Wikiposts

validity of police check and medicals

Old Oct 21st 2004, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about
Default validity of police check and medicals

hi all,

i've just been granted my pros.marriage visa and as the letter says i have to get married and lodge my application for temp.spouse before 14 july 2005.
we plan to get married well before that so lodging the application in time wont be a problem.
was wondering though - medicals and police clearance are valid for 1 year - i got them both in late july of this year. does this 1 year mean that they cant expire before i get a decision on my next visa or just that they still have to be valid at the time of application?

anyone know?

thanks,

tan
Old Oct 24th 2004, 3:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: validity of police check and medicals

Originally Posted by sunny side up
hi all,

i've just been granted my pros.marriage visa and as the letter says i have to get married and lodge my application for temp.spouse before 14 july 2005.
we plan to get married well before that so lodging the application in time wont be a problem.
was wondering though - medicals and police clearance are valid for 1 year - i got them both in late july of this year. does this 1 year mean that they cant expire before i get a decision on my next visa or just that they still have to be valid at the time of application?

anyone know?

thanks,

tan
Hi Tan,

Your meds and police check are valid for a year from the date they were done. If you get the application in for the temp residence visa before that year is up then you are OK and will not have to do them again. Its the application date that counts not the visa grant date. don't forget to look at the time spent in Aus when you apply for the temp visa - if it then adds up to 12 months (incl holidays in the past) you'll need an Aus police check.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hi Tan,

Your meds and police check are valid for a year from the date they were done. If you get the application in for the temp residence visa before that year is up then you are OK and will not have to do them again. Its the application date that counts not the visa grant date. don't forget to look at the time spent in Aus when you apply for the temp visa - if it then adds up to 12 months (incl holidays in the past) you'll need an Aus police check.

hey polly,

i'm assuming that dimia berlin will forward them to australia as they have the originals? right?

thanks,

tan
Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunny side up
hey polly,

i'm assuming that dimia berlin will forward them to australia as they have the originals? right?

thanks,

tan
I guess so - London must have forwarded mine, cos I didn't need the medical done again. the police check had run out so I had to do that.