would also be intrested to know as i booked yesterday for 4th may.im gutted was booked for 20 april but passports not back yet so re booked for later date ,was offered 27th but said no as i dident know about this vat thing. cheers fiona
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

loulou_tropicana will become famous soon enoughloulou_tropicana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Brooks

Sam
Hi there, i booked my meds in march, the earliest i could get in is next friday, since booking they have sent me a letter saying they are sorry to inform me that 17.5% VAT will be charged onto any overseas medicals as from 1/4/07
typical eh.
Lou
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

FionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by loulou_tropicana
Hi there, i booked my meds in march, the earliest i could get in is next friday, since booking they have sent me a letter saying they are sorry to inform me that 17.5% VAT will be charged onto any overseas medicals as from 1/4/07
typical eh.
Lou
bugger looks like will just have to pay i wonder if we can pay now before meds are done-prob not.
fiona

Last edited by FionaG; Apr 18th 2007 at 6:33 pm. Reason: im stupid
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:35 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse my langauge but

ROBBING F**CKIN BAS***DS !!!!!!

thank god i got my meds done last month...another reason to leave this country

Lee