Validating Your Visa

Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all
Default Validating Your Visa

G-Day Expats,
just received the news I've been waiting to hear for the past 2 years - our visa has arrived!!!!

However, there's always a snag!!. We have to validate, can you believe, before Dec 24th 2010. I wondered therefore whether I could validate all of our visas in August as I planned to do a final reccie (house hunting etc) by myself with the idea of us all then moving over in January 2011. Is this allowed or do we all have to make the move before this date?
The visa information does seem to indicate that we all need to make the move together. I have asked my agency but they are yet to get back to me and you Expats are generally faster and often just as knowledgeable!!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:06 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Validating Your Visa

Originally Posted by sportsendurance
G-Day Expats,
just received the news I've been waiting to hear for the past 2 years - our visa has arrived!!!!

However, there's always a snag!!. We have to validate, can you believe, before Dec 24th 2010. I wondered therefore whether I could validate all of our visas in August as I planned to do a final reccie (house hunting etc) by myself with the idea of us all then moving over in January 2011. Is this allowed or do we all have to make the move before this date?
The visa information does seem to indicate that we all need to make the move together. I have asked my agency but they are yet to get back to me and you Expats are generally faster and often just as knowledgeable!!
No you can't. You all have to go - and the primary visa holder has to enter first.

It does exactly what is says on the tin.

Last edited by Amazulu; Jan 28th 2010 at 9:12 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

G-Day Expats,

Why is this a snag? I have known since day one that all applicants would have to validate the visa at some point, how did you miss this? You have the best part of a year in which to validate.

So quick answer, yes you all have to validate your own visa, so all family members granted the visa with you have to make the trip.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Thanks girls it was just that I'm sure at some point last year someone said that they had validated their visa and then returned to finally move over at a later date. they must not have had a famiy or I have picked things up wrongly after a few beers!!!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

G-Day Expats,
Been following your progress - so pleased to hear your fantastic news!

CONGRATULATIONS
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Very nice of you Myrtle1.
Being a teacher can be good in many ways but a pain when it comes to handing in you notice. I can now leave at Easter (but can't afford it - house etc), July (still not enough time to save enough) and then at the end of December (sounds best but wife won't go at Christmas time!!). I'll also hit their Summer hols so no work for 6 weeks!
I'm putting my foot down though and I'LL tell her WHEN we are going but I'm first just going to have another bottle of wine and then I'll waite until she is asleep! If only I had the real bottle!!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 10:04 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

What type of visa did you get, because it does depend. You could be right - you get a first entry date, by which you ALL have to enter Oz, with you going first in the queue, but then that gives you 4 more years to get yourselves sorted to move permanently.

In your case, you must ALL validate by Dec 2010, but there's nothing stopping you then returning to the UK until you're ready, or you could then return first, or whatever...as long as you are all there resident before the 4 years is up.

We did this last July (a hellish 1-week trip to Melbourne, we were running out of time!)...we're now back in the UK waiting for the exchange rate to move in our favour, or not as the case may be. We have until July 2014 to return

Best of luck
Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

G-Day Expats,

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia

Much luckier than a lot of people - you have nearly all year to plan the trip, some people only have a couple of months between visa grant and the validation date.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone help . We were out quite a few years ago but only for a year. Our visas have now expired and due to a number of reasons we did not make it back in time. Will we now have to go through the whole process of applying again?
Old Jan 30th 2010, 11:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pott
Can anyone help . We were out quite a few years ago but only for a year. Our visas have now expired and due to a number of reasons we did not make it back in time. Will we now have to go through the whole process of applying again?
Unclear what this has to do with the thread topic, but:

Read:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Reside...Visa-Australia

If you cannot get an RRV, you need to start again, assuming you're still eligible.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. Looks like we have to start all over again...
Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:01 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Sportsendurance!!! So chuffed for you, the WDU programme being aired this week must've brought you good karma!!!
Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:50 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

G-Day Expats,
Fabulous news - well done and best wishes to all your lovely family for the new life!!!